• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber dropoffs at Boston Logan Airport ?

Lucio36

Anyone know if we (uber) still allowed to dropoff riders at curbside at terminals at logan airport 06/16/2019

U/L guy

In theory, you should be able to drop off anywhere anyone else can drop off. It's usually picking up that has all the rules and regs.
Tampa airport allows curbside pickups and drop offs, the problem is other U/L drivers won’t let you in and out, they’ll ding your doors and act like it’s nothing.

B - uberlyftdriver

In Boston, currently you CAN drop off at departures curbside until massport changes the whole rideshare thing in the airport this fall

the central parking plan for rideshare drops/pickups was voted in by massport a short time ago and it includes some drop off times at the curb but i don't know how its going to work as of yet

SuzeCB

Tampa airport allows curbside pickups and drop offs, the problem is other U/L drivers won’t let you in and out, they’ll ding your doors and act like it’s nothing.
That's an entirely different issue.

Normally, I would suggest being a real stickler for the damages, but that will just get you deactivated for 3-in-3, so not advisable.

Lucio36

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks for your comments that was my first ride to logan I am also new to uber live in manchester NH I still do not even have my uber stickers they say it is not required

B - uberlyftdriver

thanks for your comments that was my first ride to logan I am also new to uber live in manchester NH I still do not even have my uber stickers they say it is not required
not required in NH but are in Mass

do not trust support, they don't know much and do not have your interests in mind.
question about driving in Mass are best handled at the hub in saugus

Jaackil

In Boston, currently you CAN drop off at departures curbside until massport changes the whole rideshare thing in the airport this fall

the central parking plan for rideshare drops/pickups was voted in by massport a short time ago and it includes some drop off times at the curb but i don't know how its going to work as of yet
Just a friendly clarification. Massport established a new plan, there was no vote. Nothing got voted in, there was no study, no review just some beaurocrat who woke up from a nap one day and said I have an Idea, let’s reduce our parking even more, and inconvieniece our travelers even more by having them walk with all their luggage from their terminal to central parking while at the same time creating more traffic and confusion. Massport is a dictatorship. No one is even really sure who exactly Massport answers to.

Goodellsux

Just a friendly clarification. Massport established a new plan, there was no vote. Nothing got voted in, there was no study, no review just some beaurocrat who woke up from a nap one day and said I have an Idea, let’s reduce our parking even more, and inconvieniece our travelers even more by having them walk with all their luggage from their terminal to central parking while at the same time creating more traffic and confusion. Massport is a dictatorship. No one is even really sure who exactly Massport answers to.
The Massport Board of Directors voted on the plan that was presented to them by other Massport executives

Gung-Ho

Everybody acknowledges that the terminal A and B pick up areas are disasters now. I have to believe most terminal C and E rideshares will be much happier waiting inside a garage as opposed to an open air parking lot they have to hike to now especially in bad weather.
So why exactly is this new plan going to be worse?

RhodyBob

I don’t have a lot of experience as a passenger, but when I fly (6-8 times a year) my biggest complaint about all this is distance. The farther I have to walk - to the taxi, the Uber or the rental counter, the worse it is.

LAS has a similar arrangement as I think is coming here. The madness at the end of the walk is always going to be the same. So how far do I have to schlep my luggage to get there?

BOS will have the same situation as it has now, although concentrated in one spot instead of 3 (4?). You’ll just have to drag the suitcases and the kids farther.

I don’t think the riders will blame us. Not that that matters.

E30addixt

Everybody acknowledges that the terminal A and B pick up areas are disasters now. I have to believe most terminal C and E rideshares will be much happier waiting inside a garage as opposed to an open air parking lot they have to hike to now especially in bad weather.
So why exactly is this new plan going to be worse?

Simple. Take a bunch of idiot ride share drivers who think 6" is going to make or break their night. Now look at the shit show these morons cause trying to merge into one lane to get to the TNC lot (or the gridlock caused because they can't get out of the lot). Now look at trying to get all these idiots into the central garage which is also one lane. Yup. Complete and utter disaster just waiting to happen.

RhodyBob

Central Parking is for pickup only, right? So the queuing lot stays the same. With a geofence like it has now, with the same zoo animals herding about.
Post automatically merged:

Dropoffs? Where are dropoffs gonna be?

Veal66

Central Parking is for pickup only, right? So the queuing lot stays the same. With a geofence like it has now, with the same zoo animals herding about.
Post automatically merged:

Dropoffs? Where are dropoffs gonna be?
Several articles available with the info. Here's one:

Anyway the main takeaway is: All Dropoffs and Pickups will be done in the same location in Central Parking, with one exception: curbside drop-offs will be allowed between 4am-10am. Planned start date of Oct. 1.

They don't mention the Queue lot, but they do talk about "Ride-matching" being used to facilitate quick dropoffs and getting a new pax. So it seems to me the Queue lot is going away. But I'm not fully certain on that specific point.

Last edited:

Diamondraider

Several articles available with the info. Here's one:

Anyway the main takeaway is: All Dropoffs and Pickups will be done in the same location in Central Parking, with one exception: curbside drop-offs will be allowed between 4am-10am. Planned start date of Oct. 1.

They don't mention the Queue lot, but they do talk about "Ride-matching" being used to facilitate quick dropoffs and getting a new pax. So it seems to me the Queue lot is going away. But I'm not fully certain on that specific point.
Wow.

I do a fair number of airport drops and hit the TNC lot about 50% of the time. Not for long. This article focuses on ride-matching and there is a direct inference to forced ride-matching.

Before objecting to my takeaway, read the article and pay close attention to the reason east Boston considers the change “toothless.” Central parking = Ride Match......”curb drop prevents ride match” per east Boston. What I haven’t heard is how does a driver deadhead TO the airport?

Sounds like employee status to me.

RhodyBob

Doubtful that the rulemakers have ever driven a ride. Deadheading is just one example. Suppose I need to pee? Where do I fit in the ridematch? Can I cancel a ride or just not accept it, regardless of rating points lost by the company, I just want a cigarette or a coffee.

God help us. Drivers and riders both.