UBER driving now makes toilet cleaning look glamorous - Well Done Uber!

QLDUberDriver

Everyone can expect to read more news as time passes about this type of behavior in Ubers.

Trash riders and low quality drivers is what the collective will see Uber as. Rubbish riders to rapist drivers, you can thank Ubers desperate race to gain aggressive market share to devalue the service.

For gods sake, someone with a service with higher price and focus for quality drivers please enter the market already. Not only do those drivers need to exist, riders who value quality will pay extra, which will be equal to or cheaper than Taxis fares anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perth Uber driver crashes after passenger repeatedly punches him in the head

An Uber driver lost control of his vehicle and crashed after being punched repeatedly in the head by a passenger early Sunday morning.

The 64-year-old driver picked up a woman and three men in O'Connor at about 4am.

1500783301822.jpg

The group became aggressive when they got into the car, so the driver asked them to get out, police said.

A male in the front passenger seat verbally threatened the driver but then got out, and the driver started to take the rest of the group to their destination.

Police allege one of the men, seated in the rear of the car, punched the driver numerous times in the head as he turned onto Carrington Street. The driver lost control and crashed into bushes.

The passengers ran off and the driver went to Fremantle Police Station to report the incident.

This attack comes as WA Police search for two men who allegedly attacked and robbed a Perth taxi driver in Queens Park on Saturday.

"At about 2:40am, a male taxi driver collected two men from Stanford Street in Maddington," Sergeant Andrew Maher said.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/p...-punches-him-in-the-head-20170723-gxgvvz.html

NZShaker

"At about 2:40am, a male taxi driver collected two men from Stanford Street in Maddington," Sergeant AndrewMaher said.

Taxi driver are protected by having cameras in the car for saftey though

QLDUberDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"At about 2:40am, a male taxi driver collected two men from Stanford Street in Maddington," Sergeant AndrewMaher said.

Taxi driver are protected by having cameras in the car for saftey though
I dont think cameras protect them from assault or robbery e.g. "WA Police search for two men who allegedly attacked and robbed a Perth taxi driver in Queens Park on Saturday"

Or where you being sarcastic?

PhantomDriver

Would that mean I would have to wear socks with my thongs?
Please don't post any pictures of you in socks and thongs

Everyone can expect to read more news as time passes about this type of behavior in Ubers.

Trash riders and low quality drivers is what the collective will see Uber as. Rubbish riders to rapist drivers, you can thank Ubers desperate race to gain aggressive market share to devalue the service.

For gods sake, someone with a service with higher price and focus for quality drivers please enter the market already. Not only do those drivers need to exist, riders who value quality will pay extra, which will be equal to or cheaper than Taxis fares anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perth Uber driver crashes after passenger repeatedly punches him in the head

An Uber driver lost control of his vehicle and crashed after being punched repeatedly in the head by a passenger early Sunday morning.

The 64-year-old driver picked up a woman and three men in O'Connor at about 4am.

View attachment 141807

The group became aggressive when they got into the car, so the driver asked them to get out, police said.

A male in the front passenger seat verbally threatened the driver but then got out, and the driver started to take the rest of the group to their destination.

Police allege one of the men, seated in the rear of the car, punched the driver numerous times in the head as he turned onto Carrington Street. The driver lost control and crashed into bushes.

The passengers ran off and the driver went to Fremantle Police Station to report the incident.

This attack comes as WA Police search for two men who allegedly attacked and robbed a Perth taxi driver in Queens Park on Saturday.

"At about 2:40am, a male taxi driver collected two men from Stanford Street in Maddington," Sergeant Andrew Maher said.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/p...-punches-him-in-the-head-20170723-gxgvvz.html
Gocatch are picking up more action
Customers are happy to pay more for gocatch
What does that tell you?

QLDUberDriver

Please don't post any pictures of you in socks and thongs

Gocatch are picking up more action
Customers are happy to pay more for gocatch
What does that tell you?
Considering their abysmal marketing efforts, it would be minute gains into the market. I never got any work a year ago with them so Id be curious to see how they would handle any growth without siphoning new investment to managers and unneeded staff.

PhantomDriver

Considering their abysmal marketing efforts, it would be minute gains into the market. I never got any work a year ago with them so Id be curious to see how they would handle any growth without siphoning new investment to managers and unneeded staff.
I spoke to 2 drivers that run uber and gocatch and they seemed quite happy with GC even though they still do the bulk with uber
Some people prefer the AUS brand and are getting tired of the negative uber crap

QLDUberDriver

I spoke to 2 drivers that run uber and gocatch and they seemed quite happy with GC even though they still do the bulk with uber
Some people prefer the AUS brand and are getting tired of the negative uber crap
GoCatch needs to seriously do a better effort to get noticed because they seem to be replicating Ubers efforts with word of mouth when they could quite easily spend a tiny amount they pay for overpaid execs they hired to get traction.

I was on GoCatch a year ago and got nothing so maybe these days its busier. Alot of people would support GoCatch now if they only where able to hear about the story. I dont hold my breath for any advancement for GoCatch considering the cash that has been burnt in the wrong areas in the early days.

Golfer

GoCatch needs to seriously do a better effort to get noticed because they seem to be replicating Ubers efforts with word of mouth when they could quite easily spend a tiny amount they pay for overpaid execs they hired to get traction.

I was on GoCatch a year ago and got nothing so maybe these days its busier. Alot of people would support GoCatch now if they only where able to hear about the story. I dont hold my breath for any advancement for GoCatch considering the cash that has been burnt in the wrong areas in the early days.
Yeh even uber is cutting down on expensive recruitment pax and drivers
They will have a"stall at the EKKA " probably in Side Show Alley with all the other hustlers
But I still think the guys with the shooting galleries are a class above them

Beepbeep41

GoCatch is crap! Puts rideshare 2nd to Taxi. I'll jump round drinking champagne when those halfwitts go out of business!!

Unless I'm driving a Taxi

QLDUberDriver

Yeh even uber is cutting down on expensive recruitment pax and drivers
They will have a"stall at the EKKA " probably in Side Show Alley with all the other hustlers
But I still think the guys with the shooting galleries are a class above them
Too late, Uber has now joined the sideshow entertainment. Uber covers one of the holes, now punters can fill the other hole.

UBER EKKA STALL.jpg

Funny enough, Uber is actually on the Ekka website lol.

EKKA Website.jpg