1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber Driver from Tampa FL

Discussion in 'People' started by RideOrDieUber, Oct 23, 2015.

1. RideOrDieUber

RideOrDieUber New Member

Hello everyone, I'm currently driving with uber and it has a fair experience so far. looking forward to make new friends.

Whitewecca and Kembolicous like this.
  2. Gwynn

Gwynn New Member

Hi there! I'm stuck in Tampa because my car broke down. The Taxi companies have cost me a fortune. I don't have a smart phone and my old cell is being held hostage by the cab co that brought me to Clarion. How do I get a ride from you without that?

3. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Pay your cab fare next time, or don't leave it in the taxi.

Those are the two causes of having them hold your phone hostage, If you can figure out how to get TO the cab shop and you don't owe them money, you should just be able to pick it up. if you cant get to the shop, the company is legally entitled to charge you the meter to return the item. You might be able to get it mailed but that doesn't help you.

If the driver demanded your cell phone because you can't pay your fare, well your lucky you weren't put in county lockup. Because that's possible if you cant pay.

What your asking puts the uber/lyft driver in EXTREME RISK. I wish i could tell you otherwise, but if you go this route, there is ZERO insurance coverage for anything that happens to you. The driver could get hit by a DUI driver and you could break your neck (no joke) and there would literally be NO ONE to SUCCESSFULLY sue, you could sue the driver, he could be forced to pay, but you would never actually get anything.

BostonTaxiDriver likes this.
  4. Gwynn

Gwynn New Member

I'm sure you did not intend to come across the way you did, at least I hope not. I paid the cab driver and did not suggest I didn't. One cab charged me $20 to take me what should have been 6 miles. Took me the long way of course. I had no recourse. The next day another driver charged me $10 to go 2 miles. I questioned the charge. I called back in 5 minutes to say I'd left my phone. 2 hours later I learned he refused to bring it back, to a local hotel on an interstate I assumed he travelled regularly. They informed my it would cost $25 to bring it to me. I chose to pick it up the next day. You are offensive. All I asked was, could I get service without a smart phone. I will never use UBER.

5. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Yeah... you lost your phone. I should have guessed that first, sorry to make the inference you didn't pay your cab bill... you made the right choice by just picking it up yourself to bed honest, as long as you can make it to the shop.

The reason why it will cost $25 is that it doesn't matter whether they have a customer in their car or not, it costs the same amount for them to drive it to you. You are very lucky because this forum is absolutely FILLED with not only stories of uber drivers throwing away lost articles, but also suggesting others do the same. Wouldn't that have sucked?

As for my harsh tone to not take an uber from some random guy you found on here... I intended to be harsh. Not everyone understands the realities or risks in driving someone with no coverage or even being a passenger with no coverage.

You can get service without a smart phone, however... it's a REALLY bad idea. For some reason people think that a properly signed up uber car has some sort of insurance 24/7 but the truth is that most of the Ubers on the road only have commercial insurance while the meter is running. Tampa is one of these places where this is the case.

So in Tampa, without a smart phone, you are either paying taxi rates, or getting into an uninsured for-hire car.

6. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

She can order from a pc.

7. Kembolicous

Kembolicous Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Why Hello there!! How ya doing?

8. James Ruhle

James Ruhle New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    New here as well, from Miami. I'm driving around Florida and jumping to cities outside FL at times.

Sonya12 likes this.