• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Driverneeds your help on a Rider Caused Damage Issue

Rwdoughboy

Help needed from fellow Uber and / or LYFT Drivers. Please review below, my messages back and forth with Uber on my issue of "Rider caused damage" due to a Food & Sauces spill by the Riders on my expensive Fabric seat upholstery this past weekend. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I should have approached Uber in order to receive a more positive response from them. I can be contacted directly at usagovernment4u@aol.com.

Maybe other Uber Drivers have suffered the same fate with similar answers and short reimbursements for Rider Damages that I have. If so, maybe we all can file a Class Action Law Suit against them since Uber has set up their "Rider Caused Damage Policy" as the only way we as Drivers can collect or be reimbursed for "Rider Caused Damages".

Uber totally disregards the issue of "Full Reimbursements from the Riders for the Damages they cause" to Uber Driver's vehicle. If we are "Uber Contractors", then a Uber has a responsibility to support us with obtaining Full 100% Reimbursements for any and all damages caused by a Rider that Uber "Sent Us" via their Uber APP process.

If Uber will not seek and obtain Full Reimbursement for their Contract Drivers, then they should supply Uber Drivers with all of the Rider's contact information, including Full Name, Complete Address, Phone Number, Drivers License Number including state of issue. This list of information will then allow Uber Drivers to sue the Uber Riders in their local "Small Claim Court System", including Court Costs and 100% reimbursement for the damages caused by the Riders.

Then, let Uber explain to their angry Riders why they are being hauled into a local court system by an "Uber Driver". They can try and explain why this is an official part of the overall Uber Business Plan, supporting Uber Drivers in addressing the Damages they (Uber Riders) caused to the Uber Driver's vehicle during their "Rider Caused" out of control or drunken ride.

"Uber communications recap between myself and the Uber Help Line contacts are shown below, along with damage recap photos" :

*** Message to Uber section below (my first communication to the Uber Help Line"

Did A Rider Cause The Damage To Your Vehicle? If So, How? :

I Picked this group of Uber XL Riders up at a High Rise Apartment Complex. They had with them 3 Catering Size Foil Pans with Food in them and only Aluminum Foil to cover them with. They contained food and sauces that were tomato and oil based. I told the Rider who booked the ride and who sat next to me as the Driver, in the front seat, that I did not want to carry this food in my car due to my concerns of "Spillage of the Contents" in my car, on the seats or floor. They insisted that there would be no Spillage!!!. I informed them that if there was, they would be responsible "100% for any and all types of Damage" to my vehicle. During the ride I heard 2 of the riders in the back, back row of my XL vehicle complaining how they had just then spilled some of the food contents on their pants. Upon arrival to their destination, I immediately inspected the back seat area before they disembarked from my vechicle. I saw and informed the riders in the back seat and the Rider who booked the ride that I was identifying their "Spillage" and the damage to my rear seat's upholstery, the upright back of seat, the seat itself and the front edge of the seat. They agreed they had caused the damage and were responsible for the damage. They asked if they could attempt to cleanup the damage themselves. I agreed that they could try, after I took photos of the damages. One and only one of the riders tried very hard to clean with 0-2 based cleaners as well as grease release cleaners. He was not successful it this attempt. I then informed him and the Rider who booked the ride that they would be responsible for the Professional Cleanup and that Uber would be contacting them on the issue. I estimate that the Normal $150 Cleaning Fee will not be enough to cover the cost of the cleanup and / or repairs. Plus I loss an hour of Drive time at the busiest time of night, as the bars and clubs were closing up. Also note that I was promised by the Booking Rider that he would leave a substantial Tip on my account to help cover this lost business income, which he has not done as of 9:00AM Sunday morning. If you Need additional photos or a resend of my photos via email, let me know right away. Please note that I have been an Uber Only Driver for almost Two and a half years, with almost 2,700 rides and Over 10,000 Riders transported safely while maintaining a current 4.91 Rating. Thank You,

Note from Uber Driver- my seat continues to look as shown in above photos after several attempts by me (and the Uber Rider) to clean and remove these stains shown!

