Uber Drivers not complying with Security

OrlSecOfficer

I do security for a small community in the Orlando area. I have been doing security for over five years. I have found that many of the daily issues I have come from Uber drivers. I have Uber drivers that refuse to comply with simple requests such as showing ID, stopping the vehicle and using the correct lane. I have had uber drivers enter the community through the exit causing safety issues. I have had to trespass a few already with help from LEO.

I never have these issues with Mears drivers.

Anyways I would just like to ask any Uber driver reading this to please comply with any Security Officer/Law Enforcement.

On a personal note: A lot of you drivers have attitude problems. Being nice and respectful goes along way when dealing with Security/Law Enforcement. It really does.

For the most part I have a negative view of Uber and I have never used the service personally. I have dealt with a lot of bad taxi drivers but never as bad as some Uber Drivers.

Realityshark

Uber has slashed the rates so low, and have treated their drivers so poorly over the past couple years that most of the decent, respectful drivers have quit or seldom drive.

You have witnessed the new face of Uber.

With each new Craigslist ad claiming drivers can make a fortune, you'll see more of the same.

People like this, don't respect themselves, let alone other individuals.

I'd call Uber, or maybe try to get some local press to shed light on your situation.

Yuri Lygotme

As a Mears driver, I see every day gipsy cabs using our taxi stands. But as soon as a Mears taxi pulls into the stand, the gipsy leaves. And then there is the Uber driver who defiantly would not move! I told Mears to write a stern letter to Uber to ask them to remind their drivers to not use taxi stands.

OrlandoVW

OrlSecOfficer why did you choose to post your comment here?
Are Uber drivers the only drivers that refuse to comply with simple requests such as showing ID, stopping the vehicle and using the correct lane, and also entering the community through the exit or are they doing what they see other drivers doing ?

Do you have to trepass nonUber drivers?

Mears drivers won't do that because they may have their lease privileges taken away from them. They also drive vehicles they are easily identified.

BTW a security officer is not law enforcement. You don't have the power to issue citations or arrest anyone.

Realityshark

Posting this type of gripe here is a waste of time. How many Orlando drivers are on this forum? Of those, how many will stumble across your post? Of those, how many are guilty of what your are describing. I'd say there is a really good chance that you have reached none of your targets. If your post was just to vent frustration, then mission accomplished. otherwise, it seems like a waste of time to me.

Demon

OrlSecOfficer why did you choose to post your comment here?
Are Uber drivers the only drivers that refuse to comply with simple requests such as showing ID, stopping the vehicle and using the correct lane, and also entering the community through the exit or are they doing what they see other drivers doing ?

Do you have to trepass nonUber drivers?

Mears drivers won't do that because they may have their lease privileges taken away from them. They also drive vehicles they are easily identified.

BTW a security officer is not law enforcement. You don't have the power to issue citations or arrest anyone.
He never claimed security officers were law enforcement or that they had the power to arrest or cite anyone.

He's only asking that Uber drivers follow procedures for gaining access to private property and be polite.

Tx rides

Someone comes here and posts a fairly respectful observation and plea to Orlando drivers to respect the security measures , and people trash him? SMH. He has a job to do, and residents expect him to do it thoroughly.

Personally, if I were in Uber driver in Orland, my response would be something like: "Sir, It is unfortunate that your experiences have been so negative. I assure you that I am not one of those drivers. And I will pass the word when I have the opportunity"

Is professional courtesy dead now? :-(

Viera Uber

...Anyways I would just like to ask any Uber driver reading this to please comply with any Security Officer/Law Enforcement.
I would gladly comply with a LEO. A Security Guard, however? Out of respect for his minimum wage position and the other bullshit he/she has to put up with, I would be friendly and give him/her the information needed to adequately do their menial job. Following "orders" from one or "comply?" - get off your high horse.

observer

I would gladly comply with a LEO. A Security Guard, however? Out of respect for his minimum wage position and the other bullshit he/she has to put up with, I would be friendly and give him/her the information needed to adequately do their menial job. Following "orders" from one or "comply?" - get off your high horse.
Hop off your high horse, you're driving for Uber, he's at least making minimum wage, if not more.

Tx rides

If his job is to secure an entrance, and the property owners have entrance rules, then...yes...COMPLIANCE is precisely what he should be asking for. The minute he lets a burglar, assailant, etc through the gates who was NOT an invited guest, guess who is blamed?

I don't understand what is wrong with some people on this forum. The unnecessary nastiness...name calling...insults. What a waste.

Miguel T.

This guy is so full of it. Cop wanna-be. You can't trespass somebody from a whole community. A community is owned by individual private parcels. It has to be on one physical address. Owner of property has to request LEO to issue tresspass on their property, not security. Who the hell requests you to trespass a Uber driver? I'm sure it wasn't the owner, if they requested the Uber to come to their property themselves. Any trespass issued the way you claim, is illegal, and it can be beat in any court. LEO doesn't make the decision of trespassing, owner of property does. LEO is only there to issue trespass at the request of the owner, not a cop wanna-be.

Last edited:

Miguel T.

When cop wanna-be's ask for ID in a community gate, is just BS, and everyone knows it. And the only reason Mears drivers comply, is because they know that you're a snitch who is going to call Mears and report their cab number for not complying to your stupid demands. Look, is not like people go and drive around communities just for the thrill of it. I bet 9/10 cars that come up to your gate, have a legit place they are going, and you already know where they going because the owner called you and told you about it.