1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Driver Stabbed and Robbed Downtown near Fremont Street

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by Vegas E, Apr 16, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. I have been in a physical altercation with passengers

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vegas E

Vegas E

Driving:
    UberXL
    At first, I was surprised then it came to me. Why would someone try to rob just any old Uber driver who they know does not carry a lot of cash?
    http://www.ktnv.com/news/uber-driver-stabbed-in-downtown-las-vegas
    Drove cab for five years before the United Steel Workers Stabbed all of us in the back and sold us out. Been robbed twice, once at gun point, once by a tweaker with a little Swiss Army knife.
    I have only one thing to say.
    TRUST YOUR INTUITION, IF IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING IS GOING TO GO WRONG, DON'T TAKE THE RIDE!

zanememjade, UberE, Adieu and 5 others like this.
  2. Stuff like this is a little scary but I remind myself it isn't extremely common. I did pick up a pax near Las Vegas Blvd and Lamb last night. Not the best area to a drop off in an even worse area. He didn't speak much English so it was pretty quiet and I felt a little nervous because of the area, it was 4am, and stereotyping based on his appearance. At drop off he was very thankful for the ride and gave me a ten dollar tip. I felt a bit like an ass. lol

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    Scrapperloredo likes this.
  3. I have had only one pax that was scary and I did report to Uber for behavior. They said that I wont pair up with him again. I feel he should have been deactivated from the app. Plenty of news stories about dangerous Uber drivers, how about the pax and Ubers lack of concern? Pretty good story in the making and would be easy to prove through a fake scenario/complaing to Uber.

Male pax around 30 from Venetian to Rio. I drove him to the Rio because I was afraid to stop sooner and have him freak out. He started the trip ranting negatively about black people(taxi driver in front of us I think was black.) Then proceeded to ask me if I wanted to see his dick. Gestured, hands on zipper asking again. Grabbed my hand trying to get me to touch him, lifted up his shirt, etc. His friend called and he was like I have a girl Uber driver! Then talked about me on the phone while half talking to me saying maybe I'm a hooker then about how to get me to their room for sex, oral, and to do blow. Then repeatedly kept asking/telling me to give him a blow job. All the while very angrily ranting about random things and still trying to get me to touch him.

4. Newwber

Newwber

Driving:
    UberX
    Stories like this make me cringe and fill me with the need to apologize on behalf of the male species...... sorry you had to deal with that!!!!

Thats enough and Madmcupcake like this.
  5. Dodge Uber

Dodge Uber

Never be afraid to pull over in a well lighted area with people and make a scene. Get out your car and go over to the people and tell them what's going on. When he grabbed your had and tried to make you touch him that's sexual assault now. If you see a big red dodge SUV on the road with Lyft and uber stickers never be afraid to start waving at me if you need help. If I'm driving and I see even a taxi on th side of the road I slow and see if they are ok. Another driver could be the difference between life and death and since we don't have panic lights like taxis do everyone should try and keep an eye out for each other.

6. Pull into a 7-11 and get out of the car, but since it's your car, pax may cause damages to your vechile. But keep yourself a safe

Dodge Uber and Madmcupcake like this.
  7. Thanks guys! Unfortunately GPS took us around the back way to the Rio and it was just dead the whole trip! Even outside the Rio near the pick up spot. I had mace in hand that I keep next to me in the door. Thinking of just bringing one of my guns and ignoring Ubers policy. If I have to use it then I probably wouldn't care about facing deactivation.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    marcusguber, grams777 and Banditjump like this.
  8. Vegas E

Vegas E

Driving:
    UberXL
    I totally agree with you. I carry several weapons each of various severity. Rather be unemployed than dead.

9. Squirming Like A Toad

Squirming Like A Toad

Driving:
    UberXL
    That's one you should have reported to the police, once he grabbed your hand and tried to put it on his parts. Sounds like that guy was on the rape path.

Anything in that area beyond Downtown is bad news, nothing good happens there.

grams777 likes this.
  10. Rugar45

Rugar45

Yo
    Are you kidding...you are out that late?! I worked midnight to 12 for a year with one of the cab companies and four years 330 to 3:30 PM, if you're a young attractive female you shouldn't be out here that late. If you are out here late take care....

11. Why
    why are you driving so late. And why did you pick anyone from north Las Vegas. Not smart on your part. I drive from 5am to 2pm only. Just do airport runs. Will not work nights. Creeps and axxholes comes out at night.

12. Adieu

Adieu

Driving:
    UberXL
    4am is pretty much safe hours... unless they "forgot keys", no destination turn by turn, please wait here, step outside call someone step inside the shadiest ghetto house on the block, return a minute later all happy and want to be dropped off at pickup point

In SoCal safe hours kick in around 3:00, and are in full swing by 330,,, once the bartenders etc get home, barristas head to work... after that, airport opening rush...then the first shifts of crappy retail and assoarted bluecollars head to work, mostly broke down cars and ditched by designatrd drivers bailing on em

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  13. Vegas E

Vegas E

Driving:
    UberXL
    I always make the customer put the destination into the app. One of the best benefits of driving Uber is that you don't have to go to work unarmed. If you are going to work the nightshift be prepared.

Lvspy23 likes this.