Uber Driver in Queensland charged with Rape, denied Bail!

Akong

Enough is enough. One is innocent till proven guilty, but if this character is found guilt than the courts should make an example and throw the keys away and let him rot in prison. Bastard......

What's up with Qld drivers?

This is the 3rd case this year?
Mulder for your dancing and pleasure according to QLD police it's the 5th case in recent months. This is called innovation where our women are getting raped by Uber drivers. Shame on all politicians who let this beast in by discarding all of the cheques and balances that the taxi industry had.

5th , apparently.
Mulder is bit slow in catching up..

ZacHudson777

Probably a cab driver. I can't for the life of me, understand how the cab industry got away with the appalling non-service they didn't offer the public.

Dr. Pax

Probably a cab driver. I can't for the life of me, understand how the cab industry got away with the appalling non-service they didn't offer the public.
ZERO competition.
As soon as some competition show up, they stumble and cry...

everythingsuber

Wouldn't describe rape as " servicing the public " and there's nothing to suggest that this is anything but an Uber driver taking advantage of Ubers lack of security cameras fitted to their cars.

john23125

why would think camera will stop someone assaulting others....i think these are cabs drivers trying to damage uber image. .. i personal think uber has a better security than cabs... as you always know who you are carrying and vise versa.....

Google is your answer if you want to find out how many cases of rapes in the taxi...in past years. ... many of them indeed...
this was happening all the time...
yes any asaulted should been taken as asault i don't care who does..just lock up the basterds...

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-wo...aint-dismissed-by-police-20151124-gl6l2x.html

fields

You clearly didn't read the story. The alleged rapist is an Indian hospitality student. The chances of him having been a cab driver are somewhat remote.

I question how someone from India, who is just 24 and a student can possibly have been in possession of a full Queensland drivers license for at a minimum the past 14 months.

huxtee

Wouldn't describe rape as " servicing the public " and there's nothing to suggest that this is anything but an Uber driver taking advantage of Ubers lack of security cameras fitted to their cars.

Very tragic event, but is it not unfair to make all Uber drivers, who the grand majority are decent law abiding people, punished to invest a few grand in a security camera.

We have female Uber drivers who are too scared to work at night due to roudy male paxes and vulnerable highly intoxicated female paxes. Why don't Uber make a feature like UberAssist where female riders can request a female driver.

Timothy68

You clearly didn't read the story. The alleged rapist is an Indian hospitality student. The chances of him having been a cab driver are somewhat remote.

I question how someone from India, who is just 24 and a student can possibly have been in possession of a full Queensland drivers license for at a minimum the past 14 months.
I am about to ask the same question as you.

everythingsuber

Very tragic event, but is it not unfair to make all Uber drivers, who the grand majority are decent law abiding people, punished to invest a few grand in a security camera.

We have female Uber drivers who are too scared to work at night due to roudy male paxes and vulnerable highly intoxicated female paxes. Why don't Uber make a feature like UberAssist where female riders can request a female driver.

Now the ability to request a female driver would suggest that male drivers are a risk. Uber is not about to do that. The camera would be the cost of doing business. Not unlike a car. Tax deductible. Uber can charge an extra dollar a ride to cover cost. It's not difficult or expensive.
Uber has to make the job more attractive of course to stop turnover of drivers and get some commitment. That's the problem Uber won't make the job something people will invest in.