Uber driver 'tried to kiss' woman during car ride: Court

Instyle

Is this another Brisbane Uber driver sexual assault not already reported on UP?

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...ried-to-kiss-woman-court-20170911-p4yvv1.html

An Uber driver has faced court in Brisbane accused of trying to kiss a woman during a car ride in the city's nightclub precinct.

The 29-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is also accused of touching the woman inappropriately at Fortitude Valley on March 13.

He faced the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Monday on one count of sexual assault, with court documents alleging he "unlawfully and indecently assaulted" the female complainant.

He is the fourth ride-sharing service driver to be slapped with criminal charges since July, with three others facing counts including rape and deprivation of liberty.

The case will return to court on September 25.

Uber has been contacted for comment.

Golfer

Impossible!!! you mean to tell me that a phone application alone cannot guarantee the safety of a rideshare passenger?

I refuse to believe it!

Well Cheeky
About 3 months ago , A lady pax got in my car ,first time with Uber.
The reason being
She got in aTaxi, and a few minutes into the ride , the drivers phone rang , he said it was his wife and would she mind if he took the call, she replied no problem , he spent the next 10 minutes describing her boobs to his " wife". In his native tounge
Now the big problem for the driver was the lady was from the UK, and had a very good understanding of Pxxkxxistxni language.
When she alighted the cab at journeys end. She saw the funny side of it, and spoke to the driver in his tongue , as she said she was sure for a moment he turned " white" as she took his ID.
And yes she did report him to the co.
And that's why she now ubers it!!
I guess a few reported stories of misadventure, indiscretion, by drivers of both modes will always arise
So don,t get on the old soapbox yet , and speak to soon !!! A cabbie could be in the news next for similar!!!!!!!
I might add she had me in stitches with her "cockney accent"
But I never commented on her boobs, infact I looked straight ahead ,the whole trip , its called self control or presevation !!!
The driver in question will obviously now, get a chance to tell his side
I have had a few young ladies , ( When in groups after a few tipples) say hey driver you would know a bit about "sex ,drugs and Rock n, roll"
Of course I explain I haven,t a clue about what they maybe referring too
Not in my church choir anyhow!!!

Last edited:

ST DYMPHNA son

and what's the big deal???the stories from uber HQ,what "monkey business"they engage in WOOOOOOOOOOOOW.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
There should be no place in modern world for anyone to enforce them self on a other person who regardless of the state of sobriety get sexually assaulted.
Please give a "sack" to uber board (might be happening in London already):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Golfer

and what's the big deal???the stories from uber HQ,what "monkey business"they engage in WOOOOOOOOOOOOW.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
There should be no place in modern world for anyone to enforce them self on a other person who regardless of the state of sobriety get sexually assaulted.
Please give a "sack" to uber board (might be happening in London already):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey St son you do realise cheeky fellow is a cabbie , but he as far as I am concerned welcome on this forum ,
I like two views, and as far as I can ascertain he is the only genuine cabbie on this forum.
In Suds day we were all cabbies

ST DYMPHNA son

Hey St son you do realise cheeky fellow is a cabbie , but he as far as I am concerned welcome on this forum ,
I like two views, and as far as I can ascertain he is the only genuine cabbie on this forum.
nothing wrong with the Cabbies or any other people as long as they are good :smiles:
I'm rather old and my reputation has not been soiled which is kind of nice while shaving as I don't feel like smashing the mirror mine image is in.:smiles:

Last edited:
Well Cheeky
About 3 months ago , A lady pax got in my car ,first time with Uber.
The reason being
She got in aTaxi, and a few minutes into the ride , the drivers phone rang , he said it was his wife and would she mind if he took the call, she replied no problem , he spent the next 10 minutes describing her boobs to his " wife". In his native tounge
Now the big problem for the driver was the lady was from the UK, and had a very good understanding of Pxxkxxistxni language.
When she alighted the cab at journeys end. She saw the funny side of it, and spoke to the driver in his tongue , as she said she was sure for a moment he turned " white" as she took his ID.
And yes she did report him to the co.
And that's why she now ubers it!!
I guess a few reported stories of misadventure, indiscretion, by drivers of both modes will always arise
So don,t get on the old soapbox yet , and speak to soon !!! A cabbie could be in the news next for similar!!!!!!!
I might add she had me in stitches with her "cockney accent"
But I never commented on her boobs, infact I looked straight ahead ,the whole trip , its called self control or presevation !!!
The driver in question will obviously now, get a chance to tell his side
I have had a few young ladies , ( When in groups after a few tipples) say hey driver you would know a bit about "sex ,drugs and Rock n, roll"
Of course I explain I haven,t a clue about what they maybe referring too
Not in my church choir anyhow!!!

