Uber drivers new criminal record check in UK

Cabby

Will u? I'm good.
I passed FBI and police. Every cab driver in SF have to. Uber is using private company to check the background. Uber is fighting a real background check with fingerprining because they would lose sertain amount of desperate people who drives for them. Your background check is not legit until you get fingerprinted. If understand the point of the article., read again.

Strange Fruit

I passed FBI and police. Every cab driver in SF have to. Uber is using private company to check the background. Uber is fighting a real background check with fingerprining because they would lose sertain amount of desperate people who drives for them. Your background check is not legit until you get fingerprinted. If understand the point of the article., read again.
I already drove for over 3 years, so it would be ridiculous to check my background since my present behavior is obviously not criminal. I won't suddenly become dangerous because of a new background check done by Uber. Background checks are partly mindless prejudice on behalf of the frightened puppet people of modernity. Lyft won't have me tho. They didn't use fingerprints. So yr logic is wrong. Typical middle classer mentality. And I bet the person people burning the fancy new buildings down in East Bay are pretty fun & safe to ride with. But one day they won't pass a back ground check.

Misunderstood Pirate

Cabby I confess
ive passed mine as well. Same as u. Livescan.

I already drove for over 3 years, so it would be ridiculous to check my background since my present behavior is obviously not criminal. I won't suddenly become dangerous because of a new background check done by Uber. Background checks are partly mindless prejudice on behalf of the frightened puppet people of modernity. Lyft won't have me tho. They didn't use fingerprints. So yr logic is wrong. Typical middle classer mentality. And I bet the person people burning the fancy new buildings down in East Bay are pretty fun & safe to ride with. But one day they won't pass a back ground check.
Do teachers get background checks? Some are having inappropriate relationships with students.

BiggerDog

USDOJ Background checks and FBI LiveScan Fingerprints are to be voted on shortly.

The commissioner has already indicated that this will likely be law in 2018.

94.26% of the public in the City of San Francisco wants this.

The vast majority of TNC drivers cannot pass as they have a criminal background.

It is irrelevant.

There are plenty of drivers who can or who have already passed. They will action be vested in the game.

Supply and Demand will be in balance again.

The passage of this, is supported by SF, the Los Angeles Mayor, SFO and SFMTA.

The City of San Francisco is also working on drivers being within proximity of where they actually work.

Rates will rise, just like they did in China.

Good for those involved including the TNCs.

Uber On.

Misunderstood Pirate

USDOJ Background checks and FBI LiveScan Fingerprints are to be voted on shortly.

The commissioner has already indicated that this will likely be law in 2018.

94.26% of the public in the City of San Francisco wants this.

The vast majority of TNC drivers cannot pass as they have a criminal background.

It is irrelevant.

There are plenty of drivers who can or who have already passed. They will action be vested in the game.

Supply and Demand will be in balance again.

The passage of this, is supported by SF, the Los Angeles Mayor, SFO and SFMTA.

The City of San Francisco is also working on drivers being within proximity of where they actually work.

Rates will rise, just like they did in China.

Good for those involved including the TNCs.

Uber On.
False info. It's illegal to require ppl to live in or near SF. There would have no bus drivers, cops, firefighters or teachers in the city. Dude your full of it.

Cabby

Cabby I confess

ive passed mine as well. Same as u. Livescan.

Do teachers get background checks? Some are having inappropriate relationships with students.
Following your logic every hustler should be allowed to pick including sex offenders and other perverts. Would you put your daughter or mom in the car to this hustler?

Cabby

So, you can google. You found one case now google this
http://www.whosdrivingyou.org/ There is now way you can argue that it is better to have unverified drivers driving the public. Once in awhile even cops get caught assaulting somebody. There are always bad apples exist,but if people were not checked all of the assaults would happened much more often.

Mole

All uber drivers should be vetted by state and local government agency's not by a 3rd party.

So, you can google. You found one case now google this
http://www.whosdrivingyou.org/ There is now way you can argue that it is better to have unverified drivers driving the public. Once in awhile even cops get caught assaulting somebody. There are always bad apples exist,but if people were not checked all of the assaults would happened much more often.

Maybe the death of the 8 year old girl in SF was because he was chasing a fake surge.

Cabby

All uber drivers should be vetted by state and local government agency's not by a 3rd party.

Maybe the death of the 8 year old girl in SF was because he was chasing a fake surge.
I agree. That was my point. If you are clean, there is nothing to worry about. I red about accident with 8 years girl when uber denied responsibility, drug it for awhile and then settled out of court.

Strange Fruit

I agree. That was my point. If you are clean, there is nothing to worry about. I red about accident with 8 years girl when uber denied responsibility, drug it for awhile and then settled out of court.
I think they should get rid of those with poor writing skills. @@@@ u. I have a record from he past, yet I treat people better than some of the cretins here who probably have clean records. Crime is all over the place, but if all these people with records are Ubering, and people with records are dangerous, why are there so many millions of rides given with no incidents? And before Uber, some taxi drivers perpetrated some incidents (but a tiny, miniscule proportion of the whole). It reminds me of all the muslim fear, when most terrorism here is by white loners.

If someome wanted to rob people, they wouldn't sign up for Uber with their identity fully disclosed and pocket tracking device given access to, making it very difficult to get away with the crime. Background checks are just more arbitrary police statism, and something for authorities to say "look, we're doing our job protecting u".

Cabby

I think they should get rid of those with poor writing skills. &%[email protected]!* u. I have a record from he past, yet I treat people better than some of the cretins here who probably have clean records. Crime is all over the place, but if all these people with records are Ubering, and people with records are dangerous, why are there so many millions of rides given with no incidents? And before Uber, some taxi drivers perpetrated some incidents (but a tiny, miniscule proportion of the whole). It reminds me of all the muslim fear, when most terrorism here is by white loners.

If someome wanted to rob people, they wouldn't sign up for Uber with their identity fully disclosed and pocket tracking device given access to, making it very difficult to get away with the crime. Background checks are just more arbitrary police statism, and something for authorities to say "look, we're doing our job protecting u".
You are loosing it. Truth is hard to handle. Since there is no valuable argument from your side, you are cursing and telling that I do not use proper grammar. I do not ptetend to be an English teacher. I like to give a glimpse of reality which uber doesn't give to you. Also, I like expressing my point of you and you always understand everything I write . That is enough for me.
http://www.whosdrivingyou.org/

BiggerDog

After Didi Chuxing settled with Uber and with the government implementing full background checks, full commercial insurance and making sure the drivers lived where they worked, Didi was able to double rates.

They just copied our commercial system.

One comprehensive system on a state and national basis would greatly favor Uber as it does have infrastructure.

Lyft cannot execute to save its life nor do its staff have clue.

Uber on.