Uber drivers Let’s organize protest in Los Angeles

yaz92

Hi Uber drivers,
Are you going to stay silent when you are gonna lose your job in the middle of the pandemic.
Lorena Gonzalez the assembly’s woman earn about 200000 a year, she doesn’t give a shit about Uber drivers, she just wants labor union support.
I was earning 20/h as a revenue and 1000 clean a week and I go to school so that was perfect for me.
Let’s organize protest in Los Angeles.

Fusion_LUser

Well starting tomorrow a lot of ants will have a bunch of free time on their hands so why not? Anyone got something better to do????

Last edited:

yaz92

I
Instead of complaining to state reps... go whine to uber and lyft who let it get here. They could do so much before it got this far...🤷🏽‍♂️ I feel for the drivers but, you should only be mad the companies.
I never asked to be an employee. I was making good money. And if someone want to earn more. Open a business, get a degree. For a job that doesn’t require skills or degree. I was making 1000 clean a week.

I will crack Lyft hacks

Hi Uber drivers,
Are you going to stay silent when you are gonna lose your job in the middle of the pandemic.
Lorena Gonzalez the assembly’s woman earn about 200000 a year, she doesn’t give a shit about Uber drivers, she just wants labor union support.
I was earning 20/h as a revenue and 1000 clean a week and I go to school so that was perfect for me.
Sure, what are we protesting?

Who is this Lady you want to protest against?

What does she have to do with Uber/Lyft loosing court cases around the world?

What does she have to do with judges that decide over matters such as the Dinamax decision about contractor test and status, case Law 2018?

Is she involved with the ABC contractor test from early 2,000’, from Massachusetts that California adopted?

Who is this person, what does she have to due with Uber and it’s loosing court battles all over in every country?

You want me to protest against drivers winning settlements in court? You want me to protest when a judge rules against Uber and collects money from drivers?

Please clarify you’re position and intention and your knowledge on Case Law.

yaz92

D
Sure, what are we protesting?

Who is this Lady you want to protest against?

What does she have to do with Uber/Lyft loosing court cases around the world?

What does she have to do with judges that decide over matters such as the Dinamax decision about contractor test and status, case Law 2018?

Is she involved with the ABC contractor test from early 2,000’, from Massachusetts that California adopted?

Who is this person, what does she have to due with Uber and it’s loosing court battles all over in every country?

You want me to protest against drivers winning settlements in court? You want me to protest when a judge rules against Uber and collects money from drivers?

Please clarify you’re position and intention and your knowledge on Case Law.
I didn’t ask to be an employee, you cannot force me to be an employee if I want to be an independent contractor, the day I see 100000 uber drivers protesting, then yes. But this @@@@ makes 200000 a year and want labor union support, she doesn’t give a shit about Uber drivers. Now 100000 are going to be out of work in the middle of the pandemic. And unemployment is skyrocketing. Who is going to pay my bills? You

Fusion_LUser

Johnny Mnemonic

Hi Uber drivers,
Too late, Homie.

But hey, it's a free country. If you want to take your little cardboard sign out on the street and get your picture on the evening news, knock yourself out.

Of course, if it were me, I'd be updating my resume and filling out some job apps. If you can drive a car, you can drive a forklift.

its-no-use-locking-the-stable-door-after-the-horse-has-bolted.jpg

I will crack Lyft hacks

D

I didn’t ask to be an employee, you cannot force me to be an employee if I want to be an independent contractor, the day I see 100000 uber drivers protesting, then yes. But this @@@@ makes 200000 a year and want labor union support, she doesn’t give a shit about Uber drivers. Now 100000 are going to be out of work in the middle of the pandemic. And unemployment is skyrocketing. Who is going to pay my bills? You
Your totally ignoring my questions or the related context.

Lets try again!

I also don’t ask to be a employee.

It doesn’t matter what I ask for. If I don’t pass the definition of contractor, then that’s That.

Do you know what Case Law is?