>>> Message from Uber section below

Hi James,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're happy to evaluate your request. To start the cleaning fee process, we'll need to be able to assess the mess. We're having trouble viewing the mess using the photos you provided. Would you mind submitting additional photos? You can reply directly to this message with the photos. Once we receive clear photos of the mess, and a brief description of the mess pictured, we can start reviewing your cleaning fee request.

Sorry to hear about the mess in your vehicle, James. Let me help you here. We understand that it's important for you to have a clean and safe space when you drive. After reviewing the details of your submission, we have charged the rider a cleaning fee of $40.00. You will see the full amount of this fee added as a miscellaneous payment on your next pay statement. Please be reminded that we assess cleaning fees based on severity of the mess and average cost of cleaning services to help with cleaning costs. We're unable to charge riders for partner estimates of lost time or earnings. Thanks for your patience and understanding. Should you have other concerns, this link would be helpful.

*** Message to Uber section below

This $40 payment is totally unacceptable. There is no way that this amount will cover the cost of a professional car upholstery cleaner - repair person returning my backseat upholstery to the prior condition immediately before this ride. What in the world are you thinking? Is this how Uber treats a valuable 4.92 rated driver with over 2,650 rides and more than 8,000 riders delivered safely to their destination. No wonder the Uber Drivers continue to complain about how they are being treated by Uber and why they are quitting Uber by the hundreds every day!!! This also another example of why Uber is looking so bad in the media because of their treatment of their Drivers, just before the upcoming Uber IPO. Special Note - I am one of the drivers who received an Uber communication informing me that I will be one of the Special Uber Drivers who will receive a "Uber Appreciation Reward" on April 29. Uber policy states that the compensation for rider Damages are based on the average costs for the location in which they occurred. There is no way this $40 amount follows this Uber stated and documented policy. I am respectfully requesting that I be treated per Uber's stated policy on issues such as mine and reimburse me for this Rider damage fairly. If Uber does not do so, I will be forced to look at how I can take my concerns higher within the Uber management chain of command. Please make sure your Supervisor or Management team review my requests, claims for Rider Damage and my documented proof. I can also provide to you or anyone else, as needed, Dash Cam Video proof that everything I have stated about my side of this incident is factual and the Rider who requested this ride is indeed responsible for the damage his fellow riders caused to my vehicle. I hope to receive a positive response and increase in my damage reimbursement very soon.

Hi James,

We're sorry to hear about the mess that occurred on this trip. Cleaning fees are assessed and charged according to the extent of damage and are based on the nationwide industry averages for professional cleaning. We're unable to adjust your cleaning fee based on the mess pictured in your photos. If there's any additional documentation you'd like to supply for our review, feel free to respond to this message with that information. We appreciate your understanding.

Yes you can answer two questions for me. One - what additional information or documentation is needed to review my claim with a more positive response? Two - Please supply me with the name, address and contact information for the responsible Rider. I will need this information if I am forced to proceed with taking this Rider thru a legal process available within a "Small Claims Court" system. I am prepared to seek a court order for this information if I am forced to proceed in this manner. I truly hope this will not be needed. Sincerely,

Hi James,

We’re sorry to hear about this incident. Please note that for privacy and safety reasons, we do not disclose personal information of any of any riders and driver-partners. You can read our privacy policy here. We re-evaluated the report along with the photos that were provided and based on our investigation, the amount charged is correct. Just a friendly reminder, cleaning fees are assessed based on the severity of the mess on the photos submitted and are intended to cover the costs for professional cleaning. We hope you understand that we have standard processes that we need to follow. To learn more about our cleaning fee policy, please check our FAQ. We appreciate your understanding. If you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach out.

