Uber Drivers Reveal Their Passengers Darkest Secrets

arto71

http://gizmodo.com/uber-drivers-reveal-their-passengers-darkest-secrets-1783128764

By westport76:

"Former Uber driver here. Picked a girl up a sweet girl from a bar on a Wednesday night - absolutely hammered, about 10pm. She got into my car, apologized for being so drunk and politely asked if we could just drive around a little while, with the windows down.

I was prepping for a cleaning fee, trying to drive and pull a vomit bag out of the glove box, but no, she just did that airplane thing with one hand out the backseat window. She asked me if I had ever thought about dying, to which I replied, yeah - I guess so.

That’s when she told me that she had cancer. It was in her brain and it was too far gone to consider chemo. I remember my heart just pounding. She told me she was dying and she was going to be okay. Tonight she was celebrating with her work friends who threw her a going-away party. She told them she was taking a position abroad.

“I just didn’t tell them that abroad was heaven.”

Jesus. @@@@ing. Christ. I turned off my app and cried my ass all the way home."

By YetiPie:

"I picked up this young overly affectionate couple that spent the entire trip making out in my backseat and telling each other that they loved each other. Cute.

So I drop off the couple and head on my way to pick up my text fare. I hear a cellphone ring in my backseat, realize it’s my previous ride’s, and pick up the phone to let them know I have it and I’ll come back to drop it off. Turns out it was the guys wife phoning to check in on him while he was on a business trip, which he was thoroughly enjoying with his mistress"

By clever_username7:

"One time I was driving a dude for a bit of a long trip. Was gonna take around 25-30 minutes. He wasn’t hammered, but definitely a bit drunk. It was late and he must’ve been feeling a bit down, so he confided in me and asked me for some advice.

He told me he’s madly in love with his fiancé’s best friend and he couldn’t back out now. He’d been with this girl 4 years, and engaged for 1, ready to be married in a few months.

It was pretty sad to hear, because it wasn’t just your average story. It was filled with a lot of subtle emotional and mental anguish. The guy went through about 5 years of ups and downs with his girl, and found an innocent friend and comfort in the best friend. After a few years, he developed feelings and it was just downhill from there.

Felt bad for the guy because he seemed like he was truly in love with his fiancé too, although he had strong feelings for this friend. He knew that going through with the marriage meant a lifetime of being around the friend and suppressing feelings, but also breaking it off meant that he lost the girl of his dreams. Seemed like a genuinely nice guy, and I hope he’s doing okay."

Master_Liu

I've had a few PAX's tell me things, like arguements with their boyfriends, etc. I listen and offer positive reinforcement feedback to them.

Had one PAX, mid -twenties get into the car and we're talking about our days. Suddenly she said, "Excuse me a second, I don't mean to be rude but I have to answer this email. Several minutes, I glanced back there to see if she was still on the phone, and she was staring forward holding the phone close to her chest. I asked her, "Everything okay?", a long paused, too long in my opinion. She than replied with emotion in her voice as if holding back tears, "No.". I offered her a tissue, which she took. And proceeded to them what happened with her boyffriend, I listened until the end, as I was still heading to her destination. As we got there, she finished and offered her advice. We continued to chat for a few minutes, and she felt better and said thank you to me. I later saw her positive comment on my Uber app and 5 star.

I don't judge anyone, if all someone needs is an ear, sometimes that's all the difference in the world to people.

ubermonkey

lol at least that guy knows his place if you cant afford to tip dont go out to eat
ive witnessed this tipping debate everywhere and the general consensus is you cant afford to leave a tip sit your cheap ass at home

usually "woment of the night" are the ones who tell me their life story
5 minute ride and i know everything about them :frown:

Just Another Uber Drive

Had a female pax who told me about her 27 stints in rehab, her current arrest warrants in 7 counties, and the fact that her boyfriend was a drug dealer who has a judge for a mother and a DA for a father and a brother who is an engineer for Tesla. I was driving her on her boyfriend's account. She made him tip me $10. He 1-starred me. And this was after I waited with her, off the clock, for 45 minutes while she waited for him to arrive home as she didn't have a key to his apartment. I didn't want to just leave her on the street at 4am.

I made sure to save the dashcam footage on this trip.

She also used my phone to make three calls to her BF during the trip and left makeup all over my backseat. It looked like a clown exploded back there.

Last edited: