• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber drivers not turning on 'Don't accept more request' when you ask them to... nicely

AveragePerson

Like i understand I chose a pool ride but sometimes it actually make more sense for the driver to turn on 'don't accept more request', if i'm taking a very long ride in which I will in 99.9% of cases be the first in but last out, so its just a waste of time (and gas for the driver) for all involved due to the pay structure.

If i explain to them that its very long ride and i will most likely be the last person out, you would think a rational driver would turn on not accepting more riders without even me asking. But if i ask and the driver refuse then that's a easy 1 star. I think that's justified since its a waste of everyone's time at that point.

Wh4tev3r!!!!

I would never turn on the "Don't accept more request" if a passenger asked me to. Just out of spite and I hope I get 10 additional rides during that trip. I am out to drive so why does it matter if I drive 2-3 miles out of the way to pick up more riders. doesn't bother me one bit, but I am sure it will bother the passenger who is trying to get x service at pool rates!!!!

Merc7186

Like i understand I chose a pool ride but sometimes it actually make more sense for the driver to turn on 'don't accept more request', if i'm taking a very long ride in which I will in 99.9% of cases be the first in but last out, so its just a waste of time (and gas for the driver) for all involved due to the pay structure.

If i explain to them that its very long ride and i will most likely be the last person out, you would think a rational driver would turn on not accepting more riders without even me asking. But if i ask and the driver refuse then that's a easy 1 star. I think that's justified since its a waste of everyone's time at that point.
Just so I understand this correctly...

You chose Pool then are going to One Star the driver because they potentially could accept more requests???

If you want to ride in a X, then choose X instead of being a cheap, milennial. Its not the drivers fault you choose to save a couple of bucks and he continues to pick up riders.

SuzeCB

The reason Pool is cheaper than X is to compensate for the inconvenience and extra time. Don't want to be inconvenienced? Choose X next time.

I bet you try to demand your driver take you to your door when you order a PoolExpress, too, don't you?

AveragePerson

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would never turn on the "Don't accept more request" if a passenger asked me to. Just out of spite and I hope I get 10 additional rides during that trip. I am out to drive so why does it matter if I drive 2-3 miles out of the way to pick up more riders. doesn't bother me one bit, but I am sure it will bother the passenger who is trying to get x service at pool rates!!!!
Nice, waste gas and low pay minutes to pick up other passengers that your not gonna get paid for and the only reward for you at the end is a 1 star and the satisfaction of your petty act. That's called picking up a boulder to smash ones own feet just so you can relieve the itch.

Just so I understand this correctly...

You chose Pool then are going to One Star the driver because they potentially could accept more requests???

If you want to ride in a X, then choose X instead of being a cheap, milennial. Its not the drivers fault you choose to save a couple of bucks and he continues to pick up riders.
I don't mind nor care if its a short or even a long ride but if its a very long ride where its clear i will be the last one out, its kinda pointless and a needless waste of everyone's time to accept more, rationally speaking.

You want a direct route with no stops request something other then pool.
I'm more than happy to share ride if it make sense, just in occasions where I happen to be the only 1 in the car and there is no real reason to accept more, it becomes needlessly frustrating for everyone.

Merc7186

Nice, waste gas and low pay minutes to pick up other passengers that your not gonna get paid for and the only reward for you at the end is a 1 star and the sanctification of a petty act being done. That's called picking up boulder to smash ones own feet just so you can relieve the itch.

I don't mind nor care if its a short or even a long ride but if its a very long ride where its clear i will be the last one out, its kinda pointless and a needless waste of everyone's time to accept more, rationally speaking.

I'm more than happy to share ride if it make sense, just in occasions where I happen to be the only 1 in the car and there is no real reason to accept more, it becomes needlessly frustrating for everyone.
A long trip means jack....all it means is that the driver can potentially make MORE MONEY picking up other cheap pax like you. Its only a waste of time for YOU. Driving off YOUR beaten path so that the driver can make more money is what a smart ant would do.....with that being said, a smart ant would not take turd pool rides. Clearly you have demonstrated that you know nothing about driving, so your argument is 100% wrong.

jazzapt

There is another active thread going that is discussing what makes one a paxhole. Asking a driver to "Stop New Request" on a Pool ride is a prime example of paxhole behavior. The point of pool is to pay a lower rate with the risk that you will need to share your ride with an unlimited number of other riders.

The "Stop New Requests" button is a resource for the driver to plan how they operate their chosen shift. It is not so cheap riders can get an X ride at Pool price. If you don't want other riders on your ride, that is what Uber X is for. With Pool, there is NO situation where the driver owes you your own ride.