Okay - I just now reviewed the official Uber Cleaning Fee policy using the Uber Link you just sent me. Please review the wording of Level 3 Damage Severity shown below, which I copied from Official Uber Document posting. Note that my seating upholstery is very expensive "FABRIC" and not leather or vinyl. This makes proper cleaning extremely difficult whenever severe staining oil and tomato based foods and liquids are spilled on them. Please consider the fact that the raider already spent 45 minutes trying to clean the stains to my seat upholstery without positive results. They had a vested interest in doing everything they could to address the seat stains they caused. Therefore I must now take my vehicle to a professional auto upholstery cleaner-repair company to address these severe stains. In all fairness, Uber may not have realized that the upholstery for my seats were not Leather or Vinyl. Now that this fact has been realized, Uber should update my damages to Level 3 and reimburse me the stated $80 maximum shown in the Uber Cleaning Fee document. Note - If Uber will proceed to agree with this fact and issue me the $80 cleaning fee total, I will then consider this case, claim, or request closed. I will then discontinue additional efforts by me to seek other Legal Recourse to obtain fair and adequate reimbursement for the damages caused by the Uber Rider, chosen and assigned to me by Uber. Sincerely,

My understanding of the Official Uber Cleaning Fee Policy is based on excerpts shown below: I was charged a cleaning fee: In order for riders to enjoy safe, comfortable rides, drivers maintain clean vehicles. Riders are responsible for damage to the interior or exterior of a vehicle caused by incidents such as vomiting or food spills. Cleaning fees are assessed and charged according to the extent of the damage.

!!! This information on Uber Cleaning Fee a Policy was copied directly from the Uber Help web page, as shown below.

There are 4 levels of severity. From low to high:

I was charged a cleaning fee
In order for riders to enjoy safe, comfortable rides, drivers maintain clean vehicles.

Riders are responsible for damage to the interior or exterior of a vehicle caused by incidents such as vomiting or food spills.

Cleaning fees are assessed and charged according to the extent of the damage. There are 4 levels of severity. From low to high:

1. Damage that requires vacuuming or simple cleaning (e.g. small messes, food or drink or other liquid spills) is charged $20. Some liquid spills, such as pool or sea water, may be charged up to $50.

2. Vomit or spills on the exterior of a vehicle are charged $40.

3. Vomit and larger food or beverage spills on fabric or other hard-to-clean surfaces inside a vehicle typically require detailing and are charged $80.

4. Significant amounts of bodily fluids (e.g. urine, blood, or vomit) on the vehicle's interior or messes that require cleaning between the window and door are charged $150.

Professional cleaning fees are based on nationwide industry averages. If charged to a rider, these fees are paid in full to the driver.

In the event you are charged a cleaning fee, you will receive an updated trip receipt.

If you were charged a cleaning fee you feel is inaccurate or unfair, please let us know here.

>>> Message from Uber section below (Uber's Last response to me)

Hi James,

We understand how important it is for driver-partners to maintain their vehicles. We help facilitate cleaning fees to make sure driver-partners have the opportunity to do that. We're sorry to hear about the mess that occurred on this trip. We understand your experience might have been frustrating, but we will be unable to provide additional compensation for this concern as the appropriate charges have been provided already.
Please note that unfortunately, we're unable to charge riders for partner estimates of lost time or earnings. We appreciate your understanding.

My last comment as an Uber Driver on these issues is - What comments or suggestions does the Uber Drivers World care to share with everyone?

Signed: A very frustrated Uber Driver.

Attachments

Help needed from fellow Uber and / or LYFT Drivers. Please review below, my messages back and forth with Uber on my issue of "Rider caused damage" due to a Food & Sauces spill by the Riders on my expensive Fabric seat upholstery this past weekend. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I should have approached Uber in order to receive a more positive response from them. I can be contacted directly at usagovernment4u@aol.com.

