Uber Driver Flips Out On Passenger.

Tysmith95

This guy was really mad. Do you blame him or the passenger?

It's hard to tell, because we didn't see the beginning of the exchange.

What I see is a woman who refuses to get out of a strangers car, and a guy who keeps screaming and should learn to calm down.

Jaackil

She obviously is baiting him. Why didn't she just get out of the car? Instead she videos him and keeps baiting him. The guy is obviously an ass but she just stayed and escalated him for the sole purpose of videoing him. What kind of a hole does that?

Hugh J

From what I gathered is that she put in a destination, that destination was reached. She needed to go to another part of the hospital but the driver wasn't going anywhere - destination reached means the ride is over (for him) if it was around the corner I'd drop her off, but if it was more minutes away then I would try to explain the situation as calmly as I can.

She knew she could've gone out and walked to the emergency room by asking directions from the hospital staff but the driver getting furious about it is overkill.

The more I see these videos it really doesn't make me want to drive. Sure you have a dash cam but it's just you by yourself when you have a car full of drunks and/or idiots that feel entitled because you're a POS driver for a rideshare company.

ROTA

i belive she did something before that, its really impossible for this guy get so mad just because of that

NHDriver

She obviously is baiting him. Why didn't she just get out of the car? Instead she videos him and keeps baiting him. The guy is obviously an ass but she just stayed and escalated him for the sole purpose of videoing him. What kind of a hole does that?
one that wants to monetize the video on youtube.

cdm813

Absolutely no reason for the driver to act like that regardless of what transpired previously. Ask nicely once, ask firmly second, and then call police.

This guy clearly is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.

NHDriver

I have had only a couple of unruly pax. If it comes to the point (only twice for me so far (1847 rides on Uber, 250 Lyft) I just get very silent and sit there. After a few minutes I say very calmly, two things are going to happen now, either you leave the vehicle or I drive to the police station, time to make a decision. I put my car in drive, cam rolling, and ask,, OK your call, what's it going to be? Both times they left the vehicle.

ROTA

I have had only a couple of unruly pax. If it comes to the point (only twice for me so far (1847 rides on Uber, 250 Lyft) I just get very silent and sit there. After a few minutes I say very calmly, two things are going to happen now, either you leave the vehicle or I drive to the police station, time to make a decision. I put my car in drive, cam rolling, and ask,, OK your call, what's it going to be? Both times they left the vehicle.
thats a smart one, i liked

Jaackil

Absolutely no reason for the driver to act like that regardless of what transpired previously. Ask nicely once, ask firmly second, and then call police.

This guy clearly is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.
That is true but the fact that she continues to bait him while taking video can not be ignored either

cdm813

Best to call police. If you move away from the rider's destination it could be considered kidnapping. No proof you were going to the police station.

Ghwwe72

This guy totally handled it wrong! But no matter how he handled it the passenger would have made stuff up and Uber would have put his account on hold to do an investigation. Granted acting like he did and the passenger having video totally screwed this guy over

NHDriver

This guy totally handled it wrong! But no matter how he handled it the passenger would have made stuff up and Uber would have put his account on hold to do an investigation. Granted acting like he did and the passenger having video totally screwed this guy over
Correct because you already get one side of the story after it had already had escalated.

Ghwwe72

Correct because you already get one side of the story after it had already had escalated.
The thing is even with dash cam footage etc to back you up, Uber/Lyft will still side with the passenger deactivate you then ask for your side(oh and do so without giving you any details)!

This guy definitely had anger issues though and his handling of the situation regardless of what caused just makes him look bad.

UberMor

Man I need an F'ing dashcam. Obviously something happened before she started filming but Dude needs to learn how to ract with riders like this. She needs to go to the emergency room but its suddenly more important to grab a video in hopes of going viral. No priorities with her.