Uber eats fares and tips today

Rose511

Just wondering is eats very slow today for anyone? Also, are your fares and tips abnormally low today? Usually Sunday’s are good but today seems very very off...
Post automatically merged:

Is anyone able to average more than $20/hour today? With the very low fares and low tips it’s more difficult than usual...maybe it will be better after 5pm. I started at noon.

Alltel77

Just wondering is eats very slow today for anyone? Also, are your fares and tips abnormally low today? Usually Sunday’s are good but today seems very very off...

Is anyone able to average more than $20/hour today? With the very low fares and low tips it’s more difficult than usual...maybe it will be better after 5pm. I started at noon.
It has been insanely busy here in S Florida this weekend on UE and DD. I had a $250 day on Friday for 8 hours , which I haven't had in nearly a year. Saturday I made $150 in four hours and Sunday I was lazy but still made $115 in 4 hours. Earnings were about 50/50 on each app. Both apps were busy non stop for the most part. Still declined a ton that were too far. It's so strange because the restaurants and beaches were packed all weekend so I'm guessing less drivers on the road here.

Rose511

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It has been insanely busy here in S Florida this weekend on UE and DD. I had a $250 day on Friday for 8 hours , which I haven't had in nearly a year. Saturday I made $150 in four hours and Sunday I was lazy but still made $115 in 4 hours. Earnings were about 50/50 on each app. Both apps were busy non stop for the most part. Still declined a ton that were too far. It's so strange because the restaurants and beaches were packed all weekend so I'm guessing less drivers on the road here.
Thank you for responding. Glad it’s going well for you. There are so many people out in metro Detroit at the restaurants so maybe that is why it slowed up. I do eats full time so I always appreciate other drivers input. I am on the wait list for door dash. I only do eats for now. Signed up for grub hub but it seems like everyone hates it...doesn’t sound like it’s better than eats.

Did $330 in 8 hours. Tried to do only short trips. Ignored FF.
@Rose511 are you signed up with multiple apps? Maybe switch to another app for a week or two?

View attachment 479896
That’s great, glad you had a prosperous day...are you in Chicago?...because im
Moving back there in the fall just wondering how eats is there. Right now, I’m in metro Detroit and I do eats full-time. I am on the wait list for door dash for the past few months and I am signed up for grub hub. However, I never hear anything positive about grub hub so I’m just sticking with eats..seems like no one makes good money with it....have you ever tried caviar, Amazon, post mates or any other delivery service? So far, I’ve been doing well with eats most days but sometimes I have hours or days that seem very “off” and abnormally slow even when the app claims to be surging or keeps saying I’m in a busy area...I do eats in downtown royal oak so it’s weird for it to be slow but maybe more delivery drivers are working now or maybe the algorithm punished me for ignoring a lot of low paying request and also I have to cancel quite a bit if I can’t find parking because the parking downtown is so terrible and limited...thanks for responding. Hope you make lots of money this week!

Last edited:

KevinJohnson

No I am in Texas. You should try the other apps to see if they are worth doing. Especially if things feel off. I do think UE throttles drivers pay.
I don't think there is a punishment for low acceptance rate. I am very picky and refuse nearly all fast food.

Rose511

No I am in Texas. You should try the other apps to see if they are worth doing. Especially if things feel off. I do think UE throttles drivers pay.
I don't think there is a punishment for low acceptance rate. I am very picky and refuse nearly all fast food.
Yes, absolutely...I agree that they throttle the pay because I’ll make a ton of money consistently then all of a sudden it gets ridiculously slow. Doesn’t make sense. I will try to refuse more fast food...maybe that will help my tips...do you also decline places like subway, Jersey Mike’s subs or tropical smoothie cafe? I also get a lot of Starbucks calls sometimes for literally one coffee. I’ll try other apps. Thanks for your help.

KevinJohnson

I always try to choose restaurants that will result in tips. No FF no Subway no packed drive thrus.

Picking up from the midrange places depends on if the drop is close and/or will take me to a good area.

Monitor your metrics daily/weekly:
Dollars per order
Dollars per hour
Dollars per mile.

Last edited:

Rose511

Ok, thank you for your advice. I’m going to try it out on my shift tomorrow. Hope we both make tons of money this week especially on Fourth of July. Enjoy your week.

Alltel77

Yes, absolutely...I agree that they throttle the pay because I’ll make a ton of money consistently then all of a sudden it gets ridiculously slow. Doesn’t make sense. I will try to refuse more fast food...maybe that will help my tips...do you also decline places like subway, Jersey Mike’s subs or tropical smoothie cafe? I also get a lot of Starbucks calls sometimes for literally one coffee. I’ll try other apps. Thanks for your help.
I think both UE and DD throttle pay to average out to $15 (assuming it's steady business) an hour AFTER accounting for your own taxes etc. The actual UE FARE paid to drivers (not including tips) varies by market. Based upon the pings I was seeing today, it appears another "paycut" has hit my area I was getting pings for $3 going 4.5 miles away, previously those were usually closer to $4. I did accept a stacked order today because after accepting I knew both customers (they tip good) One delivery I was paid $3.xx the other $1.51. I think they just try to average it out across the board, I am just going on what I see in my area and my own experience.

Last edited:

Marleytheegreat

Every since they change the payments settings i havent gotten one delivery , i mean not even one delivery. I would make 100 or even more a day on my bike this is the second day where i dont make any money once so ever.

Last edited:

Alltel77

Every since they change the payments settings i havent gotten one delivery , i mean not even one delivery. I would make 100 or even more a day on my bike this is the second day where i dont make any money once so ever.
If you are in CA , UE operates differently there. Contact your local government for assistance.

