1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber Drivers Canceling Trips After Finding Out Final Destination

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark Johnson, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Well-Known Member

I refuse to drive more than 10 minutes away for a pickup.

2. Giovanni206

Giovanni206 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber on

3. Don't Turn Around

Don't Turn Around Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Ugh. Why does Uber customer service masquerade as Uber drivers on here?

4. AintWorthIt

AintWorthIt Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah because gas and oil changes are the only expenses you have with a vehicle.o_O I'm never going to hate on someone who is out there working hard, this is not an easy job nor is it for everyone, but please don't come on here spouting off how great the money is when you include bonuses or referrals in your pay and thousands of us on here have watched rates cut time and time again.
    In all honesty for that amount of trips you should be grossing close to 2k. But hey if 1985 cab rates using your own gas and car works for you, knock yourself out, who am I to judge.

Mark Johnson and Peanut hello like this.
  5. Mattio41

Mattio41 Well-Known Member

I see this practice coming to an end... A lot of the PAX i have been picking up lately have been complaining, and many even saying they are reporting drivers to Uber. I get that drivers are doing what they have to do to earn a fair wage, and Uber can blame themselves for dropping the fares so cheap in order to draw customers. But now, here it is, both companies are losing hundreds of millions of dollars because they have to bay driving bonuses to get people to go drive. Customers are becoming very hip to the Surge game and are starting to look for alternatives to avoid it.

Problem is, once you let the genie out of the bottle, hard to put it back in...

iUBERdc, Polomarko and Peanut hello like this.

6. Bulls23

Bulls23 Well-Known Member

What :D Accepting that you were wrong doesn't make you weak person. Learn from it.

Well done @MarkJohnson!

iUBERdc and Mark Johnson like this.
  7. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Considering the how low the rates are in general, this shouldn't come as a shock.

8. Mido toyota

Mido toyota Active Member

With out 270 promotions you did 734 before expenses go get a life

Mark Johnson likes this.
  9. eyewall

eyewall Active Member

This is what happens when you reduce fares to complete crap.

iUBERdc and grams777 like this.
  10. ginseng41

ginseng41 Well-Known Member

Why does every thread devolve into this? There's an entire subforum devoted to pay and another to complaints. Why can't the News thread remain about News?

11. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

For this particular week. A lot of weeks I'm bringing in closer to $1300.

12. uberdriverfornow

I wasn't wrong about anything.

13. uberdriverfornow

I have not, nor will I ever, refer someone to drive. It's like referring someone to take your job. Especially when you have guys like the "referring king" that made $65,000 in 2015 without driving a single mile, while we're out there busting ass doing the job the right way.

Here's a complete list of expenses since I bought the car a year and two months ago.

$400 for tires, $150 lifetime alignment from Wheelworks. $50 for Gold lifetime brake pads from Autozone. $30 for front and rear sway bar bushings. $15 for air filter. $15 for cabin filter. 5 x $35 mobile 1 fully synthetic oil.

all services performed by myself cept the alignment and tires

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    iUBERdc likes this.
  14. AusChameleon

AusChameleon Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have seen someone post an identical reply from Uber when someone complained about him canceling a trip.
    The first email was a tut tut, he wrote back and said that as an independent contractor he was within his rights to cancel a trip not profitable.
    He got that email in reply, talking about acceptance rates, and saying that where a job is not profitable he could politely ask the rider to cancel upon rider pick up.
    He's written back that he can't afford to drive 15 min to find out if the ride is profitable so where he hasong pings, he will continue to call first so as not to waste his or pax time.
    No response posted yet.
    So proof Uber have macro responses which is why they don't always make sense as we feel like we are not being properly listened to.

iUBERdc likes this.
  15. Craven Morehear

Craven Morehear Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Agreed! There is now little question Guber is continuing to infiltrate this forum. It's the neurotic Guber modus operandi

Don't Turn Around and iUBERdc like this.
  16. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself...

You were wrong about Uber not being in agreement with drivers canceling rides based on the pax destination. And you were also wrong to falsely accuse me of making up the conversation I posted from Uber support as I recall you saying, "And you expect us to believe it's legit ?"

But feel free to deny it all you want. That is the "mature" thing to do after all...

iUBERdc, Bulls23 and grams777 like this.
  17. yeahTHATuberGVL

yeahTHATuberGVL Active Member

If he makes 20% of what you earn in 10% of the time you spend, how is that inefficient?

18. yeahTHATuberGVL

yeahTHATuberGVL Active Member

I'm in SC. We don't see destination until we accept the ping. So it could be a 6 minute or 6 hour drive, and we have no way of knowing beforehand.

19. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Well-Known Member

https://help.uber.com/h/326da168-ffb2-4947-8c23-cbcb0895274e

That's from the official UBER website. States you can cancel a trip that you're uncomfortable doing because the distance is too far. You're welcome.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  20. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

iUBERdc likes this.