Maybe other Uber Drivers have suffered the same fate with similar answers and short reimbursements for Rider Damages that I have. If so, maybe we all can file a Class Action Law Suit against them since Uber has set up their "Rider Caused Damage Policy" as the only way we as Drivers can collect or be reimbursed for "Rider Caused Damages".

Uber totally disregards the issue of "Full Reimbursements from the Riders for the Damages they cause" to Uber Driver's vehicle. If we are "Uber Contractors", then a Uber has a responsibility to support us with obtaining Full 100% Reimbursements for any and all damages caused by a Rider that Uber "Sent Us" via their Uber APP process.

If Uber will not seek and obtain Full Reimbursement for their Contract Drivers, then they should supply Uber Drivers with all of the Rider's contact information, including Full Name, Complete Address, Phone Number, Drivers License Number including state of issue. This list of information will then allow Uber Drivers to sue the Uber Riders in their local "Small Claim Court System", including Court Costs and 100% reimbursement for the damages caused by the Riders.

Then, let Uber explain to their angry Riders why they are being hauled into a local court system by an "Uber Driver". They can try and explain why this is an official part of the overall Uber Business Plan, supporting Uber Drivers in addressing the Damages they (Uber Riders) caused to the Uber Driver's vehicle during their "Rider Caused" out of control or drunken ride.

"Uber communications recap between myself and the Uber Help Line contacts are shown below, along with damage recap photos" :

*** Message to Uber section below (my first communication to the Uber Help Line"

I Picked this group of Uber XL Riders up at a High Rise Apartment Complex. They had with them 3 Catering Size Foil Pans with Food in them and only Aluminum Foil to cover them with. They contained food and sauces that were tomato and oil based. I told the Rider who booked the ride and who sat next to me as the Driver, in the front seat, that I did not want to carry this food in my car due to my concerns of "Spillage of the Contents" in my car, on the seats or floor. They insisted that there would be no Spillage!!!. I informed them that if there was, they would be responsible "100% for any and all types of Damage" to my vehicle. During the ride I heard 2 of the riders in the back, back row of my XL vehicle complaining how they had just then spilled some of the food contents on their pants. Upon arrival to their destination, I immediately inspected the back seat area before they disembarked from my vechicle. I saw and informed the riders in the back seat and the Rider who booked the ride that I was identifying their "Spillage" and the damage to my rear seat's upholstery, the upright back of seat, the seat itself and the front edge of the seat. They agreed they had caused the damage and were responsible for the damage. They asked if they could attempt to cleanup the damage themselves. I agreed that they could try, after I took photos of the damages. One and only one of the riders tried very hard to clean with 0-2 based cleaners as well as grease release cleaners. He was not successful it this attempt. I then informed him and the Rider who booked the ride that they would be responsible for the Professional Cleanup and that Uber would be contacting them on the issue. I estimate that the Normal $150 Cleaning Fee will not be enough to cover the cost of the cleanup and / or repairs. Plus I loss an hour of Drive time at the busiest time of night, as the bars and clubs were closing up. Also note that I was promised by the Booking Rider that he would leave a substantial Tip on my account to help cover this lost business income, which he has not done as of 9:00AM Sunday morning. If you Need additional photos or a resend of my photos via email, let me know right away. Please note that I have been an Uber Only Driver for almost Two and a half years, with almost 2,700 rides and Over 10,000 Riders transported safely while maintaining a current 4.91 Rating. Thank You,

Note from Uber Driver- my seat continues to look as shown in above photos after several attempts by me (and the Uber Rider) to clean and remove these stains shown!

Hi James,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're happy to evaluate your request. To start the cleaning fee process, we'll need to be able to assess the mess. We're having trouble viewing the mess using the photos you provided. Would you mind submitting additional photos? You can reply directly to this message with the photos. Once we receive clear photos of the mess, and a brief description of the mess pictured, we can start reviewing your cleaning fee request.

