1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

uber drivers: dont pick up uber drivers

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by uberissohonest, Sep 6, 2015.

1. they bring their ****ty friends along, and they don't tip. if you see 2 digits after their decimal, it's a driver. **** them. ive had a handful and they are problematic and dont tip. they will also admit they're a driver.

2. hrcabbie

hrcabbie

You gotta be kidding me, right? If that happened in my cab under the same circumstances, a portion of that ride would be free, the rest of their ride would be via hush puppie.

HollyD and TwoFiddyMile like this.
  3. BmanFromThe6

BmanFromThe6

Driving:
    UberX
    Funny I always tipy uber drivers 5$

4. DB2448

DB2448

How do you see a Pax's rating? I've never been able to see what their rating is. And I'm averaging 6 trips a day now since I just started trying to do full time.

5. UberBlackDriverLA

UberBlackDriverLA

Driving:
    Livery
    I am a former Uber driver, but I ALWAYS tip a good Uber driver.

6. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    BS... I pick up Uber and Lyft drivers all the time. Very few tip, but very few pax tip.
    They never tear up the car, and are good pax. Never had a problem.
    It may be that I don't live in a place where cousins marry cousins. :cool:

Jam Val likes this.
  7. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    I have taken only one UberX ride, ever. The guy was allright, he had a clean and nice car and had an idea where he was going. He grew up here, so that did not hurt. I tipped him five dollars.

I have taken a couple of Uber Taxi rides. I just leave the tip setting at the default twenty per-cent. It works. The drivers are happy with it, or so it seems as I get my five stars.

8. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    Sounds like you were a great UberX passenger. If all were like you, we would have little to complain about here on this Uber Drivers forum. Glad pax are reading the posts here, so you know what we do experience.

9. I always give drivers a couple bucks and almost every driver that I have had has tipped me.

Jedi Driver likes this.
  10. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    I will not get in my car if I plan to drink. $16,400 for the first DUI in CA according to the card the DUI checkpoints give out to my pax when I go through a checkpoint.

I also tip the Uber driver. I have never had an Uber driver that admitted to meeting another Uber driver. All are amazed I am a driver. All the Uber drivers I have met in San Diego are in their first or second month. I keep my opinions to myself.

No pax peeing in the back seat stories from me. They will find out soon enough by themselves.

Uber is 1/3rd the cost of a taxi in San Diego, so that does leave me plenty of margin to tip.

11. ATX 22

ATX 22

Under the circle in the black during a ping and you can click the clipboard icon top right corner after acceptance, the rating will be by their name.

12. I tip for 5 star drivers. Which most have been.

13. Oh My

Oh My

Since everyone in Chicago is an Uber driver (or was) I obviously gave alot of them rides. Never had a problem that I'm aware of. I remember one tipped $2 for a short ride (he was from out of town though) and another Lyft rider tipped $5 cash.

14. Queue "Dueling Banjos".

15. volksie

volksie

Agreed! They flee without tipping! 2-3 stars is your only recourse.

16. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI

I am a driver, as well, so I really do know what drivers experience.

Jedi Driver likes this.
  17. antiuber$

antiuber$

The way things are going, everyone you pick up will be a former uber driver.

volksie and LAuberX like this.
  18. If you don't get a tip or 5stars from an uber driver or a former one, that's extremely telling... Yep it is.

What it tells you, is up to you, I suppose.

19. Courtney2010

Courtney2010

I always tip, I think it depends on the driver.

20. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I drove a guy who said he is a Lyft driver, he gave me a $10 spot.

Uber on

BostonBarry likes this.