• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Kawaski

Everyday, it is becoming more and more evident that I am Uber's flunky. Uber shows their drivers 0 appreciation. Even over the holidays, they could not find it in themselves to increase their rates to resemble somewhat of a holiday bonus for their drivers or add a tip option to their app. Last check, although Uber is worth approximately 62.5 BILLION, they continue to decrease our pay! Uber is the Wal-mart of drive sharing! No Drivers = No Riders = No Money for Uber! I understand the situations of some. Try working a little extra, then normal, the week or two before the big week. Let's pick a week and just do it.

UberHoax

Everyday, it is becoming more and more evident that I am Uber's flunky. Uber shows their drivers 0 appreciation. Even over the holidays, they could not find it in themselves to increase their rates to resemble somewhat of a holiday bonus for their drivers or add a tip option to their app. Last check, although Uber is worth approximately 62.5 BILLION, they continue to decrease our pay! Uber is the Wal-mart of drive sharing! No Drivers = No Riders = No Money for Uber! I understand the situations of some. Try working a little extra, then normal, the week or two before the big week. Let's pick a week and just do it.
In a different post you told me I should consider finding a different job. Maybe it is you that should find a different job. This idea will not work; you're an idiot.

Kawaski

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In a different post you told me I should consider finding a different job. Maybe it is you that should find a different job. This idea will not work; you're an idiot.
You should seek help for your hostility. My original comment, should not have caused this type of reaction. Like most of us, I have a problem with Uber's pay. You on the other hand, have many issues with the riders. There is a difference. You really can't do anything to change the rider.

UberHoax

You should seek help for your hostility. My original comment, should not have caused this type of reaction. Like most of us, I have a problem with Uber's pay. You on the other hand, have many issues with the riders. There is a difference. You really can't do anything to change the rider.
You're telling me to find another job. I think my reaction is justified. What difference is it if you complain about Uber corp or the passenger; either way you're complaining. It is evident from your posts you really are illogical on various levels.

Last edited:

Kawaski

You're telling me to find another job. I think my reaction is justified. What difference is it if you complain about Uber corp or the passenger; either way you're complaining. It is evident from your posts you really are illogical on various levels.
My attention was not to hurt your feelings. Please, accept my apology. You can complain about anything you would like. I just choose to complain about things that are changeable. Change has always been brought about by people uniting.

UofMDriver

Your idea will not work, but have to agree Uber should show more appreaciation towards drivers. Lyft has a new billionaire investor so maybe things will pick up there. They treat the drivers better.

DanteAtl

At least Walmart limits the amount of people they hire lol....

Tony DePalma

Its Econ 101 you decide what you wanna do

UberEddie2015

At UberX .75 and UberFool at .68 you can not make money and if you do it is below min wage. You are cashing out the value of your car. Uber drivers will never unite because they are desperate people that see a couple of hundred in their account and have no idea how much it cost them to get it. My friend took an UberX and the woman driver could not speak english and went down 3 one way streets. He told her let me out before he got to his destination and hailed a Lyft driver. He called Uber and they refunded ride and gave him credits but he will never use them again. This is what you get for those rates.

As far as Econ 101 - How many UberX drivers do you think went to college???

Tony DePalma

Keep this in mind too as what you present to vilify all of Uber. Your friend can choose not to ride but many don't choose the same.

1. Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes. Where only one or a few anecdotes are presented, there is a larger chance that they may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases.

GLight

Back to original topic.......Kawasaki we are trying to in Atlanta....check Atlanta Uber drivers unite as a group Facebook search

We have a couple things in the works

Netwerked

You just have to keep in mind that Uber is a business and it will operate like one. In other words, they are looking out for their own bottom line. In order for their business to succeed, they require drivers to partner with them. Atlanta is not their only market, and I'm sure they have a good idea of how low they can set their rates and still have enough willing drivers (and riders) to maximize revenue.

Since the recent rate cut, I have seen several people post that they will no longer drive for Uber. Even so, it looks like there were more drivers this past NYE than the year before. How do I know that? I read that the surge this year was less than last year. Perhaps a year ago, someone would earn $600 on NYE, while this year it was maybe $200.

Organizing a group to temporarily not drive for Uber is a good idea in theory, but 97% of everyone is likely going to do what is best for their own situation. If enough people don't drive, then a surge will appear, and more drivers will magically be on the road earning more money.

If you are in a position to not drive for a week or two in protest, then you are in a fortunate situation. I'm sure there are some drivers who are using Uber to earn some emergency cash.

UberBlackPr1nce

Surge was way bigger this year than last.
You would know that being from dallas? This is an atlanta thread not Dallas. That's why people are confused about uber because diffrent markets have different rates.. Please direct your comments to the city of Dallas.

Ric007

It is a sad reality. It is just the world that is being programmed and controlled by the 1% that have the rest of us funding them with our tax dollars and giving them more power for us to suffer more. We are the ones investing in their business but gets no returns, beyond the superficial of everything we are modern day slaves. It is just sad that we give them all this power to use us as an ends to their means. If they are doing such unethical thing to the drivers ,they should at least roll back that 25% that they take to 15%. Greedy corporations will eventually choke on their greed.

Realityshark

Why put your future in the hands of other Uber drivers? Log off, take one ride per month to stay in the system in the remote chance Uber ever decides to treat you with respect. Use the time you used to drive for Uber to find something better. It's pretty easy, considering what Uber pays. You'll be better off in no time.

If every driver did this, Uber would be paying drivers a decent fare. I quit being abused by Uber 7 months ago and couldn't be happier.

Uber has shown they don't respond to strikes. It does help with more bad press, I suppose. But with all the bad press and previous strikes, Uber keeps dropping the rates lower and lower.

Don't fool yourself, each time you log on, you continue to insure you'll never see a decent rate.

Last edited:

Kawaski

Back to original topic.......Kawasaki we are trying to in Atlanta....check Atlanta Uber drivers unite as a group Facebook search

We have a couple things in the works
I located the group on Facebook, but it's a closed group. I would like to join the group. How can I do that?