Do you understand that a contractor has to pass some form of test to be considered a contractor? Otherwise he is not a true contractor and is considered misclassified.

Some states use what is called the ABC test, some use a 10 point test. Some have a very relaxed test that is much easier.

In California, the Supreme Court in 2018 decided through case law that in California a test called ABC will be used, before that a test called the Barello test( Similar to 10 point test) was used.

In this court case it set the standard on how the court system will define a workers status.

I don’t like the ABC test that came out of Case Law. The test before that was called Barello, I don’t like that either.

But that is the Law, decided by judges.

I am down to protest at the judges house if you want. We can show our disapproval and I’ll come protest with you at the judges house.

But that doesn’t change the fact it’s Law of the land. We still have to accept a law. But we can protest and say I don’t like it.

Massachusetts, New Jersey, California use the ABC test in the court system to define worker status.

Other major international cities use a mixture of the 10 point test and their additions to it.

For example, in many European countries, Uber drivers are not considered independent contractors.

In court cases Uber looses and is charged penalties for misclassification.

Ill come with you to the next Uber court case and me and you, with Ubers lawyers can try to fight to win the case and protest and appeal if Uber losses.

At the end, a judge in court will decide, and if we don’t like it we can appeal, if we loose the appeal, then that’s life. We have to accept it. If the Laws of a State are not to me and your liking or best interest we can “ leave if we don’t like it”

You don’t like the Laws in America? “Get the Fuc Out.“

You don’t like the laws in California, “Get the Fuc Out.”

By the way, California Governor signed the bill into Law, And California judges made case law, not this Lady you keep trolling.

Still I would actually come with you to protest at the California Supreme Judges house if you want. He is the one that set the case Law. 2018 Dinamax.

He could care less who this Lady is your talking about!

Don'tchasethesurge

I

I never asked to be an employee. I was making good money. And if someone want to earn more. Open a business, get a degree. For a job that doesn’t require skills or degree. I was making 1000 clean a week.

yea yea but no one ask lyft and uber to treat ppl like employees and not pay for it...they create cuts whenever they want...sorry I get your point, no one to blame but the companies.... sorry good luck protesting.

I will crack Lyft hacks

You are cheerleader for AB5 and you don't even know who the sponsor was that introduced AB5?

You and I both live here in California, I believe.

You should know how a Bill becomes Law.

( Passed through voting and signed off by the Governor)

No one person can make a bill Law without the process already set in place.

Now if we don’t like the way our representatives vote we should hold them responsible. That is our right. We can use our voting power.

Elected representatives voted and the Governor made it Law.

I don’t want my ideas forced on others, nor others idea forced on me. But once a Law is a Law, as a Citizen I have to accept and respect it.

California has a lot of whack Laws, can I go around braking them if they seem really unreasonable?

My back pay settlement will be over 50k. So I’m supporting my self interest in collecting that and would love to see you collect in court as well.

Drivers and passengers will find a way to connect in a way that a 3rd party doesn’t take a 30% cut and set rates.

F being a employee, I support the demise of the Uber/Lyft unregulated monopoly of private rides. Better models will arise from the ashes.

mbd

Lorena Gonzales did tell Elon Musk to fu•• off.
In my humble opinion, Lorena has no shot to land a rocket since she did not major in rocket landing.:smiles: Elon is a intellectual scammer who creates 1000’s of jobs.

yaz92

Your totally ignoring my questions or the related context.

Lets try again!

I also don’t ask to be a employee.

It doesn’t matter what I ask for. If I don’t pass the definition of contractor, then that’s That.

Do you know what Case Law is?

Do you understand that a contractor has to pass some form of test to be considered a contractor? Otherwise he is not a true contractor and is considered misclassified.

Some states use what is called the ABC test, some use a 10 point test. Some have a very relaxed test that is much easier.

In California, the Supreme Court in 2018 decided through case law that in California a test called ABC will be used, before that a test called the Barello test( Similar to 10 point test) was used.

