Uber driver robbed last night at gunpoint, passenger pickup in mason

acrossthecity

An Uber driver, picked up a passenger in Mason and was robbed at gunpoint...last night.
Mason is a typically very safe, neighborhood in the northern Cincinnati suburbs ....robber sent driver unaware , to an abandoned house as the drop off location .
Something needs to be done on Ubers behalf .. to have option for driver to record in trip mode...from inside the Uber app .. A driver can't push a 911 button in the process of robbery.
Dash cams don't help in these situations..robbers will yank them off dash and take the camera with them .

I would like to see technology improved to know if you're going or bring directed to an abandoned house? How is this possible? Well perhaps if Uber is connected to realtor.com or online website data..source....then driver might be able to know thry're bring sent to an abandoned house or building...
Every city clerks office should have the data on the addresses of condemned, abandoned houses and Uber needs to do something to make sure drivers are NOT pulling into an abandoned properties. It would help security measures.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Uberchampion

An Uber driver, picked up a passenger in Mason and was robbed at gunpoint...last night.
Mason is a typically very safe, neighborhood in the northern Cincinnati suburbs ....robber sent driver unaware , to an abandoned house as the drop off location .
Something needs to be done on Ubers behalf .. to have option for driver to record in trip mode...from inside the Uber app .. A driver can't push a 911 button in the process of robbery.
Dash cams don't help in these situations..robbers will yank them off dash and take the camera with them .

I would like to see technology improved to know if you're going or bring directed to an abandoned house? How is this possible? Well perhaps if Uber is connected to realtor.com or online website data..source....then driver might be able to know thry're bring sent to an abandoned house or building...
Every city clerks office should have the data on the addresses of condemned, abandoned houses and Uber needs to do something to make sure drivers are NOT pulling into an abandoned properties. It would help security measures.

Thoughts?
There are dashcams that automatically backup to the cloud. But you are right. It wont stop the crime, only help solve it.

Personally, I have absolutely nothing on me except my phone and keys when I uber. My D/L is with my insurance in the glovebox and I use my phone to pay for everything