1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber driver who had 'been working for 21 HOURS straight' charged after his passenger fell out & died

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Dec 4, 2017.

1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-driver-charged-passenger-fatally-struck.html
    [​IMG]
    An Uber driver who had allegedly been working 21 hours straight has been charged after a passenger fell out of his cab and was fatally struck by a bus.

The passenger, a 30-year-old man, died instantly when he was hit by the bus at a busy intersection in Sydney's CBD at 3.15am on a Saturday night earlier this year.

Police will allege the Uber driver, also aged 30, caused the man to fall into the path of the bus when he accelerated his car at the traffic lights.

Horrified onlookers said the man was dragged underneath the bus, suffering horrific head injuries. It's understood his two friends were still inside the Uber.

Emergency services arrived moments later but the man was pronounced dead at the scene. Paramedics were instead tasked with treating witnesses for shock.

According to the Daily Telegraph, a group of security guards who watched the early-morning accident huddled together in the moments after the man's death.

One guard was spotted vomiting into a garbage bin, while the devastated bus driver was heard saying he just wanted 'to go home' as he stood limply by a wall.

The Uber driver has been charged with negligent driving occasioning death and is due to appear at Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court in the new year.

The charge carries a maximum jail sentence of 18 months.

'This was a tragedy and our heart goes out to the family. Following the incident, we reached out to law enforcement and offered to help in anyway we could,' an Uber spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia in a statement.

The spokesperson added that the Uber app had been updated in October this year - four months after the accident - to automatically log off drivers who had been online for 12 hours.

It's understood the driver is no longer contracted by Uber.

Rakos and tohunt4me like this.
  2. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

another fake story...if anyone really needs me to go into detail with everything that says this story is fake just lemme know

i'll just leave a small bit so it will give you people the idea of what look for when you dissect these ridiculously fake stories they keep putting out, the fact that nobody in recorded history has ever fallen out of a vehicle just because it accelerated from a light...it's physically impossible

there's plenty more, just dissect it piece by piece

Rakos likes this.
  3. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

It IS A TRAGEDY !
    But ( not to make light of this)
    How the Hell did he fall out of the car !?!?
    Door not latched properly ?
    Mechanical failure ?
    No seat belt ?

How does this happen ?
    The bus driver is traumatized.
    The policeman is traumatized.
    His friends accompanying him certainly must be in shock and horror.
    I am sure the Uner driver is distraught.
    How ?

I could see it happening.
    But many safeguards must fail to reach that possibility.
    A doorless jeep could cause such an event.
    But a passenger car with doors ?
    How ?
    3:30 am and a group of friends. I am speculating alcohol was involved.

My car, the doors electronically lock when vehicle is placed in drive.
    An annoying chime sounds if a front seat passenger does not have safety belt fastened.
    If door is ajar i get sound and light warning.

How unless passenger willfully opened door?

MoreTips and Rakos like this.
  4. BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    Your fake story claims are getting old. There's more news articles and pictures of the scene where he was killed. You think the Earth is flat too? Front page news: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/rideshari...d-by-a-bus-in-sydney-cbd-20171204-gzypzx.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2017
  5. Brooklyn

Brooklyn Well-Known Member

Dude probably opened the door and the driver may have moved at the same time.. like he may have stopped... passenger might have been drunk and tried getting out, driver without realizing door is open may have moved so he can pull over to a better spot?

6. htboston

htboston Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This is what people get when they try to exit the car when we drivers haven't pulled over to the curb for them to exit safely.

SuzeCB, MoreTips, tohunt4me and 2 others like this.
  7. BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    grams777 and tohunt4me like this.
  8. uberdriverfornow

You want to keep posting bs articles. I'm going to keep picking them apart for the bs they are. So let's get started.

That is specifically what the article that you posted said. It didn't say he accelerated when the passenger was getting out. It says specifically he accelerated at a light and the guy fell out.

But let's speculate the only way this could possibly happen. The passenger would have to not have a seat belt on. The car door would have to not be locked or closed. The passenger would have to be hanging out of the door. He would have to doing a donut at the time so the passenger would be flung to the outside. Simply accelerating is not going to cause a guy to fly out of the door since a forward force would cause the guy to just go backwards. Also, the bus would have to be happened to be going by the car at the exact moment while all of this is happening while the driver is doing his donut. Furthermore, the driver would pretty much have to deliberately try to hurt this guy. Is that was your pos article says ? No.

Furthermore, what's the name of the driver ? This guy is supposedly being charged right ? What's the name of the passenger ? Name of the bus driver ? Where are all of the pictures of the chaos of this supposed crime scene ? Picture of the driver? Picture of the passenger? Picture of the bus driver ? Where are all of the supposed statements from these
    ?

