1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber driver shoots and kills his passenger

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Jun 1, 2018.

1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/01/uber-driver-fatal-shooting-i-25-denver/

Denver police question Uber driver who allegedly shot, killed a client on I-25
    Southbound lanes of I-25 at University Boulevard will be closed though the rush hour, police say
    [​IMG]

Denver police are questioning an Uber driver for investigation of allegedly fatally shooting a client early Friday morning on southbound Interstate 25, triggering a shutdown of the highway’s southbound lanes at University Boulevard through the commute, according to media reports.

The shooting occurred at about 3 a.m.
    The vehicle, identified by Fox 31 Denver as a silver sedan, veered off the road and hit a wall on a highway ramp
    [​IMG]

Police said the driver shot the passenger, an adult male, multiple times. According to emergency dispatch communications, the driver called 911 to report the shooting.

Officers on the scene attempted to perform CPR on the passenger but the man was pronounced dead.

The names of the Uber customer and driver have not been released. The shooting happened before 3 a.m. near the University exit. A car crashed into the concrete barrier at the median.
    [​IMG]

Denver police declined to confirm reports by several media outlets that the incident involved an Uber driver.

Marika Putnam, Denver police spokeswoman, said the highway will be closed at least through the rush hour while police look for evidence.

Uber, on its website, says guns are not allowed in its vehicles.

"Our goal is to ensure that everyone has a safe and reliable ride," it says. "That's why Uber prohibits riders and drivers from carrying firearms of any kind in a vehicle while using our app."

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    tohunt4me and Cdub2k like this.
  2. TimyTim

TimyTim Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    No chance to use the emergency option!
    [​IMG]

3. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Another pax who was threatening to 1* a driver??!

4. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Finally someone does what we have all been thinking about.

"Try to give me directions one more time and see what happens!"

5. mikes424

mikes424 Well-Known Member

Told the driver "I'll tip you in the app?"

6. OrlUberOffDriver

OrlUberOffDriver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  7. Pax Collector

Pax Collector Well-Known Member

Oh, that's an easy one; Threaten someone with great bodily harm, for starters?

8. homelesslawnmowers

homelesslawnmowers Member

more dead bodies the better whats done in the dark will eventually come to light

sorry this has to happen but evil needs to be exposed im suprised more drivers arent going postal

$2 can make you see red when you have nothing to lose & you spent $5+ to "earn" it

9. OrlUberOffDriver

OrlUberOffDriver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Pax looks like was seating in the front seat and wanted to change radio tunes.
    Driver: no mofo, you wanna die today?

10. Pax Collector

Pax Collector Well-Known Member

"Do you, mofo? Do you? Get your stinky claws off my radio!"

Hopefully driver had a dashcam and we'll get to see what happened.

11. homelesslawnmowers

lost his job but not his life

should show riders some drivers not punks & roll strapped

good thing pax had a new feature that requires 4 swipes & a press to call 911

cabs dont have partitions to protect riders just saying lol

to me you gotta be crazy to work those hours but 3am far from airports it starts up, more around 4am but might as well get an extra one

gotta know when to cancel & ignore

tohunt4me and uberdriverfornow like this.
  12. KellyC

KellyC Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  13. mrpjfresh

mrpjfresh Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I feel bad laughing because I am picturing Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan in Rush Hour. " Ahhh... Beach Boys!"

Maybe I've been lucky, but I cannot say that I have ever wanted to shoot a pax dead.

14. homelesslawnmowers

grapevine says argument passenger pulled gun, driver wasn't no punk wasn't bout to get his card pulled, said no taco bell for you, & won suffering minor injuries in the process

just think 2:45 am probably a $10 trip two people in a car both strapped

will uber charge dead rider & award driver a cleaning fee or deactivate & make em call in a real cleaner

images(29).jpg

this is Americans

15. rembrandt

rembrandt Well-Known Member

It will be a game changer once it happens in each and every state. Passangers must be subservient to the drivers. If not, take a cab or drive your own vehicle.

16. KellyC

KellyC Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Lol, neither have I, though I've wanted to punch one or two.

I continue to think that it's an extremely bad idea for rideshare drivers to carry guns.

Insanity.

Hope there's dashcam footage.

tohunt4me and OrlUberOffDriver like this.
  17. rembrandt

rembrandt Well-Known Member

This is the ultimate price to pay when passangers become ‘ultra-entitled’ on a cheap ride.

18. homelesslawnmowers

not bad at all id rather have my life than an uber gig

gun saved his life he can still drive today, talk & make memories with his loved ones, the 2 tacos he was getting for the trip he can still enjoy

19. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Well-Known Member

He will be permanently deactivated due to "No firearm law", but at least he lives. He will still have to go to court and all of that, and if convicted he can face manslaughter or other charges. Personally I don't carry firearms and let God protect me, a gun may not be able to save me if another person is shooting at me. It sounds like they are not even sure if he was in an Uber ride when this happened. They may have just saw his Uber stickers on windshield.

"Jackson said authorities were in contact with Uber and it was unclear if the shooting occurred while the driver was on a job. Prosecutors had not announced any charges as of early Friday morning."

uberdriverfornow likes this.
  20. Kodyhead

Kodyhead Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I agree, I usually like to shoot people in a wooded area or desert