Sorry to hear about the mess in your vehicle, James. Let me help you here. We understand that it's important for you to have a clean and safe space when you drive. After reviewing the details of your submission, we have charged the rider a cleaning fee of $40.00. You will see the full amount of this fee added as a miscellaneous payment on your next pay statement. Please be reminded that we assess cleaning fees based on severity of the mess and average cost of cleaning services to help with cleaning costs. We're unable to charge riders for partner estimates of lost time or earnings. Thanks for your patience and understanding. Should you have other concerns, this link would be helpful.

This $40 payment is totally unacceptable. There is no way that this amount will cover the cost of a professional car upholstery cleaner - repair person returning my backseat upholstery to the prior condition immediately before this ride. What in the world are you thinking? Is this how Uber treats a valuable 4.92 rated driver with over 2,650 rides and more than 8,000 riders delivered safely to their destination. No wonder the Uber Drivers continue to complain about how they are being treated by Uber and why they are quitting Uber by the hundreds every day!!! This also another example of why Uber is looking so bad in the media because of their treatment of their Drivers, just before the upcoming Uber IPO. Special Note - I am one of the drivers who received an Uber communication informing me that I will be one of the Special Uber Drivers who will receive a "Uber Appreciation Reward" on April 29. Uber policy states that the compensation for rider Damages are based on the average costs for the location in which they occurred. There is no way this $40 amount follows this Uber stated and documented policy. I am respectfully requesting that I be treated per Uber's stated policy on issues such as mine and reimburse me for this Rider damage fairly. If Uber does not do so, I will be forced to look at how I can take my concerns higher within the Uber management chain of command. Please make sure your Supervisor or Management team review my requests, claims for Rider Damage and my documented proof. I can also provide to you or anyone else, as needed, Dash Cam Video proof that everything I have stated about my side of this incident is factual and the Rider who requested this ride is indeed responsible for the damage his fellow riders caused to my vehicle. I hope to receive a positive response and increase in my damage reimbursement very soon.

Hi James,

We're sorry to hear about the mess that occurred on this trip. Cleaning fees are assessed and charged according to the extent of damage and are based on the nationwide industry averages for professional cleaning. We're unable to adjust your cleaning fee based on the mess pictured in your photos. If there's any additional documentation you'd like to supply for our review, feel free to respond to this message with that information. We appreciate your understanding.

Yes you can answer two questions for me. One - what additional information or documentation is needed to review my claim with a more positive response? Two - Please supply me with the name, address and contact information for the responsible Rider. I will need this information if I am forced to proceed with taking this Rider thru a legal process available within a "Small Claims Court" system. I am prepared to seek a court order for this information if I am forced to proceed in this manner. I truly hope this will not be needed. Sincerely,

Hi James,

We’re sorry to hear about this incident. Please note that for privacy and safety reasons, we do not disclose personal information of any of any riders and driver-partners. You can read our privacy policy here. We re-evaluated the report along with the photos that were provided and based on our investigation, the amount charged is correct. Just a friendly reminder, cleaning fees are assessed based on the severity of the mess on the photos submitted and are intended to cover the costs for professional cleaning. We hope you understand that we have standard processes that we need to follow. To learn more about our cleaning fee policy, please check our FAQ. We appreciate your understanding. If you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach out.

Okay - I just now reviewed the official Uber Cleaning Fee policy using the Uber Link you just sent me. Please review the wording of Level 3 Damage Severity shown below, which I copied from Official Uber Document posting. Note that my seating upholstery is very expensive "FABRIC" and not leather or vinyl. This makes proper cleaning extremely difficult whenever severe staining oil and tomato based foods and liquids are spilled on them. Please consider the fact that the raider already spent 45 minutes trying to clean the stains to my seat upholstery without positive results. They had a vested interest in doing everything they could to address the seat stains they caused. Therefore I must now take my vehicle to a professional auto upholstery cleaner-repair company to address these severe stains. In all fairness, Uber may not have realized that the upholstery for my seats were not Leather or Vinyl. Now that this fact has been realized, Uber should update my damages to Level 3 and reimburse me the stated $80 maximum shown in the Uber Cleaning Fee document. Note - If Uber will proceed to agree with this fact and issue me the $80 cleaning fee total, I will then consider this case, claim, or request closed. I will then discontinue additional efforts by me to seek other Legal Recourse to obtain fair and adequate reimbursement for the damages caused by the Uber Rider, chosen and assigned to me by Uber. Sincerely,

