1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber driver charged with asault

Discussion in 'Melbourne' started by Bronybax, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Bronybax

Bronybax Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Picked up a pax today and told me that he had laid charges against his uber driver. Story is.... Pax gets a uber most days to work and then home. He tells me that when he books a uber the last three weeks that they then call him to ask where he is going. He tells them and they r all, Saying, yep will be there and then they cancel. He says because of this i have become very late for work . The pax did a 14 hour shift the other day and at 1 am requested a uber and driver again rang him to see where his des was and this time the pax said city! As he is so pi...ed off. So got in car and directed uber driver to his home. Uber driver got angry saying he just wants a trip to get him back to altona. Uber driver stops car and orders pax to get out, Two mins away from his home.and pax say no, hense uber driver gets out and trys to drag and physically abuses pax with punches, as pax still had seatbelt attatched. Manages to undo it and was left on side of road batted and bruised. Pax Call police and police got him to his des. Charges have been laid and diver deactivated. Pax r just so feed up with this call and cancel crap. Uber drivers who r doing this, go back to town!.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Ivy25, malbi, Gmelbourne and 8 others like this.
  2. offline4SURGE

offline4SURGE Well-Known Member

ubers fault for such filthy base rates.

3. ubermercury

ubermercury Well-Known Member

We have flogs on this forum supporting such practices.

Uber needs to deactivate any driver who calls and then cancels. Maybe one warning . Plenty of riders are complaining so it's not as if Uber is not aware.

Ivy25, UBERPEEP, Gmelbourne and 3 others like this.
  4. Punjabi Driver

Punjabi Driver Well-Known Member

not surprised. That's what happen after 1 year of ubering

I just lodged my tax returns. Here are stats

Revenue $72k
    Take home income $27k after all the expenses (after GST, income tax, fuel, toll, car maintenance)

Next time if a passenger try to mess with me, I will not hesitate to beat his ass and leave him near dead on road. It's free to live in jail funded by tax payers rather working your ass off and giving everything back to banks, landlord

HumungousDill, daredevil and Potsy like this.
  5. offline4SURGE

offline4SURGE Well-Known Member

pax shouldn't have lied, as a sub contractor driver, I need to know my destination if filtering.

daredevil, Invincible and UXDriver like this.

6. Bronybax

Driving:
    UberX
    27k is better than centerlink. And u r a functioning humanbeing! Maybe get a financial advisor.maybe could save u a cent or two.

Claian, office jerk and Jackpots like this.
  7. Bronybax

Driving:
    UberX
    Sorry not ubers fault, stupid selfive uber driver.

8. Bronybax

Driving:
    UberX
    Seriously if was was relying on uber to get me to work and back, and this was happening to me i would get p....sed off and would probably do sa
    Same so i could get picked up. Yet he probably felt he had no other option( to get regular trip home after work). I take my hat off to him as so many drivers r doing this. I hope he wins His case.

Ivy25, ricdam and Jackpots like this.
  9. Digaredd

Digaredd Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That sums uber up perfectly, better than centrelink, worse than everything else! :p

10. Footscrazy

Footscrazy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Bloody awful BronybaxBronybax ! And the driver was from Altona, giving us Westies a bad name

AusChameleon likes this.
  11. HotSniper

HotSniper Well-Known Member

Brony that is sad,so sad i feel for the paxs,i will never do that kind of thing,its horribke feeling i wish these drivers get thrown out makes it look bad for all of us.I try and do the right thing even if i have to drive my paxs homw for nothing.God nothing is a sure thing and its all becoming like the cabbie industry.All Uber drivers should have compassionAll in all bronx i agree with you

Ivy25, Bronybax, AusChameleon and 2 others like this.
  12. Bronybax

Driving:
    UberX
    perfect balance!. For some

13. Bronybax

Driving:
    UberX
    Agree uber need to deactivate these drivers asap!

14. Punjabi Driver

Punjabi Driver Well-Known Member

Yeah uber need to deactivate me base on cancellation because as an independent rideshare driver, I don't want to do some specific unprofitable trips.

Hello Australian courts, am I an independent contractor or an employee???

5starMelb, uberlol, kcdrvr15 and 2 others like this.
  15. Digaredd

Driving:
    UberX
    Telling that the call and cancels have only been happening the last few weeks, since our camry leasing brethren have been swarming all over the place. Surely their cancellation rate must be pretty high? Maybe they get more leeway as leasing from an uber business partner.. which is BS..

Bronybax and sporadic like this.
  16. Damo66

Damo66 Well-Known Member

Uber needs to clamp down on this behaviour. If service levels continue to decline like this then pax will start abandoning Uber in droves and the good drivers will be even worse off than they are now.

17. HotSniper

HotSniper Well-Known Member

All Uber driver,if you dont want to accept pings no matter the travel time dont accept simple.Whatever you choose to do dont accept its all upto you.This cold calling its not acceptable.

Claian likes this.
  18. Bronybax

Driving:
    UberX
    You r so right. My pax was just a good pax relying on reliable uber service, up until three weeks ago. Now its just request from pax and cancel from driver. And all melb drivers down here doing it,. Brag about their surge only, yet r all down here with no surge. Its a joke!

Jackpots and HotSniper like this.
  19. Digaredd

Driving:
    UberX
    I've got no idea why these morons are even here, they drive an hour or more to get here to work all night at base rates then drive over an hour back, makes no sense?? And also pulling crap like this, uber really need to sort it out..

20. Bronybax

Driving:
    UberX
    Totally agree with u digger. Good luck to some that can yet dont need the regular call, cancel down here. We dont do that s..t down here. We hopefully r good reliable ants. God i hope u agree with me. Lol