Uber Eats coming to Buffalo

Teach1

I'm somewhat surprised that Uber eats is coming to Buffalo so soon. It's usually comes a year or more before UberEATS is introduced. Take a screenshot

Screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170907-174441.png
    Screenshot_20170907-174441.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 52

Merc7186

Went online for 45 minutes and no hits....not surprised but find it funny that Uber has given a Quest for it.....finally a Quest....lol

Lurking

Some drivers love UberEats, while others hate it. Try it for yourself with multiple restaurants before deciding for yourself.

McDonald's is a big client. McDonald's pickups tend to be shorter trips and lower tips than other restaurants. If after-hours when only the drive-thru is open, do NOT wait in line! Drive directly to the pickup window. If another car is already there then stop next to him. and tell the McPerson you are UberEats. Make sure they understand that you will be waiting a bit further, out of the way of traffic, and expect the food to be brought out to you. Expect some McDonald's to be more organized and others less so.

Merc7186

Greenlight Hub does not have their UberEats bags yet, but they are expecting them next week and they are $10 each.

Clearly this whole launch must of have caught them off guard....

Lurking

Save your $10. Most UberEats drivers stop using the official bag after a few months. The restaurant will use it's own bag or sometimes buys bags with the UberEats logo. The recipient rarely cares what kind of bag is used. What's important is verifying the order number on your phone/tablet.

Merc7186

I wish I was making this up....and this is why I am not doing UberEats.

...must have been a satisfied UberEats bum package recipient.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170921-165203.jpg
    Screenshot_20170921-165203.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20170921-165615.png
    Screenshot_20170921-165615.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 52

Lurking

Low UberEats pay rates compared to both UberX and surrounding areas according to this.

The basic pay formula is: ($2 Pickup fee + $.80 per Mile + $.60 Dropoff fee) * (1 - Uber Cut) + Tips

Compare that to 95 cents per mile for UberX.

ShinyAndChrome

Low UberEats pay rates compared to both UberX and surrounding areas according to this.

The basic pay formula is: ($2 Pickup fee + $.80 per Mile + $.60 Dropoff fee) * (1 - Uber Cut) + Tips

Compare that to 95 cents per mile for UberX.
"All advertised rates are amounts before the Uber service fee is applied."

HAHAHA. Nothing for time, apparently.

So if I am three miles away from a mcdonalds, as a customer I need to pay only $5 total to have that mcdonalds delivered to my door? That is not a sustainable cost whatsoever. And then from that $5 uber takes its cut and what does the driver make for having spent a mile (?) to get to mcdonalds, a few minutes to collect the order, three more miles in traffic, etc.

I live out from town. I could pay $6 or whatever for my entire household to have mcdonalds delivered to the door, and then the driver eats all the dead miles back. Absolutely nutty pricing model.

Lurking

For some reason, the UberEats pay rates for Upstate-NY are the lowest in the region. If too few drivers do UberEats at these low rates then Uber will be forced to raise those rates to be closer to surrounding areas. The low rates will stay the same if drivers, who are desperate or cannot do math, accept them.

ShinyAndChrome

For some reason, the UberEats pay rates for Upstate-NY are the lowest in the region. If too few drivers do UberEats at these low rates then Uber will be forced to raise those rates to be closer to surrounding areas. The low rates will stay the same if drivers, who are desperate or cannot do math, accept them.
If those are the only conditions required for rates to stay low I can confidently say rates will stay low.