Uber drivers will get a flat fee for every new pick up on Pool rides

JimKE

A simpler and better idea would have been to simply pay the driver Pool mile/minute rates on all Pool fares, including added pax. Instead, they chose to pay an insulting 50 cents of what might well be a $10 fare paid by the rider.

This is a big step backwards in the "180 Days of Change," and it is accompanied by another step backwards by taking away the 6 DFs in four big markets.

Jc.

I've been pooling lately, some I pick up up some not and never pick up second pax, luber losses money on most of those runs

JimKE

Never pool.
That is really the ONLY answer. Uber is not offering these crumbs to help drivers. They are offering these crumbs because large numbers of Uber drivers are simply not accepting Pool requests.

As Uber said, Pool is a key to their vision of the future -- more revenue per trip. And if drivers don't accept Pool, they are going to offer the tiniest incentive they can to entice us to take those cheap pax.

This is not about drivers; it's about saving Pool and adding to Uber revenue.

rman954

How about an extra $3.33 (a minimum pool ride) for every additional pickup on top of the fare?

You couldn't pay me enough to drive around the kinds of trash that take Pool either way.

david joe

i always smile when a pool request comes in because Its just so delightful hitting that decline button. Seriously though I feel that 99% of the time the second passenger gives the entire fare to uber (or is it just me I wouldn't know as i never and will never do pool) if i drop them up first.... So WHAT IS THE FREAKING POINT.

Kodyhead

i always smile when a pool request comes in because Its just so delightful hitting that decline button. Seriously though I feel that 99% of the time the second passenger gives the entire fare to uber (or is it just me I wouldn't know as i never and will never do pool) if i drop them up first.... So WHAT IS THE FREAKING POINT.
Let the timer expire and let them wait a few extra seconds and pay it forward

joebo1963

if almost none of us are taking the pools, then who is? because you know these cheap bastards just keep hitting pool pool pool....

I'll admit I take some, but miraculously they cancel....and I got $1.50 15 times last week...lol...a few I got $3.75... when they didn't appear..

Gmbbody

I kept getting a pool request over and over after the hurricane hiatus when there were few drivers out. I finally accepted it and sent him a text saying that nobody was going to pick up his pool request and to request Uber X. I ended it with "don't forget to tip your driver". Then I canceled. Shortly after that I got a $30+ XL ride.

TAVO928

Not only the shit you are not gettting paid for extra pax and miles... but YOU ARE DOING AND TAKING THE JOB OF 2, 3, 4 or even more drivers. In a so saturated full of drivers market. Doing pool is dumb we been saying for years now.
Cant be so dumb people driving out there
But it is true. They are.

Desperation has no limits

When i say pool I also says Line
Same shit.