Uber Driver Used Pax Credit Cards --- Uber Did Nothing. Uber Has Evolved to being Pro-Driver!!

Inshur

Mr. Affinito

End of July, Uber pax was picked up from JFK. When he was exiting the car, he dropped his pouch which contained passport and credit cards. Pax contacted driver the next day to get his stuff back. Driver said "Yes, I found it yesterday." Driver A) did not contact pax, even though he had found his stuff a day earlier and B) would not meet the pax the day after b/c he claimed he was not working that day.

Two days after, the driver takes the items back to pax and pax gives driver $60 for being so kind as to bring his stuff back.

I personally suggested him to change his credit card numbers for obvious reasons but he said "No, he driver was honest to bring these things back to me."

Well, his bank called to say, "there are a few unusual charges on your account" and it was discovered that the driver used the cards and wrote down the numbers and continued to use them even after returning the cards to pax. Hundreds of $$$ in charges.

1) reported to NYPD
2) reported to Uber ("this is serious, we'll contact you shortly")
3) two days go by and no follow up from Uber.
4) pax contacts Uber again and they say "There's nothing we can do about this."

Not bad, huh? Go Uber!

Link_upnyc

Wait so you think its okay to steal pax info and commit fraud ?

Uber didn't do anything cause they dnt want to be affiliated with a crime like this committed by " uber partners " this ant pro driver this actually proves more how they dnt give a shot about anyone but them self.

Let the TLC get wind of this and that driver will have changers pressed against him and once he's convicted no licesene. This show how this trade that was considered a profession is now a shit show.

You know what kind of nightmare it can be when you are travelling and you lose your passport!?

Mr. Affinito

Wait so you think its okay to steal pax info and commit fraud ?

Uber didn't do anything cause they dnt want to be affiliated with a crime like this committed by " uber partners " this ant pro driver this actually proves more how they dnt give a shot about anyone but them self.

Let the TLC get wind of this and that driver will have changers pressed against him and once he's convicted no licesene. This show how this trade that was considered a profession is now a shit show.

You know what kind of nightmare it can be when you are travelling and you lose your passport!?
So true. Thankfully the dude (which is a friend of mine) was just coming back to the USA (home) from an international trip. He could have simply cancelled everything and requested new documents, but that's expensive and time-consuming. So, that's why he gladly gave the guy $60 for returning the documents.

The driver is stupid - really. If he was gonna commit fraud, then he should have just said "No, I didn't find anything. Maybe you dropped your things at the airport. Sorry to hear about this." I'm kinda on the fence about having my friend report him to TLC because "yes" he would lose his license...and what if he uses this to support his family....? What if he really needed stuff from AutoZone because his Camry was giving him problems? (Yes, he bought stuff from AutoZone!)

Nothing they can do for the victim. It's not on uber to reimburse them.
They should AT LEAST reimburse the $30 paid for the ride, IMO.

Mr. Affinito

BTW

How much did you get for your 2017 Honda Accord?
Was unable to sell it because the highest bid on Ebay was $19K and I just couldn't muster up the courage to let it go for such a low cost. So, I kept it and even drove it last month... made a lot in August. If I drive it on my time off and make another $12K, then that'll pay it off (well, technically, pay myself back for it...because I didn't take out a loan to buy it.)

Why the driver should be deactivated? Does pax have a proof that driver used his card?
Are you kidding me? The card was used AFTER the pax got out of the car and BEFORE the cards/passports were returned to pax ....AND, the cards were used in the driver's neighborhood. He had mentioned previously that he lived in Queens and that's exactly where the charges were made...AND at AutoZone. Do the math, bro.

Please it's against TLC regulations not to IMMEDIATELY return items found in FHV cars to the nearest police department or to the base.

wk1102

So true. Thankfully the dude (which is a friend of mine) was just coming back to the USA (home) from an international trip. He could have simply cancelled everything and requested new documents, but that's expensive and time-consuming. So, that's why he gladly gave the guy $60 for returning the documents.

