• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Driver Is Stabbed to Death in the Bronx

BurgerTiime

A 27-year-old Uber driver was fatally stabbed in the Bronx on Saturday night, and the police are searching for the attacker, officials said.
The driver, Ganiou Gandonou, was found shortly after 9 p.m. seated inside a black Toyota Camry with stab wounds to his neck and torso, the police said. He was taken from the car, which was parked on the Hutchinson River Parkway East, to Jacobi Medical Center, where he died.
The police are looking into whether Mr. Gandonou’s death began as a robbery.
Mr. Gandonou was a licensed for-hire vehicle driver affiliated with Uber, according to a city database. It is unclear if Mr. Gandonou was working at the time of the attack.
An Uber spokesman, Grant Klinzman, called his death “a horribly tragic incident” and said “our hearts go out to the grieving family.”

Violence and threats are a part of the job, said Bhairavi Desai, executive director of the New York Taxi Workers Alliance.
“Knowing how to protect yourself from crime is as critical to a driver as knowing the names of streets and avenues,” Ms. Desai said. “It’s a part of their day-to-day life behind the wheel.”

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
This is why I get so pissy at single pax who want to try and sit directly behind me. Makes me want to slide sheet metal up inside the back of my driver's seat cover. Can do little about my head and neck but at least I could prevent getting shanked from behind.

bonum exactoris

This is why I get so pissy at single pax who want to try and sit directly behind me. Makes me want to slide sheet metal up inside the back of my driver's seat cover. Can do little about my head and neck but at least I could prevent getting shanked from behind.
joe Pesci in goodfellas kills Morrie from the car’s backseat by sticking an ice pick in the back of Morri’s exposed neck

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
joe Pesci in goodfellas kills Morrie from the car’s backseat by sticking an ice pick in the back of Morri’s exposed neck
I'm a short Italian female ( who loves Joe Pesci and has seen all his films) and I have very high bucket seats in my car that look like they are swallowing me. It would be very hard to reach my neck without partially climbing over the back of the seat. By then I will have noticed and have already slammed on the brakes sending them off balance, and reaching for my bear mace in my drivers door pocket, while reaching for the door handle to get out at the same time.

Screw the car at that point.

bonum exactoris

I'm a short Italian female ( who loves Joe Pesci and has seen all his films) and I have very high bucket seats in my car that look like they are swallowing me. It would be very hard to reach my neck without partially climbing over the back of the seat. By then I will have noticed and have already slammed on the brakes sending them off balance, and reaching for my bear mace in my drivers door pocket, while reaching for the door handle to get out at the same time.

Screw the car at that point.
Morrie bought the farm in a ‘79 Seville. No high back seating.
You’re good ?
There’s a joke we tell in the Army. We can settle the Middle East issue with 6 US troop divisions (~ 120k personnel) OR 1000 Italian women

Last edited:

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
I'm pretty new to the rideshare thing. So you can't open or concealed carry and drive Uber, even when it's legal in your city/state?
No its against Uber's TOS. I have a concealed weapons permit, and concealed weapons are legal in Washington, but not legal in Uber's world. So you have to really ask yourself......what's more important, your job or your life?

tohunt4me

I
No its against Uber's TOS. I have a concealed weapons permit, and concealed weapons are legal in Washington, but not legal in Uber's world. So you have to really ask yourself......what's more important, your job or your life?
Incentive to hide the body.

What shooting ?

What gun ?

P.S. - blued steel cuts easily with a torch.

Avoid stainless for " disposable" weapons.

A handgun can become a ball of steel in 20 minutes.

BigBadJohn

That's a tough one.....

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
I

Incentive to hide the body.

What shooting ?

What gun ?

P.S. - blued steel cuts easily with a torch.

Avoid stainless for " disposable" weapons.

A handgun can become a ball of steel in 20 minutes.
Naw. If you, as a citizen with the right to protect your own life, shoot someone, you need to notify the police and contact a lawyer. Any attempt to lie or destroy evidence is just going to screw you over in the long run.

Your method is more suited to a mob hit. Haha.

mbd

They have 8-10 different quotes

One of them is " we are saddened by the loss "
Uber corporate partying next weekend, nobody will be thinking about the dead person ... I am sure some social causes charity bs will be part of the plan next week.

tohunt4me

They have 8-10 different quotes

One of them is " we are saddened by the loss "
Uber corporate partying next weekend, nobody will be thinking about the dead person ... I am sure some social causes charity bs will be part of the plan next week.
Ever see UBER sponsor a Charity for ANY DRIVER who died driving for them !?!?

A UNION WOULD !
Post automatically merged:

Naw. If you, as a citizen with the right to protect your own life, shoot someone, you need to notify the police and contact a lawyer. Any attempt to lie or destroy evidence is just going to screw you over in the long run.

Your method is more suited to a mob hit. Haha.
Damn stainless wont cut with a torch !

Have to put gun in a vice and drill rifling out of barrel to destroy ballistics . . .

Last edited:

The Gift of Fish

Morrie bought the farm in a ‘79 Seville. No high back seating.
You’re good ?
There’s a joke we tell in the Army. We can settle the Middle East issue with 6 US troop divisions (~ 120k personnel) OR 1000 Italian women

Back then they made car radiator grilles look like the Parthenon. Total class. It was a sad day for America when they stopped basing car design on Roman buildings. I blame the Japanese.

I Aint Jo Mama

I never ever let a single Pax get behind me. F that. I will cancel and kick them out if they refuse

bonum exactoris

Back then they made car radiator grilles look like the Parthenon. Total class. It was a sad day for America when they stopped basing car design on Roman buildings. I blame the Japanese.
Actually that “Parthenon” grill was After-Market add on by car owner, not factory.
Stock Seville Grill was caddy understated elegant “egg crate” style