• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Drivers, does your ratings go down after you give lower stars for your PAX at end of rides?

Uber Drivers: Does your ratings drop after you rate pax that were a nuisance?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Initial D

I'm thankful that I don't really get matched with lousy PAX on Uber that often, but few weeks ago, I gave a PAX three stars (I don't want to be matched with this PAX ever again) for reeking of marijuana scent and that the scent hinders my judgment when driving. Afterwards, my ratings dropped by .01.

I know that ratings don't put food on the table/pay for rent, but it's important to know your enemies (people making false reports for freebies from Uber, psychopath/sociopath behavior of PAX like false promises to tip in app in hopes to increase their ratings, and toxic & dishonest people who simply enjoys assassinating people's character/reputation...etc).

So I'm just curious, do you fellow Uber Drivers notice changes in your ratings after you give lower stars to pax?

Initial D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would the ratings I give affect the rating I receive? The passenger doesn't know what I gave them.

If I'd drive them again I'll give em' 5*. If they're not profitable or a pain in the ass, 1*
Because I can see my ratings in my Rider app. I was curious if the PAX poorly rates drivers back because they are too blind to see whats wrong with them.

MoreTips

Passengers can't see adverse changes to their rating until AFTER they've rated you. This was done to prevent revenge ratings.
This was a good policy change Uber made but in recent threads I have heard that passengers can go back and change drivers ratings (and of course we can't anymore). If that is true it sucks that again Uber gives us something only to take it away. Rating protection is non existant if paxholes can see their falling rating then go right back and get revenge.

The fact that we have to rate immediately after the ride allows the worst of the worst to promise a tip basically conning the driver into a high rating while having no intention of ever tipping. This type of paxhole should be branded. I will give Lyft the credit on that issue. Allowing proper ratings to be given to those lieing pax just feels therapeutic.

Fozzie

The fact that we have to rate immediately after the ride allows the worst of the worst to promise a tip basically conning the driver into a high rating while having no intention of ever tipping. This type of paxhole should be branded. I will give Lyft the credit on that issue. Allowing proper ratings to be given to those lieing pax just feels therapeutic.
Solution: Don't @@@@@ yourself out for a couple of bucks. If they're bad, rate them badly and move on.

If I'd drive a person again, I give them a 5*. If their run wasn't profitable for me, they get 1* so that I don't get that unprofitable run again. The rideshare companies want to squeeze us for cash? I'm just doing what I need to do to offset that policy.

Trafficat

Having experienced retaliatory ratings in the past, I just rate 5 stars... except on Lyft, where I will sometimes rate someone 3 or lower for the express purpose of making sure I never see them again.

Ubermcbc

I'm thankful that I don't really get matched with lousy PAX on Uber that often, but few weeks ago, I gave a PAX three stars (I don't want to be matched with this PAX ever again) for reeking of marijuana scent and that the scent hinders my judgment when driving. Afterwards, my ratings dropped by .01.

I know that ratings don't put food on the table/pay for rent, but it's important to know your enemies (people making false reports for freebies from Uber, psychopath/sociopath behavior of PAX like false promises to tip in app in hopes to increase their ratings, and toxic & dishonest people who simply enjoys assassinating people's character/reputation...etc).

So I'm just curious, do you fellow Uber Drivers notice changes in your ratings after you give lower stars to pax?
Of course, all the time.
By the way, i only give 1 or 5 star. Don't expect the same. It usually backfire with 1 star.

losiglow

Probably half of the PAX I've talked to don't even know how to look up their ratings. And I don't think the very few that ever check it would check right after a ride. So if your rating drops, it's highly unlikely that it's due to a "retaliatory" bad rating.

Declineathon

KMF. Keep moving fwd. I 5 Star everyone. And i cam everyone. If a person one stars me BFD. If i get a formal complaint, Ill hunt down the $0.00 in trips, find the time, cross ref the footage and make my case.

If asked why didnt i one star them, or issue with rider, ill respond that the protocol invites retaliation.

Ubergaldrivet

UberXking

Why would the ratings I give affect the rating I receive? The passenger doesn't know what I gave them.

If I'd drive them again I'll give em' 5*. If they're not profitable or a pain in the ass, 1*
Because Uber adjusts your ratings.

Ubergaldrivet

Because Uber adjusts your ratings.
My last month of driving I gave everyone a 1. It felt good, and I could care less about driving for fubar ever again. From my stats 156 pax’s got 1’s. I was curious if fubar would deactivate bc of that. Nope, they only care about cancellations. So one star to your hearts content, then turn on lyft

Ubergaldrivet

Must have been. I was taught to give everyone 5 stars and I did except for Pumpkin. Her antics and attitude and fake name finally made me feel unsafe driving. Uber decided they liked her story over my dash cam. That’s fine, that was my last ride for Fubar ever. The beauty of part time work for me means I can deactivate fubar any time I want, so I did.

My car smells clean, I’m not afraid to put friends in my backseat, and I am free to give rides off the books. I have insurance for damn near everything.

RideshareUSA

Only a 1* on Uber prevents a re-match.

UberAdrian

Pax can give revenge rating super easy. The part about them not knowing which driver did it is highly unlikely, because pax don’t take that many rides and it’s super easy to figure it was the last driver. At which point they can go back and change the rating.

All UL does is add a delay...that only confuses things if pax is taking multiple rides per day.

Best protection - if you even remotely suspect for 1 nanosecond that a pax is going to fake report you, 1* them for safety reasons.

No Prisoners

If you analyze the evolution of Uber, you'll gather that the initial couple of years was the romancing stage with drivers. Uber enticed drivers with high rates and even free pay for just waiting for pings. During that stage uber protected drivers and even paid fines issued by cities and provided legal representation.

As uber reached saturation of drivers, uber entered the stage of economic dictatorial operation. You either accept their terms or you're out. Uber knows that for every disgruntled driver there are thousands willing to sign up.

However, uber now faces increasing competition from other platforms. Therefore, uber needs to make sure that all riders are matched with a driver.

Seasoned drivers decline low rated riders. So uber discourages drivers from giving riders low ratings. The system is designed to physiologically manipulate drivers to a desired reaction. Notice that drivers are forced to rate passengers immediately after completing the ride or the driver cannot continue accepting rides. This is a form of penalty.
If your dog answers your commands you give him a treat. Similar to allowing driver to get more rides. If your dog doesn't listen you kick his ass. Similar to not being able to get new rides.

Physiologically drivers are trained to think that there's a penalty for giving a low rating to passengers. The driver is forced into making a quick decision. By doing this Uber hinders your ability to rationalize your actions.

This is one area where lyft is actually more moral. Lyft allows drivers to rate at later time.