If sharing a ride doesn't make sense to you, then don't select Pool. Plan and simple

Last edited:

AveragePerson

A long trip means jack....all it means is that the driver can potentially make MORE MONEY picking up other cheap pax like you. Its only a waste of time for YOU. Driving off YOUR beaten path so that the driver can make more money is what a smart ant would do.....with that being said, a smart ant would not take turd pool rides. Clearly you have demonstrated that you know nothing about driving, so your argument is 100% wrong.
In Canada, we have defined area of operations for Uber services, so if i'm coming from one edge to the other end, its virtually impossible to make more picking up additional passengers, since my ride covers the entire distance.

It's not even an argument I made, its just rational fact but not surprise emotionally charged drivers sees it as an argument.

My way = saves time for driver and myself, without wasting drivers gas and the stress of picking up new passengers in the middle of streets with messed up GPS.

emotionally charged drivers way = waste everyone's time and my gas just so i can intentionally provide bad service because i'm petty. I forgot my chill pill.

SuzeCB

Nice, waste gas and low pay minutes to pick up other passengers that your not gonna get paid for and the only reward for you at the end is a 1 star and the satisfaction of your petty act. That's called picking up a boulder to smash ones own feet just so you can relieve the itch.

There are any number of reasons the driver won't refuse new requests... promotions that pay bonuses, etc. The whole world doesn't revolve around you...

And, as for your 1*? They come off of pool rides if we ask Uber to do so. Additionally, if a rider downrates drivers too readily, Uber completely ignores any rating they give other than 5*.

And you thought you were so special, didn't you?

AveragePerson

And, as for your 1*? They come off of pool rides if we ask Uber to do so. Additionally, if a rider downrates drivers too readily, Uber completely ignores any rating they give other than 5*.

And you thought you were so special, didn't you?
Source of your two claims?

And no, i don't think i'm special, just a rational person.

Last edited by a moderator:

jazzapt

In Canada, we have defined area of operations for Uber services, so if i'm coming from one edge to the other end, its virtually impossible to make more picking up additional passengers, since my ride covers the entire distance.

It's not even an argument I made, its just rational fact but not surprise emotionally charged drivers sees it as an argument.

My way = saves time for driver and myself, without wasting drivers gas and the stress of picking up new passengers in the middle of streets with messed up GPS.

emotionally charged drivers way = waste everyone's time and my gas just so i can intentionally provide bad service because i'm petty. I forgot my chill pill.
None of what you say here matters. The concept of Pool is that you are getting a cheaper ride with the idea that you may be required to share the ride with others. A driver not turning on "Stop New Request" means he/she is providing the Pool service the way Uber indented. If the driver wants to lose money doing it, that is their prerogative.

YOU chose the service that matches you with other riders to save yourself money. YOU must be able to live with that choice. It is not the driver's responsibly to absolve you of the choice you made, whether they are losing money or not.

Last edited:

ratethis

You get what you pay for. Meanwhile the drivers know how they’re making money. They don’t concern themselves with stars. Pool ratings are easily removed, and like SuzeCB said once your flagged for down rating pool rides your ratings don’t count.

You do realize we get paid by the mile and the minute... straight to your destination, while saving your cheap butt money doesn’t put anything extra in our pockets, ya know I would swipe that accepting no more riders button if someone handed me a $10. But I’m sure if it’s a pool ride all they hand you is a line of sheet about saving you gas and time.

SuzeCB

Source of your two claims?

And no, i don't think i'm special, just a rational person.
I've had it done. Sat at the desk while the rep went through my ratings and I listened as he told me why this one and that one was coming off, and watched at my rating increased in real-time.

Uber wants pool because they make more money. They also know that, while pax will choose it to save money, they actually want to breach the contract of the ride and have it be an X. Uber does this for the drivers so that they don't lose the job because they did what Uber wants them to and didn't allow the pax to scam.

And that's exactly what it is when the pax asks for/demands it. A scam.

If you asked me, I'd end the trip immediately and report. Why? Because just as you're so willing to scam Uber, you're willing to scam (downrating) the driver for simply following the policy and holding you to your agreement.

A scammer is a scammer.

Tnasty

I tried pool a few times and always ran into the same clowns going on 1/2 mile rides. Traits I found were; they were rude,not where they were supposed to be,never tip,bringing excessive luggage, requested a pool at a grocery store with a wagon full of groceries to go 1/2 mile down the road and expecting me to stop on a corner or other obnoxious places.