Uber Drivers Forum banner

UBER DRIVER STRUGGLES WITH PASSENGER WHO GRABS AT WHEEL

2K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  itsablackmarket 
#1 · (Edited)
https://abc7news.com/amp/uber-driver-struggles-with-passenger-who-grabs-at-wheel/5101260/

SACRAMENTO, California - It was not a great night on the road for a California Uber driver who had only one arm to use to keep a passenger from going for his steering wheel.

Dax Castro posted a dashcam recording of his struggle with a man sitting in his front seat.

According to Castro on Facebook, the ordeal took place as he was driving the passenger to a downtown Sacramento location, all while traveling at freeway speeds.

"You gotta let go, man!" Castro told the passenger.

In response, the unidentified passenger told Castro, "You gotta trust me, brother," and "I love you, brother."

Castro is then seen slowing the vehicle down while trying to keep the man away from the wheel.

The post went on to mention that the passenger was later arrested after registering a 0.19 blood alcohol content.

I almost died last night! FR! Picked up this crazy passenger from @cornerpocketsportsbar that tried to grab the steering wheel while we're on the freeway doing 65! So glad I had my dash cam @vantrue_official and that np one was hurt! In the end he was arrested and given a Breathalyzer and blew a point .19! @cornerpocketsportsbar #overserved

Stupid thing was that had he thrown up in my car I would have gotten a $250 cleaning fee but because he only tried to kill me I get nothing had to go home early lost $200 in earnings for the night!
But obviously I'm thankful that I'm alive.

#uber #drunk #fullmoon #uberdriver #crazy #suicide #attemptedmurder

See less See more
#9 ·
https://abc7news.com/amp/uber-driver-struggles-with-passenger-who-grabs-at-wheel/5101260/

SACRAMENTO, California - It was not a great night on the road for a California Uber driver who had only one arm to use to keep a passenger from going for his steering wheel.

Dax Castro posted a dashcam recording of his struggle with a man sitting in his front seat.

According to Castro on Facebook, the ordeal took place as he was driving the passenger to a downtown Sacramento location, all while traveling at freeway speeds.

In response, the unidentified passenger told Castro, "You gotta trust me, brother," and "I love you, brother."

Castro is then seen slowing the vehicle down while trying to keep the man away from the wheel.

The post went on to mention that the passenger was later arrested after registering a 0.19 blood alcohol content.

I almost died last night! FR! Picked up this crazy passenger from @cornerpocketsportsbar that tried to grab the steering wheel while we're on the freeway doing 65! So glad I had my dash cam @vantrue_official and that np one was hurt! In the end he was arrested and given a Breathalyzer and blew a point .19! @cornerpocketsportsbar #overserved

Stupid thing was that had he thrown up in my car I would have gotten a $250 cleaning fee but because he only tried to kill me I get nothing had to go home early lost $200 in earnings for the night!

Yea report the pax and uber says, "don't worry to will never get matched up again!"

Jee thanks uber

#13 ·

This sort of thing justifies *not* having an onboard camera around.

'In other news, the body of a man was found by the side of the road, sources say that his blood/alcohol level were 0.19. The man is listed as being in critical condition.' No witnesses.

#24 ·
The guy made a huge mistake. You need to tell the guy to stop and stop him hit the 911 button, call 911 and pull over, turn the car off and take the key out of the ignition and tell the police it's an emergency and if he gets out he's going to run into the road and get killed and cause a major car accident.

#28 ·
What the @@@@ is a pax ? I seriously hate that name for passenger
Just add the (hole) and it will make more sense.

Here he is without the blur lol. Funny how the disco lights (illegal) stopped the party and things go ham
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-uber-passenger-arrested-20190124-story.html%3foutputType=amp
I love it according to the info in the video the rider was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence, lol. I love it that is only fair.

#31 ·

I find slamming their head into dashboard helps.

Worked better with steel dashes.

Attachments

#34 ·
and people wonder why I hate being skinny and constantly obsess about putting on big muscle and weight. I've been at it for 10 years but I think I'm finally making progress. Would have happened much sooner if these stupid rates weren't so low. I'm merely enacting a plan I've had for a long time now. I just needed the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.