• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber driver shot in San Antonio, car jacked.

Terri Lee

SAN ANTONIO — Police said a man was shot and his car was stolen during a suspected carjacking on the southwest side on Thursday morning.

According to investigators, the victim is believed to be an Uber driver who was driving two suspects along New Laredo Highway near Southwest Military Drive.

At about 8:15 a.m., the driver was shot by the suspects. He got out of the car and stumbled to a nearby muffler shop for help.
Post automatically merged:

Texas citizen

This has becoming an issue for sometime now. People tend to believe Uber is a cab and it is not. People need to understand when you register with Uber, your credit card is on record. Drivers DO NOT CARRY CASH!!! Drivers beware of your surroundings, you pull up on a call and it does not feel right, back out! Go by your first instincts. Fortunately the driver from yesterday is in better condition. Uber San Antonio should set up some sort of account to assist this driver.

MHR

One suspect arrested, 18 years old. Still looking for the second suspect.

At least the driver won’t be deactivated for taking a minor.

Oh, the one arrested was on surveillance purchasing an Uber gift card before the incident.

Texas citizen

Deactivated, what does that mean? I pick up minors going to and from school all the time. Besides 18 yrs. is considered adult.

Time to start having young people take hoodies from their face and invest in dash cams. This is going to put the South/southeast side of SA in a bad light. I have taken truck drivers to the lots on Hwy 16 in Von Ormy many times, but will turn off app coming out.

MHR

We are not allowed to transport anyone under the age of 18. At least 1 pax has to be 18 or older.

The Von Ormy truckers are good rides. That’s the group that educated me on the hookers that prowl the hallways over at the hotel. :eek:

MHR

Parents know, they don’t care. Lots and lots of threads about it here on the forum.

You can search minors or unaccompanied minors if you so desire.

Texas citizen

If I could suggest; setting up a jar for Ken at Uber on West Ave. How much does Uber insurance cover in this type incident? He is going thru another surgery today.

valuber

Thank you for posting this about the Uber driver that was shot twice. I did not see that on the news. Very informative. I hope the Uber driver is okay and out of the hospital.

The Community Guidelines policy is that Uber Drivers will not discriminate against AGE. This says that no one should ever be deactivated for picking up a minor because the Community Guideline policy prohibits age discrimination.

The Community Guidelines policy is that Uber Drivers will not discriminate against AGE. This says that no one should ever be deactivated for picking up a minor because the Community Guideline policy prohibits age discrimination.

Last edited: