Uber eats delivering direct to hotel rooms?

Casedarby

Fairly new to Uber Eats and was surprised to see a request to bring the food up to the room. Only other hotel delivery I was met in the lobby. Hotel was nice about me leaving car out front, but it certainly added to the delivery time. Of course finding out later there was no tip added to my anger.
Anyone else run into this situation?

bobby747

alot of years doing food delivery. local mom and pop places .we were spoiled with very close runs . 7 days a week....hotels none. when we got one. MUST MEET IN LOBBY......i really think you reached an all time low in income...( not bashing you) doing eats...grub hub has to be better...the bringing food and maybe getting a tip is unheard of in the pizza /sandwich world.cheap 1 a night stiff..yes....please for sake of quality of life...dont do in in big citys...no parking tickets.....they got you guys trapped in a gig that pays horrible...i chatted a guy who does fri-thur sun..says . $700+ every week in CC phila..eats...cavier...postmates...i said wow seems decent...how many hours each day...drum roll 14x3=42 hours a week less fuel safety....say $75 in expenses..(way more) $14 an hour not including taxes wear and tear ..sss...
food del. jobs should pay $20+ avg an hour....20 + years as night job. it pains me to see you guys getting ripped off...i see it at every M.D'S

bobby747

look at bottom app. you can turn it off. or call help uberx and tell them u never wanted food

Casedarby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
alot of years doing food delivery. local mom and pop places .we were spoiled with very close runs . 7 days a week....hotels none. when we got one. MUST MEET IN LOBBY......i really think you reached an all time low in income...( not bashing you) doing eats...grub hub has to be better...the bringing food and maybe getting a tip is unheard of in the pizza /sandwich world.cheap 1 a night stiff..yes....please for sake of quality of life...dont do in in big citys...no parking tickets.....they got you guys trapped in a gig that pays horrible...i chatted a guy who does fri-thur sun..says . $700+ every week in CC phila..eats...cavier...postmates...i said wow seems decent...how many hours each day...drum roll 14x3=42 hours a week less fuel safety....say $75 in expenses..(way more) $14 an hour not including taxes wear and tear ..sss...
food del. jobs should pay $20+ avg an hour....20 + years as night job. it pains me to see you guys getting ripped off...i see it at every M.D'S
Calm down Bobby747. I only do this part time when I feel like it. Retired, so it keeps me busy and away from watching tv all day. Point well taken about meeting in the lobby. I will go with that if it ever happens again. Tips from Uber customers are all over the map. Had a $4 food delivery today and got a $5 tip. An airport run last week was $72 with a big fat zero tip. Something I would never do as a customer. Fortunately, I don't have to rely on this to pay the bills.

bobby747

my nabors a retired firefighter..I understand
. but many are not...some bad videos on eats on YouTube with pay details. also stay out of elevators and rooms.. say my insurance only covers me in lobby..your insurance..not ubers

ToughTommy

I had a drunk guy one night in a group of 4 and he kept repeating to me Don’t do Eats . Don’t worry U won’t .
He told me he would take a ping from Matawan and he would say he would deliver from IHOP to the hoods of Perth Amboy and they all ordered rib tips. Payed next to nothing and never a tip. Not that I needed any affirmation to not do it.

Nakamichiping

Just like Bobby747 said: call them, text them and meet them in the lobby. After 20 hotel deliveries only 2 tips. That was the standard norm. Yes, I keep canceling deliveries to the Amboys too. When yummy pasta, or sushi. Well that becomes my lunch or dinner.