you missed the point i was trying to make, mate. bad apples are every where. and considering how many drivers change driving platforms between Taxi and rideshare, it would be wrong to paint only one group as unprofessional. I'm not preaching against rideshare drivers. just the luddite system Uber try to pass off as customer safety. Uber believes that anymore costs imposed on rideshare drivers will only hamper their business model so they lobby against them putting passengers unnecessarily at risk.

I also have stories from ex rideshare passengers that refuse to use the Uber platform for the very same reasons. my daughters friends won't even get into an Uber unless there are 2 or more of them ( proud to say that my daughter has never used the service), due to all the silly talk and creepiness they have encountered.

i would never deny that which was described to you doesn't also happen in Taxis. the thing is that thats all that will probably happen cause the Taxi is decked out with camera's, fixed GPS and a government identifier. a disincentive. since July this is the 4th sexual attack in an Uber in Brisbane (at least those that Uber couldn't hide). How many sexual assaults were there in Taxis during the same time? None! speaks volumes.

thanks Golfer. we're all chasing the same dollar so it pays to be respectful. My beef is with Uber and the way they play hard and fast with the public. God i miss SUD and her silliness. such good value.

QLDUberDriver

you missed the point i was trying to make, mate. bad apples are every where. and considering how many drivers change driving platforms between Taxi and rideshare, it would be wrong to paint only one group as unprofessional. I'm not preaching against rideshare drivers. just the luddite system Uber try to pass off as customer safety. Uber believes that anymore costs imposed on rideshare drivers will only hamper their business model so they lobby against them putting passengers unnecessarily at risk.

I also have stories from ex rideshare passengers that refuse to use the Uber platform for the very same reasons. my daughters friends won't even get into an Uber unless there are 2 or more of them ( proud to say that my daughter has never used the service), due to all the silly talk and creepiness they have encountered.

i would never deny that which was described to you doesn't also happen in Taxis. the thing is that thats all that will probably happen cause the Taxi is decked out with camera's, fixed GPS and a government identifier. a disincentive. since July this is the 4th sexual attack in an Uber in Brisbane (at least those that Uber couldn't hide). How many sexual assaults were there in Taxis during the same time? None! speaks volumes.

thanks Golfer. we're all chasing the same dollar so it pays to be respectful. My beef is with Uber and the way they play hard and fast with the public. God i miss SUD and her silliness. such good value.

I haven't really corrected anyone probably since around SUDs last silliness, but I feel I must inform you of a correction in your writing.

Urban Dictionary
Good Value: Often used by Aussies to describe a person who is good to hang out with, easygoing, friendly, and not too sensitive or high maintenance.

:biggrin:

ST DYMPHNA son

as long as there are hormones raging men will commit or try to pull a fast one over a woman,any woman.Most of the times it is not a need for a prove of love or a pleasure of love making,it is a power game to show a "pecking order".It happens in high and low and inbetween places but uber and taxi drivers are a cheap target,they will not have money to hire expensive lawyers.
Problem with us uber drivers might be that expectation of what was promised came down in flames and deep down we feel that we should not have any respect and it effect our judgement and taxi drivers were almost always look upon as second class people.I don't know,went through my life without any thing that I would be a shame of,maybe just lucky

I should add that I'm from a very good home and maybe that's why they did not wanted me back :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
I haven't really corrected anyone probably since around SUDs last silliness, but I feel I must inform you of a correction in your writing.

Urban Dictionary
Good Value: Often used by Aussies to describe a person who is good to hang out with, easygoing, friendly, and not too sensitive or high maintenance.

:biggrin:

its nice of you to correct me and all but i stand by what i said about SUD being good value. she was entertaining and harmless. the forum could do with more like her.

Golfer

" you say I MISSED the point"
Probably has stuck with me since I was thrown off the the School Debating Team
Even on this forum I have the ability (with the help of a few others)
To turn a perfectly good fact finding post into absolute drivel
Oh here I go again!!!! Off at a tangent