• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Drivers & Phone Mounts

Do you Drive using a phone mount for GPS?

• Total voters

Joel Young

I just had to share this great new phone/tablet mount that uses magnets to attach any device to it. Talk about perfect for Uber/Lyft drivers! The project is called MagMount and was just launched on IndieGogo. You can check it out by searching for MagMount on the Indiegogo crowfunding website.

Jvc21

There are a lot of similar products for about half of the cost at Amazon, Walmart, and B&H.

I get that it's a crowd fundraising product, but us drivers don't make enough to warrant something we can get for cheaper.

Nagodesi

How do you mount this beside gluing on tythe dash board? I just order the vent clip ones from Amazon.. :smiles:

The UberNator

I wonder if the magnetic part would interfere with the phone's internals since our phone has tons of tiny little metals inside.

elelegido

Man I gotta get ths!!
Looking left for traffic is only possible if the driver window is down; otherwise *smack* phone hits window. Apart from that, no issues.

Don't know about attracting the ladies - it has nuances of The Gimp from Pulp Fiction and the serial killer from Silence of the Lambs.

Fluber

Use a magnetic Scosche vent clip mount (under $20). Wouldn't go with a dash mount as the phone can overheat in the sunlight.

JimS

I just had to share this great new phone/tablet mount that uses magnets to attach any device to it. Talk about perfect for Uber/Lyft drivers! The project is called MagMount and was just launched on IndieGogo. You can check it out by searching for MagMount on the Indiegogo crowfunding website.
How is that different than iMagnet?

I use this - also doubles as a dashcam mount.

Nice Heads Up Display. But I wonder if pax will think they're getting recorded...

I use GripGo. It works pretty good. Sometimes too good (when the sticky is strong) and sometimes not so good (when it gets a little dusty).

Last edited: