• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber drivers make about as much money as minimum wage workers

pcpackrat

But its a minimum wage job that has no schedule or direct report to boss. Both huge pluses that take away from the sting of a low wage job. And there are people that get their hustle on and make decent money on Uber. The American dream is to work hard and make money, not get something for nothing or very little. That's what makes Uber/Lyft/Gig Economy good for a lot of people.

The harder I work the luckier I get , but all things in moderation . It’s there if you want it you just gotta figure out the heart beat of the city .

satxsatx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
But its a minimum wage job that has no schedule or direct report to boss. Both huge pluses that take away from the sting of a low wage job. And there are people that get their hustle on and make decent money on Uber. The American dream is to work hard and make money, not get something for nothing or very little. That's what makes Uber/Lyft/Gig Economy good for a lot of people.
I bet the avg U/L driver in San Antonio is, net after expenses, well under $10 hour.

satxsatx

Austin Uber drivers say they get $0.70 / mile

Is SA .70 or .60?

LA drivers reduced to .60 are going on strike Monday

satxsatx

But its a minimum wage job that has no schedule or direct report to boss. Both huge pluses that take away from the sting of a low wage job. And there are people that get their hustle on and make decent money on Uber.
yes, self-managed and freedom are attractive, but I bet for many who really need the income, a "bossless freedom" poverty wage of $0.60 / mile isn't helping them, even if they consider their GROSS income is "free" of costs.

To GROSS $20K driving, you have to drive about 30,000 miles, about 2 years of the avg auto run of 15K miles/year.

I hear that Lyft drivers in PHX refused to accept no-surge rides at a huge concert until Lyft finally turned on surge rates.