So supposedly this happened all the way back January ? Where were the news articles then ? Where are all of the pictures ? Again, name of the driver ? Name of the passenger ? Name of the bus driver ? In this day and age there are always videos when something like this happens, so where are the videos ?

Drive2bFree and QuestChaser01 like this.
  9. BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    Do you have problems comprehending an article? It happened over the weekend. And Uber is changing their policy over it, so yeah it happened.

10. uberdriverfornow

My reading comprehension? Well, let's see here. Let's look at the articles YOU posted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-driver-charged-passenger-fatally-struck.html

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...h/news-story/b72e92e59ecba84d4b988e74fa061164

But apparently there was a complete and total media blackout on the reporting of this story. They were clearly told not to report on it when it happened in June but instead they could only report on it now in November. Riiiiiiight.

Anything else you need help with, lemme know.

Rakos likes this.
  11. BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    It literally says December 4th 2017 right on the pictures. So if you still think it was last year then all the power to you.

12. uberdriverfornow

lmao and you still believe that cockamame story ?

so clearly it happened in june but they managed to take some pictures on the 4th ? is that the story you're going with ?

13. mytheq63

mytheq63 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    tohunt4me and MoreTips like this.
  14. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Lord.
    Does anyone think that this wouldnt or couldnt have happened to a " Fresh" driver just beginning his shift ?

How much of a factor do you REALLY think the 21 hours is ?

We have cab drivers who do 12 hours shift in cab then Begin uber.

We have " part timers" who work a job all day, then begin uber.

I doubt 21 hours made a difference in this event.

The whole basis of the negligence charge against the driver is the clock.

Speculative case based on allegations at best.

You cant physically restrain adult passengers. That is false imprisonment !

What is a drivers supposed liability for a JUMPER ?

Does not seem right.

grams777 likes this.
  15. uberdriverfornow

Did you actually read the story you just posted or did you just read the title and stop there ?

Try actually reading it and comparing it to the two articles posted in this thread and see what stands out.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  16. QuestChaser01

QuestChaser01 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Fake story.

17. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Was it UberX or Uber Taxi? The article mentions "cab". Uber Taxi is available in Sydney; the only place in Australia where it is available.

I do have to wonder how the police determine that accelerating caused him to fall out of the car.

If he were getting out of the car, the acceleration could have caused the guy to fall possibly in the path of the bus, but it could not have caused him to fall from the car. This does assume that the door was closed, locked, the window was up, there actually were doors on the car. Australia is pretty strict about seat belts.

Please respect the Forum Rules about confrontational posts. Attack the content, not the poster.

18. uberdriverfornow

Now that I'm home let's get serious.

In the first two articles supposedly dated a few days ago they specifically say that the driver was being charged for accelerating as the rider was getting out of the car and somehow fell under a bus without the driver's car door being damaged in the accident and even though there is no report of the driver doing donuts at the time of the accident which would be the only thing that would cause the passenger to fall outwards and into the bus instead of just under the drivers car if the driver accelerated when he was getting out. Despite this being factually impossible let's assume it was real for a moment.

Now you posted an article supposedly from the night of the incident where there is no mention whatsoever of the driver being in the wrong. Instead it states that the passenger stepped out of the car and somehow managed to walk into the path of a bus.

Still no mention of the name of the driver, no name of the passenger, no name of the bus driver.

Is this how we honor the supposedly dead passenger, by not posting his name to be remembered by ? Absolutely not. Not if this was a true story.

Apparently the "witnesses" were more injured than the actual victims because there are no pictures whatsoever of anyone actually involved in the accident nor do we have any names whatsoever of anyone.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  19. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Second paragraph of the linked story has the crucial missing detail no one is acknowledging.

A 30-year-old man got out of the ride-sharing vehicle at a set of traffic lights near the intersection of Bathurst Street in the early hours of June 17 and fell onto the road and into the path of a bus when the car accelerated, police say.

A drunk guy could easily decide to get out when the car was stopped at the light, the driver didn't notice and took off when it turned green. Idk why that's difficult to believe.

Edit: the previous post showed after I posted. But I don't know why he thinks it's impossible for someone to get out as the light turns green, and the oblivious driver didn't hear it and drove away.

It seems unfair to blame the driver. Doors can be quiet, especially with a window open and traffic noise. He has a reasonable expectation that an adult won't get out of a car in the middle of a drive. He Ubers so he shouldn't have such an expectation anymore, but it's still reasonable to expect.

tohunt4me, grams777 and Drive2bFree like this.
  20. uberdriverfornow

If a car takes off with you getting out the only place you're going is under the same car. You don't magically fly outwards unless someone pushes you outwards. Try it. Go hang out of a door and have someone just barely hit the gas. You go straight down, not out. The only way this would be possible would be if the driver was doing donuts which would cause you fly outwards. Do some youtube searches for idiots doing donuts and people flying out of the car.