• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Eats cut fares in half 11/14/2018

I just did a delivery tonight for mcdonalds and the fare was 3 dollars on a 1.5x boost!
did uber just cut the pick up and drop off fees? I have not seen any notice.
here is a break down of the fare

Duration 13 mins
Distance .73 miles

Distance $0.30
Pickup Fee $1.02
Dropoff Fee $0.68
Boost (1.5x) $1.00

Earnings $3.00

I have delivered to the same address before and the earnings was around 6 to 7 dollars. Pickup was 2.89 and dropoff was 0.89 yesterday!

I have also sent a message to support so we will see what they say.

Dredrummond

If it’s not surge don’t do any rides once surge leaves go get another job

I’m done complaining and I’m not driving to be socialble

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Support responded and sent a message to everyone saying....

We experienced an error in which the time-based component of your fare was not being paid to you for some of the recent delivery trips. We apologize for the error and are currently working on adjusting the incorrect fares. Please know that the glitch has been resolved and you can expect to see the correct fares on any deliveries that you complete moving forward.

The fare was adjusted to 6 dollars for a minute and then they took it away from me but all future trips are correct and these are indeed the new rates, all they did was cut the pick up and drop off fees and add a time fee in favor of them which equals to about the same amount I was already making. Long trips might actually be more money now but there are not many with uber eats.

If it’s not surge don’t do any rides once surge leaves go get another job

I’m done complaining and I’m not driving to be socialble
There is no surge for Uber Eats, only boost prices that range from 1.1x to 2.1x and the 1.7x to 2.1x is only after 9pm lately which is frustrating. But there are no passengers to deal with and you don't have to be sociable with the food :smiles:

I have done Uber driver in the past and it is not worth it in metro detroit. There are too many drivers to be profitable but Eats has its own problems as well.

Dredrummond

There is no surge for Uber Eats, only boost prices that range from 1.1x to 2.1x and the 1.7x to 2.1x is only after 9pm lately which is frustrating. But there are no passengers to deal with and you don't have to be sociable with the food :smiles:

I have done Uber driver in the past and it is not worth it in metro detroit. There are too many drivers to be profitable but Eats has its own problems as well.
For the reduced fare neither are worth it

I’m good on boost

Muddycowboy87

This is why I do DoorDash. Pays much better. Surging usually $2 or $3 dollars in areas. Sometimes more for lunch and dinner rushes. Uber is only good early morning, around 5pm or late night after the bars let out. I know a lot of service industry workers and regulars to bars that just call me. Kind got an inside lead there to passengers. But UberEats doesnt pay as well as DoorDash. Birmingham is best between 5pm and 9pm and then Southfield after 10pm, dearborn and Allen park after 12 but that's mostly fast food, so you've got to make quick trips and most of the time it isnt worth it. I make more DoorDashing during the day and dinner rush than I could all day Ubering. Even with surge. Unless I get my regulars. Only been an Uber Driver for less than a week. Decent pay thus far, it definitely pays to know people

This is why I do DoorDash. Pays much better. Surging usually $2 or $3 dollars in areas. Sometimes more for lunch and dinner rushes. Uber is only good early morning, around 5pm or late night after the bars let out. I know a lot of service industry workers and regulars to bars that just call me. Kind got an inside lead there to passengers. But UberEats doesnt pay as well as DoorDash. Birmingham is best between 5pm and 9pm and then Southfield after 10pm, dearborn and Allen park after 12 but that's mostly fast food, so you've got to make quick trips and most of the time it isnt worth it. I make more DoorDashing during the day and dinner rush than I could all day Ubering. Even with surge. Unless I get my regulars. Only been an Uber Driver for less than a week. Decent pay thus far, it definitely pays to know people
Uber is like a game. Once you do it for a few months they drop the boost and surge lower and lower to see how many pennies you will work for before you quit or get deactivated.

Matthew Thomas

Yeah I agree. I usually do DoorDash and it is way better than screwber. If DD is slow then I turn screwber on. I only do screwber on weekends.

Screwber Eats is only good if it is surging 2X or more or if you get pinged at restaurants where the food goes a good distance. Otherwise screwber eats is trash!

Yeah I agree. I usually do DoorDash and it is way better than screwber. If DD is slow then I turn screwber on. I only do screwber on weekends.

Screwber Eats is only good if it is surging 2X or more or if you get pinged at restaurants where the food goes a good distance. Otherwise screwber eats is trash!
I've never seen an uber eats surge and boost is 1.1 to 1.3x now and doordash is long waits and lower pay than uber