Uber drivers everywhere

Jring

Hello,

I just downloaded the Uber passenger app even though I am a Uber driver.

The passenger app shows you where all the local Uber cars are. I was in Central Sq Cambridge about 10:30 Monday morning. The passenger app showed 8 Uberx drivers nearby. I went offline and decided to try Uber Later.

Have other drivers noticed a lot of other Uber drivers within a couple of blocks or miles? What did you do when you saw overcrowding in one spot? I understand the ping goes to closest driver.

Just looking for feedback on overcrowded locations.

Thanks.

5 Star Guy

The flip side would be heading to the surge locations and have it disappear on you. I have been positioned between surge locations so I was likely to get a pax. I log on and off so I don't get a ping when I'm not at the area I want.

Uberchile

I've found if I go with the flow of Pings and only move a few blocks to get to a more desirable position in order to continue to be busy. On a low day like last night I averaged $25/hr. But on the weekend I was around $32/hr. Once I found it was best just to keep myself busy versus chasing the surge.

Uberchile

IMO, that's very good.
Granted I come out of the Norhern Suburbs after 6pm stationing myself in my living room waiting for the first call. My rational for this is that at this time there are going to be a few people heading into the city which means I don't have those dead miles.

I've found if I go with the flow of Pings and only move a few blocks to get to a more desirable position in order to continue to be busy. On a low day like last night I averaged $25/hr. But on the weekend I was around $32/hr. Once I found it was best just to keep myself busy versus chasing the surge.
You mean gross before Uber's cut and your expenses, it's not after.

Uberchile

You mean gross before Uber's cut and your expenses, it's not after.

No I mean after Ubers cut and what is deposited into my bank account. I'll take care of my deduction via taxes. My typical consumption of gas is between 14-17 bucks per 8 hour shift.

I always pack my meals in a cooler which I leave in the trunk. I also have a built in inverter so I don't pay for my coffee/tea at Dunks or Starbucks.

I'm efficient because I take the first call out of my house and if any call places me within 10 min or less of my home I call it quits. I've turned in at 10:45PM on a Saturday night when I dropped someone off a mile from home.

Drive the efficiency, bring your meals with you, and know you can quit when you want/need to helps to keep me successful.

No I mean after Ubers cut and what is deposited into my bank account. I'll take care of my deduction via taxes. My typical consumption of gas is between 14-17 bucks per 8 hour shift.

I always pack my meals in a cooler which I leave in the trunk. I also have a built in inverter so I don't pay for my coffee/tea at Dunks or Starbucks.

I'm efficient because I take the first call out of my house and if any call places me within 10 min or less of my home I call it quits. I've turned in at 10:45PM on a Saturday night when I dropped someone off a mile from home.

Drive the efficiency, bring your meals with you, and know you can quit when you want/need to helps to keep me successful.
I stand corrected.

Amen, never chase a surge. I don't go out after evening rush and fortunately still a vomit virgin. Trying to keep it close and wait until all of these newbies quit.

cmclean

Hopefully I will begin driving soon. I signed up yesterday. I live in the city. Hopefully this will allow me to make a decent income.

cmclean

The flip side would be heading to the surge locations and have it disappear on you. I have been positioned between surge locations so I was likely to get a pax. I log on and off so I don't get a ping when I'm not at the area I want.

What is a TNC policy? I noticed it in your footer.

BostonBarry

TNC = Transportation Network Carrier, which is the description legislators assign to Uber, Lyft, etc.

Insurance policies which cover the gap in coverage between personal and TNC are referred to as TNC policies.

Nick781

Always drive into Boston... you always get pings regardless of Uberx drivers around... this isn't the suburbs. Its a large city. Especially with events, games you will get pings.