Nats121

Every market is different, and as such the severity of "punishment" can vary by market as well.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Uber punishes drivers for "low" acceptance rates, but in all likelihood, the more glutted a market is with drivers, the more severe the punishment.

Rose511

I think both UE and DD throttle pay to average out to $15 (assuming it's steady business) an hour AFTER accounting for your own taxes etc. The actual UE FARE paid to drivers (not including tips) varies by market. Based upon the pings I was seeing today, it appears another "paycut" has hit my area I was getting pings for $3 going 4.5 miles away, previously those were usually closer to $4. I did accept a stacked order today because after accepting I knew both customers (they tip good) One delivery I was paid $3.xx the other $1.51. I think they just try to average it out across the board, I am just going on what I see in my area and my own experience.
Yes, I agree. Fares that used to be a dollar or more per mile are now paying less than a dollar. I don’t understand why they do that because most drivers won’t accept a ping that pays too low unless it’s super duper close or super duper slow. I also noticed they lowered the promotions significantly to 1.1x-1.3x-1.5x when it used to be 1.8x and up especially between 5pm to 9pm and 9pm to 12am. Hoping to make a lot of money with the upcoming holiday. Hopefully tons of orders for July 4th and better surge. Back to back orders would be great. Hope you makes lots of money for the holiday. Thanks for responding.

That’s strange...maybe your area is super slow?? I noticed that last Sunday my first 3 or 4 hours were very very abnormally slow and then when I came back out at 6pm it was closer to normal and then it really picked up after 8pm-9pm. Hope you get deliveries soon. Sorry that happened to you. I know it’s frustrating and sucks.

wow you guys are spoilt in the states!!

we average about $20 NZD per hour without tips (average tip is $10 a week)
I guess I will stop complaining then lol. I do it full-time. Are you a full-time or part-time driver? Hope you guys make more money there soon. They should increase your rates immediately!! :smiles: I also keep track of all non-tippers or extremely low tippers and never deliver to them again UNLESS it’s a very very slow day.

Every market is different, and as such the severity of "punishment" can vary by market as well.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Uber punishes drivers for "low" acceptance rates, but in all likelihood, the more glutted a market is with drivers, the more severe the punishment.
I absolutely agree with you. I think the algorithm punishes me daily lol. Hopefully, more people will stop delivering so there will be more money for us full-time drivers!

Last edited:

Kiwi driver

Yes, I agree. Fares that used to be a dollar or more per mile are now paying less than a dollar. I don’t understand why they do that because most drivers won’t accept a ping that pays too low unless it’s super duper close or super duper slow. I also noticed they lowered the promotions significantly to 1.1x-1.3x-1.5x when it used to be 1.8x and up especially between 5pm to 9pm and 9pm to 12am. Hoping to make a lot of money with the upcoming holiday. Hopefully tons of orders for July 4th and better surge. Back to back orders would be great. Hope you makes lots of money for the holiday. Thanks for responding.

That’s strange...maybe your area is super slow?? I noticed that last Sunday my first 3 or 4 hours were very very abnormally slow and then when I came back out at 6pm it was closer to normal and then it really picked up after 8pm-9pm. Hope you get deliveries soon. Sorry that happened to you. I know it’s frustrating and sucks.

I guess I will stop complaining then lol. I do it full-time. Are you a full-time or part-time driver? Hope you guys make more money there soon. They should increase your rates immediately!! :smiles: I also keep track of all non-tippers or extremely low tippers and never deliver to them again UNLESS it’s a very very slow day.

Personally I think it will go down, it seems to be their model. They start of in the market with all These boosts and promotions until they saturate with drivers, then they offer less and less.

for example only boosts I see are 1.1 and that’s only during 4am - 7am shit hours etc.

there’s never any quests or promotions, we are just only now getting trip information to start showing prior to accept. UE launched here only a couple of years ago.

I feel there’s a reason most drivers are either students or Indians (who seem willing to work for little and during any conditions)

I get more rewards and free credits for using UE sparingly as a customer (think $30 a month) than anything I get as a driver.

since lockdown half the drivers have been Uberx doing eats so it’s saturates again.

I literally started UE for some extra pocket money whilst the borders open up so I can get to Aussie.

in Australia they are paid even less (much bigger market with more competition)

Alltel77

Uber is looking to buy PostMates now you will be adjusted soon.
It's possible , once they spend that cash to buy them. I think it was recently posted that they are pushing customers to tip in your area (which can be good when they actually do tip) but when they did that here , they slashed the fare minimum pay outs a few months later, then did it again , and keep doing it. I have to be overly picky on the orders I accept now to weed out low/no tip orders.

Rose511

Well, I’m glad it’s not your full-time gig so there is a lot less pressure to make a lot of money. I stopped driving Uber and Lyft. I hated it. Much rather deliver food than people. Hope you make some good money this week

It's possible , once they spend that cash to buy them. I think it was recently posted that they are pushing customers to tip in your area (which can be good when they actually do tip) but when they did that here , they slashed the fare minimum pay outs a few months later, then did it again , and keep doing it. I have to be overly picky on the orders I accept now to weed out low/no tip orders.
Yes, you definitely have to be picky or you won’t make much and you’ll burn though gas wayyyyy too quick. I don’t want to buy gas everyday like I used to with Lyft and Uberx. Enjoy your evening. Hope it’s busy for you!

dgates01

Whenever Uber says they've got a new and exciting pay plan for drivers, always be wary.

You're now being paid on the way to the restaurant!...*

( * we've also lowered the base pay, yet again, so it won't mean anything.)