1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber Drivers Canceling Trips After Finding Out Final Destination

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark Johnson, Dec 29, 2016.

1. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

My car gets atleast 30mpg's. Even in the rare instances I get a request to go 10 miles, it's costing me about 75 cents to go that distance. Even if it's a min ride, I'm still making a few dollars on that trip, plus the trip itself counts towards the weekly bonus. It's a win-win.

But, yeah, if you're only working a few hours part time, being inefficient because of that, then, yeah, it's not smart to go that distance since it isn't going to be as profitable for you since you won't be doing enough trips to profit from the weekly bonus.

2. DrivingZiggy

DrivingZiggy Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Whether or not I'm used to being underpaid, when I enter into an agreement with a rider by accepting their ping I will do my best to do the honorable thing. Does it bite me in the a$$? Sometimes. Am I a sucker? Well, I guess I am by your definition. But that bothers me less than it would were I to break my word for a dollar.

3. darkshy77

darkshy77 Well-Known Member

Glad I'm a free ride service....

4. darkshy77

darkshy77 Well-Known Member

18 buck a hr with out the promo..... How many miles.... App on the whole time? In Houston that a great week...

5. mikechch

mikechch Active Member

I'm a carpenter by trade so i make that, after expenses, plus benefits in my work week. I then use Uber when I feel it's worth my time for a bit extra, I personally don't drink much and wouldn't be out partying otherwise so why not? It's how Uber should be used. a 20% cut is heavy by full time standards but it's no problem for a part time gig.

mwalmins likes this.

6. mikechch

mikechch Active Member

Stop viewing cherry pickers as a problem, they're the normal ones. If you don't and you drive base rate you should consider yourself an ant,desperately searching for crumbs. it will make you a sufficient amount if you do it long enough

7. mwalmins

mwalmins Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Nice to see a realistic statement. No surge/ boost, got the promotions and drove many miles judging by the tolls. good for you

8. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Well-Known Member

So now you see why your previous statement I quoted below sounded ridiculous earlier? All I did was post the important part of the email that I wanted others to focus on. The format is the SAME. Look at it yourself.

It's the same font, same wording, same layout (from who, to whom, e.t.c). In you whining, I was even able to post more of the original email to further emphasize that Uber is OKAY WITH DRIVERS CANCELING RIDES BASED ON A PAX DESTINATION.

The key is to not over do it...

Get it yet?

Bulls23 likes this.
  9. ajb62787

ajb62787 Member

I'm still arguing with Uber on the Airport Fee being added to my Gross Earnings when I never see that fee as money earned. I only see Mileage and Minutes, then the typical Uber Fee. $4 Surcharge each trip have added up substantially, which I had incurred just over $1500 in just Airport Fees in 2016 that I never see.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  10. mwalmins

mwalmins Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Is that true? Or is just you?

11. ajb62787

ajb62787 Member

It's for everyone. Just take a look at your monthly statement for taxes on Uber's website.

12. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

When you do your taxes you will minus out anything that Uber collected but didnt go to you. You can simply add up all your weekly statements and that will be your gross income for tax purposes.

That may be your Gross Fares but it's not your Gross Income.

You are going to want to edit our your name. You don't want to post that info on here.

13. TruthTalk

TruthTalk New Member

I have been a passenger of uber many times we have to put in the Final destination as part of booking the trip ?'
    So why is this even an issue?? I'm in Dallas

14. mwalmins

mwalmins Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Drivers in Chicago don't see final destination until passenger is in the car and we slide "Start Trip". Passengers think we know before we get there.

bobbybq, iUBERdc and grams777 like this.
  15. Nice_Guy

Nice_Guy Active Member

Drivers are not able to see your final destination until they start the trip, that's why some drivers ask. Also the driver can't cancel once they hit the start button. Am a Dallas TX driver.

iUBERdc likes this.
  16. Nice_Guy

Nice_Guy Active Member

Its called working smart.Every now and then I ask a rider their final destination, and if its a region I know for sure I won't get a ride back to my usual that trip is a gonna. Not worth my time and effort.

17. Polomarko

Polomarko Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, Uber you are the one who created this situation. That is the tipe of service you created.
    We need: Safe service, reliable service and affordable service.
    Uber, drivers have no influence at all, Uber sacrifice, safety and reliability on behalf of affordability so Uber is responsible
    and must be accountable.
    So, quality of service will be further downgrated, until is going to be so low without backup.

Mark Johnson and grams777 like this.
  18. Nice_Guy

Nice_Guy Active Member

I can't agree more! You hit the nail on the head. Damn right! Lol

19. Craven Morehear

Craven Morehear Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Guber day of reckoning is slowly approaching.

Nice_Guy likes this.
  20. grams777

grams777 Moderator Moderator

Increase the minimum fare and establish out of area drop off surcharges, for example. The problem with all of this stems from the forced rate structure which doesn't compensate each trip properly.