My understanding of the Official Uber Cleaning Fee Policy is based on excerpts shown below: I was charged a cleaning fee: In order for riders to enjoy safe, comfortable rides, drivers maintain clean vehicles. Riders are responsible for damage to the interior or exterior of a vehicle caused by incidents such as vomiting or food spills. Cleaning fees are assessed and charged according to the extent of the damage.

!!! This information on Uber Cleaning Fee a Policy was copied directly from the Uber Help web page, as shown below.

In order for riders to enjoy safe, comfortable rides, drivers maintain clean vehicles.

Riders are responsible for damage to the interior or exterior of a vehicle caused by incidents such as vomiting or food spills.

Cleaning fees are assessed and charged according to the extent of the damage. There are 4 levels of severity. From low to high:

1. Damage that requires vacuuming or simple cleaning (e.g. small messes, food or drink or other liquid spills) is charged $20. Some liquid spills, such as pool or sea water, may be charged up to $50.

3. Vomit and larger food or beverage spills on fabric or other hard-to-clean surfaces inside a vehicle typically require detailing and are charged $80.

4. Significant amounts of bodily fluids (e.g. urine, blood, or vomit) on the vehicle's interior or messes that require cleaning between the window and door are charged $150.

Professional cleaning fees are based on nationwide industry averages. If charged to a rider, these fees are paid in full to the driver.

In the event you are charged a cleaning fee, you will receive an updated trip receipt.

If you were charged a cleaning fee you feel is inaccurate or unfair, please let us know here.

Hi James,

We understand how important it is for driver-partners to maintain their vehicles. We help facilitate cleaning fees to make sure driver-partners have the opportunity to do that. We're sorry to hear about the mess that occurred on this trip. We understand your experience might have been frustrating, but we will be unable to provide additional compensation for this concern as the appropriate charges have been provided already.
Please note that unfortunately, we're unable to charge riders for partner estimates of lost time or earnings. We appreciate your understanding.

My last comment as an Uber Driver on these issues is - What comments or suggestions does the Uber Drivers World care to share with everyone?

Personally I report every spill as urine to maximize that cleaning fee. Although the method relies heavily on my chosen hours. Which are bars only.

How do you handle the photos back to Uber with Urine
Well. No one knows the difference between urine and a soda. A spill is a spill on fabric.

All that's important in your photos is the EXIF data. If time and geo match, uber is on your side. (In my experience)

Frankly if a rider pisses me off well enough (be racist. Hate gays, touch my radio) I will buy a drink, @@@@ up my seats, and gouge them 150 for being a prick in my car. This year I've made 1200 dollars on "cleaning" fees.

MarkR

call the news and do the "on your side" thing. uber cahrged my GF $2.35 for tolls and fees and never went through tolls and was a five minute ride. each driver (13 of them) charged it.

when I called, the answer I got was scripted. good luck. hopefully the law will pass that these jack-offs who run these ride-share companies will be required to provide a CUSTOMER/RIDER phone number and not have to rely on knowing a driver to call for them.

Rwdoughboy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the ideas and comments. Amen to them.

