• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UBER DRIVER STRUGGLES WITH PASSENGER WHO GRABS AT WHEEL

BurgerTiime

https://abc7news.com/amp/uber-driver-struggles-with-passenger-who-grabs-at-wheel/5101260/
SACRAMENTO, California - It was not a great night on the road for a California Uber driver who had only one arm to use to keep a passenger from going for his steering wheel.

Dax Castro posted a dashcam recording of his struggle with a man sitting in his front seat.

According to Castro on Facebook, the ordeal took place as he was driving the passenger to a downtown Sacramento location, all while traveling at freeway speeds.

"You gotta let go, man!" Castro told the passenger.

In response, the unidentified passenger told Castro, "You gotta trust me, brother," and "I love you, brother."

Castro is then seen slowing the vehicle down while trying to keep the man away from the wheel.

The post went on to mention that the passenger was later arrested after registering a 0.19 blood alcohol content.

I almost died last night! FR! Picked up this crazy passenger from @cornerpocketsportsbar that tried to grab the steering wheel while we're on the freeway doing 65! So glad I had my dash cam @vantrue_official and that np one was hurt! In the end he was arrested and given a Breathalyzer and blew a point .19! @cornerpocketsportsbar #overserved

Stupid thing was that had he thrown up in my car I would have gotten a $250 cleaning fee but because he only tried to kill me I get nothing had to go home early lost $200 in earnings for the night!
But obviously I'm thankful that I'm alive.

#uber #drunk #fullmoon #uberdriver #crazy #suicide #attemptedmurder

Last edited:

Z129

I've had this happen. Some drunk restaurant manager who started quizzing me on the menu of his restaurant, then he just grabbed the wheel with no warning. Drunks are a PIA.

Mr Jinx

https://abc7news.com/amp/uber-driver-struggles-with-passenger-who-grabs-at-wheel/5101260/
SACRAMENTO, California - It was not a great night on the road for a California Uber driver who had only one arm to use to keep a passenger from going for his steering wheel.

Dax Castro posted a dashcam recording of his struggle with a man sitting in his front seat.

According to Castro on Facebook, the ordeal took place as he was driving the passenger to a downtown Sacramento location, all while traveling at freeway speeds.

In response, the unidentified passenger told Castro, "You gotta trust me, brother," and "I love you, brother."

Castro is then seen slowing the vehicle down while trying to keep the man away from the wheel.

The post went on to mention that the passenger was later arrested after registering a 0.19 blood alcohol content.

I almost died last night! FR! Picked up this crazy passenger from @cornerpocketsportsbar that tried to grab the steering wheel while we're on the freeway doing 65! So glad I had my dash cam @vantrue_official and that np one was hurt! In the end he was arrested and given a Breathalyzer and blew a point .19! @cornerpocketsportsbar #overserved

Stupid thing was that had he thrown up in my car I would have gotten a $250 cleaning fee but because he only tried to kill me I get nothing had to go home early lost $200 in earnings for the night!

Yea report the pax and uber says, “don’t worry to will never get matched up again!”

Jee thanks uber

YouBeer

This sort of thing justifies *not* having an onboard camera around.

'In other news, the body of a man was found by the side of the road, sources say that his blood/alcohol level were 0.19. The man is listed as being in critical condition.' No witnesses.

Wonkytonk

Dude seriously needs a custodial sentence mandating time inside a psychiatric facility until he no longer hears the demons. We are looking at some seriously deep seeded issues here...
But we're ok if we've been seeing a Demon around here right?...RIGHT?

welikecamping

For me, that ride would end at the next available offramp. Preferably in the middle of nowhere. There is only one pilot in my car. You can try to navigate, but you touch my controls, you are out the door.

Edit - after watching the video, nope. That ride ends as quickly as I can pull over safely. Followed quickly by a 911 call.