Uber driver caught 5 times over the BAC limit !!

ghs

An Uber driver has lost his licence and his job after allegedly being caught driving more than five times over the legal alcohol limit, with paying passengers in his car, on Anzac Day.

Police nabbed the ride-share driver at a testing station on Mead St, Birkenhead, about 2.15pm, on April 25.

The 38-year-old Birkenhead man allegedly returned a reading of 0.252.
He was reported for drink driving and instantly lost his licence for 12 months.

His car was also impounded for 28 days.

A spokeswoman for Uber said the ride-share company had sacked the driver following the incident.

“We have a zero-tolerance policy for any alcohol or drugs on the app, which all driver-partners agree to when they sign up,” she said.

“Upon receiving this report we immediately removed the individual’s access to the app.

“Every week tens of thousands of driver partners across Australia help people get home safely and avoid drink driving, which makes this report all the more disappointing.”

Bostic

Thread title is incorrect.
From what I see the BAC in SA for Taxi is zero and if like NSW then Rideshare is zero as well not .05
He was not 5 times over the limit, he was just stupid.

President

In NSW it is 0.02 BAC for taxi and rideshare
Whether it’s 0.02 or 0.05 is irrelevant. As a professional driver one must go with the understanding that it’s 0.00. If any clown even has a sip of alcohol, then they should be dealt according to law and barred fro the Uber platform for life. No ifs and buts.
Post automatically merged:

Through the kitchen sink and book at these clowns. They are tarnishing the Uber brand and that’s not acceptable.

Through the kitchen sink and book at these clowns. They are tarnishing the Uber brand and that’s not acceptable.

Heisenberg 99.1%

0.02 is one small drink. Wouldn't have any effect on a professional like me, but I totally get that even a sip (or a whiff even) would be totally disastrous in your case.
So if you do ever stop being a wannabe and eventually do drive prez you should definitely stay off the sauce. Actually don't even drive on a panadol.

Last edited by a moderator:

ST DYMPHNA son

Whether it’s 0.02 or 0.05 is irrelevant. As a professional driver one must go with the understanding that it’s 0.00. If any clown even has a sip of alcohol, then they should be dealt according to law and barred fro the Uber platform for life. No ifs and buts.

...you really made me laugh...twice....
...do they make you go "Through the kitchen sink and book" ????; :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
...go and ask some nurse what's wrong with what you wrote???...

minnoshh

what happens when your not working but register a reading between 0.02 and 0.05 and you have your uber sticker on.

President

...Mods,thank you very much...:smiles:
What are you thanking mods for?

Throw the kitchen sink at you...... perhaps!!
No fighting. If you don’t have anything good to say, then shooosh

what happens when your not working but register a reading between 0.02 and 0.05 and you have your uber sticker on.
What do you think will happen?

ST DYMPHNA son

What are you thanking mods for?

No fighting. If you don’t have anything good to say, then shooosh

What do you think will happen?
...don't flatter yourself...one fight with with a respectable opponent but you have nothing to offer to fight for...read back your posts if you don't believe me...the best thing you could do is to just be gone...

P.S. I appreciated Mods for getting rid of a Troll...

President

...don't flatter yourself...one fight with with a respectable opponent but you have nothing to offer to fight for...read back your posts if you don't believe me...the best thing you could do is to just be gone...
I’m from now ignoring you. Good bye