I treat everyone fairly and above board until they try to cheat me, trash my Well Cared For - Ford Expedition, or threaten me or attempt to attack me. I am ex military and retired. When this kind of crap happens, Then it is all gloves off including Dash Cam recordings, Reports to Uber, the Cops and self defense actions & and weapons as needed (a CCW Holder). The latter has happened in 12 trips out of over 2,600 trips and still a 4.92 rated driver. When it happens, I scare them so much off camera, that they either piss or crap their pants and would not dare report me to anyone. I don't give them a chance to record me either. I'm serious when dealing with such AH issues. I sent several of these AH to jail too, when all was said and done.

oldfart

Reading the guidelines I would think the right amount would be $80

Having said that I think the $40 you got would be more than enough to rent a carpet and upholstery cleaning machine

Then maybe invest in some cheap seat covers

Rwdoughboy

Reading the guidelines I would think the right amount would be $80

Having said that I think the $40 you got would be more than enough to rent a carpet and upholstery cleaning machine

Then maybe invest in some cheap seat covers
Post automatically merged:

Seat Covers a great idea. Thanks. FYI - I already tried that he upholstery cleaning machine. No good results. That was some mean pasta sauce! Guess I have to go to a professional

UberBeemer

If you have cloth seats, i recommend at least scotch guard treatment, if not seat covers. I always ask pax carrying food to set it on the mat by their feet to avoid spills.

Fuzzyelvis

Hi James,

Hi James,

Hi James,

Hi James,

This is why I have leatherette seat covers.

Why are you willing to accept $80 anyway?

Small claims court seems to be your only option.

Rwdoughboy

This is why I have leatherette seat covers.

Why are you willing to accept $80 anyway?

Small claims court seems to be your only option.

I agree that $80 is not enough to cover my cleaning cost by a professional. That is why I was pushing the Small Claims Court idea, but I need Uber to supply the Riders contact and personal information to identify him in court filing papers and the court document serving process. Has anyone ever been successful in having the Rider signing a document at the time of an incident stating that they take full responsibility for the damages and they supply their full name, address, phone number, and drivers license number & issuing state??? I am going to try and use this process in the future.

The rider will have to fill out the information just like you would do in a car accident OR I never leave them alone (using various techniques to convince them it is better to take care of this business fairly and on a volunteer basis verses me doing my thing convincing them to do so).

Anyone have any comments or ideas??? Any pitfalls that you see with this approach? Thanks for any feedback

If you have cloth seats, i recommend at least scotch guard treatment, if not seat covers. I always ask pax carrying food to set it on the mat by their feet to avoid spills.

Great idea on the Scotch Guard. I never thought about that!!! I will do before this weekend's rides. Thanks

Last edited:

Juggalo9er

I agree that $80 is not enough to cover my cleaning cost by a professional. That is why I was pushing the Small Claims Court idea, but I need Uber to supply the Riders contact and personal information to identify him in court filing papers and the court document serving process. Has anyone ever been successful in having the Rider signing a document at the time of an incident stating that they take full responsibility for the damages and they supply their full name, address, phone number, and drivers license number & issuing state??? I am going to try and use this process in the future.

The rider will have to fill out the information just like you would do in a car accident OR I never leave them alone (using various techniques to convince them it is better to take care of this business fairly and on a volunteer basis verses me doing my thing convincing them to do so).

Anyone have any comments or ideas??? Any pitfalls that you see with this approach? Thanks for any feedback

Great idea on the Scotch Guard. I never thought about that!!! I will do before this weekend's rides. Thanks
Uber will not release the info without a court order

Remember Uber can remotely delete an offices computers so ya

Tom Oldman

Hi James,

Hi James,

Hi James,

Hi James,

My first advice; your post is a bit too long. Most people here know the issue and how the two evil brothers deal with the stuff, you don't need to give us proof, I for one believe you.

Second advice which won't help you with.this issue now but will.be of great importance in future: Get a decent dash cam and never leave home without it.

Third advice, don't waste your energy and time anymore on this matter. You did evening you could. Go to a professional car upholstery cleaning and get that stain off your sight and.mind.

Get back to work and make some money.
Good luck and drive safe.