Uber drivers want the world to care about them, they screwed over regular taxi drivers!!

gaugie999

very funny about the drivers all stop 7-9am in solidarity. Let's be honest none of the drivers didn't think twice about putting taxi drivers out of business. Some might call this karma.

JimKE

very funny about the drivers all stop 7-9am in solidarity. Let's be honest none of the drivers didn't think twice about putting taxi drivers out of business. Some might call this karma.
Others might call it evolution. Kinda like cars replacing horse-drawn carriages. Or natural selection -- you know, survival of the fittest.

And still others might think that neither cabbies nor rideshare drivers are ever going to make a very good living.

str8ca$h

It’s absolutely karma, Uber drivers complain about the pay but weren’t concern about the jobs they were taking. And were operating illegally while taking business from taxis. Now Uber drivers wanna say the pay isn’t fair, please. You don’t like it get another job that simple.

HiDuuken

I wonder if taxi drivers are even aware of the complaints passengers have about them? In a free market it's either innovate or die. Just recently do we start to see taxi's advertise a mobile app and now it's way too late. Look at Toys R Us vs Amazon
Post automatically merged:

How about 8 track vs cassette tape vs CD's vs Streaming App.....You're the Cassette tape taxi cab :oopsies:

Just Chillin

Fortunately I am in the Luxury business and Uber only effected my business by 16 %, but I will have a smile on my face when uber raises there rates as their going to have to do to be profitable and the uber passengers switch back to Taxis that are lined up at the hotels

JimKE

I wonder if taxi drivers are even aware of the complaints passengers have about them?
I doubt it. My nephew insisted on hailing me a cab in New York after dinner one night recently. The cab had a cage like a police car, to keep the driver safe presumably.

I told the driver the passenger compartment smelled like the porta-potties at the MIA TNC lot, but he was from the Middle East and didn't understand a word I said.

Fortunately I am in the Luxury business and Uber only effected my business by 16 %, but I will have a smile on my face when uber raises there rates as their going to have to do to be profitable and the uber passengers switch back to Taxis that are lined up at the hotels
LOL. They already raised their rates about 75%. They just haven't given the drivers any of it.

But that's one thing the cabbies just don't get. It's not just about the fare.

Uber riders choose us because we are there in less than 5 minutes usually, our cars don't smell like a toilet, and our cars are usually relatively new and nice.

Pissmobile will be there in 45 minutes...maybe? Or nice, clean car there in < 5 minutes? Easy choice.

Last edited:

Idontgetit

There should be some kind of regulation on rideshare cars and drivers. I see cars that are a disgrace. Some drivers look homeless like they are living in their cars. Driving is a profession and we should all act and behave like professionals. More than one occasion i seen drivers at FLL lot smoking weed!! Like WTF. This doesn’t mean all drivers are bad, but there should be random drug testing and different car categories. Depending the size of your car.

Just Chillin

Strike what Strike I counted 18 vehicles pickup at 4 Seasons Disney Property yesterday. It amazes me that the people who are paying a minimum $800 a night for a room then go out and take a ride from Uber X with cars with big dents brake lights out and people driving them in ratty clothes who look like they haven't taken a shower in a week.

JimKE

Uber dumbasses using there own cars as people trash them, while on the Luxury side making a minimum $800 a week using someone elses vehicle and only dealing with upscale people.
Nice...

Just FYI, Uber drivers make up to $1,500 per week. It's even in Uber's commercials and driver solicitations.

Just Chillin

Nice...

Just FYI, Uber drivers make up to $1,500 per week. It's even in Uber's commercials and driver solicitations.
Now that's funny at 52 cents a mile in Orlando a driver would need to drive almost 3000 miles, that's a oil changed every week.

It's okay. If you like destroying your vehicle that's your right.

JimKE

Now that's funny at 52 cents a mile in Orlando a driver would need to drive almost 3000 miles
Please don't shortchange our brothers and sisters in Orlando. They get $0.53 cents per mile, PLUS 8 cents per minute I believe. Plus surge, plus long pickup fees, plus wait time, plus shuffle fees, plus they drive non-stop from ping to ping for however long they want to drive that day.

Plus the sex. Many of us drive only for the sex. An Uber logo on the window is a chick magnet.

And the badges...I could go on and on.

Life is good.

rideshareapphero

Taxi cabs ? were known for extorting and discrimating customers, did I hear you say karma? Their days were numbered wether it was uber or some other rideshare app company to come along, their shady business was coming to a halt, it was bound to happen.

Rex8976

In a free market it's either innovate or die.
There's that word again (or a version of it)...innovation.

What did they innovate?

Many taxi companies had apps pre-Fluber.

Most now have BETTER apps than Fluber.

Did the taxi industry need a swift kick in the pants? Yup.

These forums are chock full of the innovative ways Fluber has
screwed over drivers and passengers alike.

Fluber's flagrant disrespect of the law is innovative only by the
sheer amount of balls they have to ignore any and all.

I do give them credit for the innovative badges they hand out.

After all, it is all about badges, isn't it?

Oh, and the $1,500.00 per week!

In a free market it's either innovate or die.
So the nine gentlemen in NYC last year clearly could not innovate and
instead had to die?

I wonder if taxi drivers are even aware of the complaints passengers have about them?
Yes, in most cases they are. It's a quaint system, to be sure.

Customer complains.

Driver is called in.

Driver is told details of complaint
by a real live human being.

Driver tells their side.

Decisions are made by real people not hiding in a far off land.

Most companies are aware that customer complaints are sometimes,
hmmm, embellished.

@HiDuuken

What you know about the inner workings of local transportation
can fit in a thimble with room left over for the Chinese Army! (Thanks, Uncle Neil!)

Last edited:

str8ca$h

You Uber drivers should be the last ones complaining you guys asked for this now you got it. Now you guys want to protest and have the world feel sorry for you with your little pity party and say Uber is screwing you over but weren’t saying nothing when Uber was down here operating illegally down here.

You guys made your bed now deal with it or quit, nobody is making you drive for your pimp Uber. I been doing this job before Uber existed and I ain’t complaining, I’m making more money now then I was before so no time to cry out here. Man up or move on find another job stop your whining. That’s all I hear from you drivers bunch of grown men crying. Just pathetic smh