The driver is stupid - really. If he was gonna commit fraud, then he should have just said "No, I didn't find anything. Maybe you dropped your things at the airport. Sorry to hear about this." I'm kinda on the fence about having my friend report him to TLC because "yes" he would lose his license...and what if he uses this to support his family....? What if he really needed stuff from AutoZone because his Camry was giving him problems? (Yes, he bought stuff from AutoZone!)

If he complains more they will

Mr. Affinito

Maybe. Maybe not. The last message he sent was like "You guys suck. I'm going to add to the anti-Uber sentiment on social media and immediately delete this app." Probably they are not into helping out pax who threaten to leave them and talk junk about them online.
If he complains more they will

Link_upnyc

Your " friend" needs to stop being friends with you cause you are okay someone stealing his stuff cause they may need their license to support a family so its okay to take passengers belongings that happens to be your friend or buy stuff from auto zone on your friends coin cause his car needs so he can keep working. You sound ridclous same way you bought a brand new car to get the uber promotion and say you was a " NYC taxi driver "

Mr. Affinito

Your " friend" needs to stop being friends with you cause you are okay someone stealing his stuff cause they may need their license to support a family so its okay to take passengers belongings that happens to be your friend or buy stuff from auto zone on your friends coin cause his car needs so he can keep working. You sound ridclous same way you bought a brand new car to get the uber promotion and say you was a " NYC taxi driver "
Awwww hush man. It's my car. Why you all up in my pocket for ? I can afford it, so don't you worry. What I'm saying is that it's not the end of the world. The credit card companies refunded him. He reported it to NYPD. Whatever happens happens. I just don't think people need to have the rug pulled from under them forever just because they make a stupid mistake. You remind me of a true conservative. One mistake and he should be in prison for 10 years... thank God you didn't get a chance to go to college and law school.

Link_upnyc

Awwww hush man. It's my car. Why you all up in my pocket for ? I can afford it, so don't you worry. What I'm saying is that it's not the end of the world. The credit card companies refunded him. He reported it to NYPD. Whatever happens happens. I just don't think people need to have the rug pulled from under them forever just because they make a stupid mistake. You remind me of a true conservative. One mistake and he should be in prison for 10 years... thank God you didn't get a chance to go to college and law school.
Oh na you got it confused I could give two F's about your fund's. I'm pointing out the level of ignorance.

Jambar

If anyone is ignorant, it's you. You're the one here spewing venom over a situation that does not necessitate the same.
You represent the worse stereotypes about uber drivers and taxi drivers in general.How in the world can you make excuses for a effing thief!it shows how little regard you have for your little sorry being by not putting yourself in the shoes of the paying passenger who lost his stuff and rewarded the driver for bringing his items back!ghetto rats will always be ghetto rats.

Link_upnyc

If anyone is ignorant, it's you. You're the one here spewing venom over a situation that does not necessitate the same.
Lol I'm not in the slight bit affected by it so venom is a over statement and you can't post of a public forum and have a problem with ppl opinions

Mr. Affinito

You represent the worse stereotypes about uber drivers and taxi drivers in general.How in the world can you make excuses for a effing thief!it shows how little regard you have for your little sorry being by not putting yourself in the shoes of the paying passenger who lost his stuff and rewarded the driver for bringing his items back!ghetto rats will always be ghetto rats.
Dude, we didn't know he had used the cards until the bank called last week.. that was weeks after. And, they only called because there was CONTINUED use of the numbers even tho the cards were returned.

Also, I just simply wanted to get opinions about how you guys felt regarding this situation. There are no right or wrong answers. It's not terrible to be a little compassionate. You can't go around the world ruining people's lives just because they do a stupid thing that didn't negatively affect us at all. Fine, my buddy had to get a new credit card with a new number. It's not the end of the world. And, maybe you missed the part about him reporting it to the NYPD. Just didn't report it to TLC. NYPD is investigating and they will do whatever they do.

Inshur New York