Uber dumped Spotify for Pandora

UberMeansSuper

I did the Spotify + Aux cable once I got an iPhone. Then some rich privilege kid got on and was playing awful music so I never did this again (and, plus, it uses my data, not his).

Today I noticed a prominent music note logo over the map before you can Go Online. I found the below splash screen.

Wonder what happened. Pandora doesn't let you pick specific songs like Spotify. Weird.

EDIT: hmm apparently it's Ad-Free for us: https://newsroom.uber.com/pandora-driver-music/

image.png

nickd8775

Another useless feature passengers won't use. There's yet another option for passengers to pick the music. No aux cable needed. "Put on 104.7"

Alex Williams

I see a few alternatives here. Uber could have been unhappy with the terms of the subsequent deal that they were going to negotiate with Spotify, so they walked away. Or, it may be that Spotify was a nuisance to drivers because of so many requests from passengers. In switching to Pandora, passengers would still request a station, but the number of requests per ride is likely to be a lot lower because you can't request a specific song.

nickd8775

I see a few alternatives here. Uber could have been unhappy with the terms of the subsequent deal that they were going to negotiate with Spotify, so they walked away. Or, it may be that Spotify was a nuisance to drivers because of so many requests from passengers. In switching to Pandora, passengers would still request a station, but the number of requests per ride is likely to be a lot lower because you can't request a specific song.
Spotify was far from a nuisance to drivers. Nobody used it

Uber_rat

Thanks for providing me with ad-free Pandora. I already used Pandora and consistently receive compliments on my choice of music. I've only had one pax use the Spotify app to play music in my car.

JimS

I've used Pandora from a tablet for a while now. No biggie. So now that it's on Uber, I like it. But the question that I have is, can passengers select the genre? I've had it on with a couple pax, but they couldn't do anything about the music. Mine. All mine.

UberMeansSuper

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've used Pandora from a tablet for a while now. No biggie. So now that it's on Uber, I like it. But the question that I have is, can passengers select the genre? I've had it on with a couple pax, but they couldn't do anything about the music. Mine. All mine.
Unlike Spotify, no, the pax has no control over the music.