Uber Drivers doing dumb stuff!

QLDUberDriver

Not surprised with this and I would have expected that more up here in Brisbane. I hope they start handing in dash cam video of the driving of more dangerous tactics some drivers are doing. One clown last Sat in Little Stanley St did a u-turn in front of moving traffic in the T intersection to pickup a rider.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/o...many-passengers-into-car-20170116-gtslxc.html

Overloaded: Uber driver loses vehicle for cramming too many passengers into car
An Uber driver has lost his wheels for a month after he was caught with too many people in his car, police say.

An off-duty police officer spotted the car in Richmond and couldn't believe what he saw: two people squeezed in the front seat and three more crammed in the back with a child on someone's lap.

An Uber driver won't be picking up rides in Melbourne for a while after police saw him in action. Photo: AP
The child didn't have a seat belt or a child seat, police said.

The cop scribbled down the car's registration number to check the driver's details when he returned to work following the 11am incident on January 7.

"Further checks revealed the driver of the car was an Uber driver and he was on an Uber trip at the time of the incident," said police spokeswoman Amelia Penhall.

The driver, a 33-year-old man from Elsternwick, was brought in for questioning.

He had his car impounded for a month due to "overloading" laws.

The man is expected to face further charges on summons for a variety of driving offences.

Thing

All for a few $$$$ :eek: serves himself right --- we don't need drivers like that on the road, especially ones collecting passengers...

Taxi's have a bad record for me, similar to you
One clown last Sat in Little Stanley St did a u-turn in front of moving traffic in the T intersection to pickup a rider.
I have had a taxi u-turn in front of me to get to a passenger, I had to break heavily, taxi driver couldn't care less..

+ the annoying taxi that pulls up to a packed rank & parks 1/2 in/out blocking the lane waiting for another taxi to move... meanwhile the traffic behind has to go around & is 5 or 6 cars deep waiting... :mad:

The worst I've seen an Uber do is stop in the middle of a street, all the doors fly open & pax get out then he drives off... too lazy to pull into a parking bay :rolleyes:

QLDUberDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All for a few $$$$ :eek: serves himself right --- we don't need drivers like that on the road, especially ones collecting passengers...

Taxi's have a bad record for me, similar to you

I have had a taxi u-turn in front of me to get to a passenger, I had to break heavily, taxi driver couldn't care less..

+ the annoying taxi that pulls up to a packed rank & parks 1/2 in/out blocking the lane waiting for another taxi to move... meanwhile the traffic behind has to go around & is 5 or 6 cars deep waiting... :mad:

The worst I've seen an Uber do is stop in the middle of a street, all the doors fly open & pax get out then he drives off... too lazy to pull into a parking bay :rolleyes:
I used to only see that sort of thing with Taxis but these days I feel somewhat safer around them seeing as the bad taxi drivers have moved over to Uber. I.m sure some of them are just people who get flustered starting Uber and trying to multi task in a flash, but you cant miss the signature taxi moves lol.

As for cramming people into a car I got asked if I can fit an extra 2 people in my small hatch, like that wouldn't be obvious haha

Uber Clowns Riders.jpg

PhantomDriver

The best is when the idiots both cab and uber drivers stop on the yellow line at the Meriton on boundary street on a blind corner and there is actually a turn in pickup place inside the hotel entrance out of the traffic flow
How dumb can you get?

QLDUberDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The best is when the idiots both cab and uber drivers stop on the yellow line at the Meriton on boundary street on a blind corner and there is actually a turn in pickup place inside the hotel entrance out of the traffic flow
How dumb can you get?
Ive picked up from there and they've all been on the street waiting but near that corner is dangerous.

TheSnowman

Not surprised with this and I would have expected that more up here in Brisbane. I hope they start handing in dash cam video of the driving of more dangerous tactics some drivers are doing. One clown last Sat in Little Stanley St did a u-turn in front of moving traffic in the T intersection to pickup a rider.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/o...many-passengers-into-car-20170116-gtslxc.html

Overloaded: Uber driver loses vehicle for cramming too many passengers into car
An Uber driver has lost his wheels for a month after he was caught with too many people in his car, police say.

An off-duty police officer spotted the car in Richmond and couldn't believe what he saw: two people squeezed in the front seat and three more crammed in the back with a child on someone's lap.

An Uber driver won't be picking up rides in Melbourne for a while after police saw him in action. Photo: AP
The child didn't have a seat belt or a child seat, police said.

The cop scribbled down the car's registration number to check the driver's details when he returned to work following the 11am incident on January 7.

"Further checks revealed the driver of the car was an Uber driver and he was on an Uber trip at the time of the incident," said police spokeswoman Amelia Penhall.

The driver, a 33-year-old man from Elsternwick, was brought in for questioning.

He had his car impounded for a month due to "overloading" laws.

The man is expected to face further charges on summons for a variety of driving offences.

Throw the book at him & UBER for not enough training & education!!!

When I was a taxi owner / driver, often I would get request to take 5 in my 4 passenger car; oh, the last driver did it was the often heard plea - well, take a look I would say - "I'm not the last driver"

Lowestformofwit

How dumb can you get?
That's a risky spot for drop off late at night, since they close the roller doors to that drive through area quite early (11.30 or so a lot of times) and you have little choice but to stop across the footpath at the drive through entry in Adelaide St.
Reversing out of that spot then becomes very interesting.

lebrasee007

How dumb can you get?
almost as dumb as being a uber driver

clintz

I had a Uber driver who must of got a ping near QPAC and was in the lane to bridge- turning lane empty but they were too far forward!!

So they stopped on green light and put indicator on, arrow on red, we are on green, within a millisecond I slammed on the horn, cause there's a turning right above QPAC. With all that traffic behind me, just stupid!!

Also, not mention the 10 odd drivers who have no indicators- I've seen numerous pull into a house behind parked car then just pull out and move around the parked car to the next driveway, my passengers are saying WTF??