uber driver cant use uber

Bmorekirk22

so ive been driving with uber for about 2 weeks now. i tried to use uber for the first time this morning as a rider and was not allowed because i have a prepaid credit card....keep in mind it is the same account that i get my uber payments directly deposited to.......WTF UBER

Another Uber Driver

^^^What he said^^^^^

I have e-Mail addresses with several different providers all with the same ID name. I have one for Uber Taxi, one for UberX and one for the customer application. I have taken only one Uber ride, an UberX, and yes, I tipped the driver, and, yes, in cash.

uberdriver

so ive been driving with uber for about 2 weeks now. i tried to use uber for the first time this morning as a rider and was not allowed because i have a prepaid credit card....keep in mind it is the same account that i get my uber payments directly deposited to.......WTF UBER
Just use a different email address than your driver account
First, his email address(es) do(es) not matter. He can't use a passenger account because he is trying to do so paying with a prepaid card. Many types of prepaid cards are not accepted by Uber as a means of payment for passengers (there is some controversy about which prepaid cards are accepted and which are not).

There is logic in Uber accepting his card as a means of payment for a driver account and not for a passenger account. In the former, Uber is going to put money into it. There is no financial risk for Uber. In the latter, Uber runs the risk that a passenger goes on a long expensive ride, and when it is time to charge the card for the final fare amount, the card has a much lower balance in it, thus Uber not being able to collect the fare.

Bart McCoy

First, his email address(es) do(es) not matter. He can't use a passenger account because he is trying to do so paying with a prepaid card. Many types of prepaid cards are not accepted by Uber as a means of payment for passengers (there is some controversy about which prepaid cards are accepted and which are not).

Wrong. Read my old post and others about this. The email does matter. All this means is that he has 2 issues going on besides just the prepaid