• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Drivers, please leave your uber(Customer App) ON!

ArsenalGunner

I don't know if someone else already posted this but I was thinking...on a busy weekend(or a slow Tuesday) morning, we(Uber Drivers) should download and leave uber customer accounts on to generate some Surge. Does that make any sense? Is that how surges start anyway or am I not understanding this right? Suggestions?

driveflydrive

I don't know if someone else already posted this but I was thinking...on a busy weekend(or a slow Tuesday) morning, we(Uber Drivers) should download and leave uber customer accounts on to generate some Surge. Does that make any sense? Is that how surges start anyway or am I not understanding this right? Suggestions?
You would need to have everyone keep their app off at the same time to create a surge. The problem is that only a very small percentage of drivers are on this forum so it's almost impossible to do. It has been tried.

driver2016

Yes, shame there isn't an uber driver app not associated with Uber. Then we could all communicate. And for example switch off at the same time in protest to stupid policies implemented by Uber, like their suggested Uber pool and upcoming UberCommute which will allow any tom dick and harry to become a temporary Uber driver.. further worsening what appears to be a worsening situation for the drivers..

backstreets-trans

Here's a better idea. Raise the f@cking rates and we wouldn't have to worry about a stupid surge. One of the news channels ran a piece on the NYE surge. Several customers said they'll never uber again. Can you blame them. $40 to get there and $412 to get home.

Matt9696

It's not an accident that there is no forum directly connected to Uber. They know that if we could all communicate that we could organize a strike and put them in a strangle hold until they improved fares. I am not driving here in Denver until they fix it.

ArsenalGunner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not an accident that there is no forum directly connected to Uber. They know that if we could all communicate that we could organize a strike and put them in a strangle hold until they improved fares. I am not driving here in Denver until they fix it.
There has to be something that can be done! Anything!

Dar-K

Create an App?
Call it Uber-Chat?
Have it Go by Global/Nation/City
Expand, adjust, update as needed.
With 'how many' drivers, I'd imagine that it'd get a LOT of downloads

ArsenalGunner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Create an App?
Call it Uber-Chat?
Have it Go by Global/Nation/City
Expand, adjust, update as needed.
With 'how many' drivers, I'd imagine that it'd get a LOT of downloads
How I wish I had friends in India, or China or anyone that has the technical capabilities to create an App!