In this court case it set the standard on how the court system will define a workers status.

I don’t like the ABC test that came out of Case Law. The test before that was called Barello, I don’t like that either.

But that is the Law, decided by judges.

I am down to protest at the judges house if you want. We can show our disapproval and I’ll come protest with you at the judges house.

But that doesn’t change the fact it’s Law of the land. We still have to accept a law. But we can protest and say I don’t like it.

Massachusetts, New Jersey, California use the ABC test in the court system to define worker status.

Other major international cities use a mixture of the 10 point test and their additions to it.

For example, in many European countries, Uber drivers are not considered independent contractors.

In court cases Uber looses and is charged penalties for misclassification.

Ill come with you to the next Uber court case and me and you, with Ubers lawyers can try to fight to win the case and protest and appeal if Uber losses.

At the end, a judge in court will decide, and if we don’t like it we can appeal, if we loose the appeal, then that’s life. We have to accept it. If the Laws of a State are not to me and your liking or best interest we can “ leave if we don’t like it”

You don’t like the Laws in America? “Get the Fuc Out.“

You don’t like the laws in California, “Get the Fuc Out.”

By the way, California Governor signed the bill into Law, And California judges made case law, not this Lady you keep trolling.

Still I would actually come with you to protest at the California Supreme Judges house if you want. He is the one that set the case Law. 2018 Dinamax.

He could care less who this Lady is your talking about!
Let me tell you something, it’s not about law it’s about money and elections. And judge here also do politics they are biased. Judge interpret the law like they want to. Am political science major. And two judges will interpret the law like they want to. Why the senate couldn’t let Obama in 2016 apoint a Us Supreme Court judge to replace judge Scalia who was dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilroy4303

So let me get this straight. . .. . .. .. . CA Uber drivers protested to be employees, and now that they are employees you are protesting to not be employees. . .. . .. . .
1597879437551.png

too late now. . .. .. . you got what you wanted. . .

I will crack Lyft hacks

Lorena Gonzales did tell Elon Musk to fu•• off.
In my humble opinion, Lorena has no shot to land a rocket since she did not major in rocket landing.:smiles: Elon is a intellectual scammer who creates 1000’s of jobs.
“Tesla's total subsidy value according to the data is$2,441,582,590 ($2.44 billion), across 109 “awards” — 82 federal grants and tax credits as well as 27 state and local awards.Aug 3, 2020“

2.4 billion from the people and how many shares do we get?
Kinda sounds like a scam. His empire is built on peoples tax money and he gives how many shares to the people that fund him?

Reactions: mbd

mbd

“Tesla's total subsidy value according to the data is$2,441,582,590 ($2.44 billion), across 109 “awards” — 82 federal grants and tax credits as well as 27 state and local awards.Aug 3, 2020“

2.4 billion from the people and how many shares do we get?
Kinda sounds like a scam. His empire is built on peoples tax money and he gives how many shares to the people that fund him?
At least he creates jobs.😀 Its not all show and no go:thumbup:

Fusion_LUser

You and I both live here in California, I believe.

You should know how a Bill becomes Law.

( Passed through voting and signed off by the Governor)

OK lay off the trying to look smart thing when you have no clue what you are talking about.

At no point has anyone here talked about how something becomes law. You had no clue who Lorena Gonzales was and went on a long winded post asking who she was. I told you who she was and I do not need some Jr. High interpretation of how a law comes to fruition.

Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez and Anthony Rendon are the primary sponsors of AB5.

Johnny Mnemonic

Let me tell you something, it’s not about law it’s about money and elections. And judge here also do politics they are biased. Judge interpret the law like they want to. Am political science major. And two judges will interpret the law like they want to. Why the senate couldn’t let Obama in 2016 apoint a Us Supreme Court judge to replace judge Scalia who was dead.
Might want to chill with the insults, Bro. I get that your angry, but it's not going to end the way you want.