Uber- Driver Cancelations- new app feature

DRIVER-99

Uber recently changed their system so that when you have a ride in progress you are offered the next ride. that system works well until you're ready to stop driving. Before you reach the destination the app offers a ridem and when you turn it down, here comes another one. the situation interferes with the ability to navigate to the final destination, and then ultimately you are charged with numerous cancellations. This seems to happen every day. when i'm ready to quit, or when I want to stop for a break. i have provided feedback and still waiting for something to change

emmhope

Sometimes I give up and just accept lol the thing just doesn’t stop beeping ! like fine and now Shut up !!!

You might think that why not go hit stop requests but it’s not that simple when you are on the road on Bush during traffic, 2 seconds distracted and nobody will let you into the turning lane

dennis09

Before you reach the destination the app offers a ridem and when you turn it down, here comes another one.

and then ultimately you are charged with numerous cancellations.
Wait, what? So not accepting is increasing your cancellation rate? You sure?

Last edited:

Blue Poodle

I feel like lyft and uber declared war on each other here. Just outing shit left and right. Mutually assured destruction.

emmhope

After rereading it does sound like driver error. Or perhaps he's confused about something. For one, stacked pings isn't a recent addon.
He is saying that it’s stupid for them to keep sending pings while he on another ride.

What I think they should have done is,do not send additional pings if the first stacked ride sent is ignored.

Strange Fruit

Use the no thanks button. I like stacked requests. More options. Sometimes u get a nice surge before u even knew it was surging there. And no wait time for another request. Otherwise, just go offline. This is one of those threads that make it look like Uber drivers will complain about anything. Before the no thanks button it was painfuk to listen to that horrendous chime for 15 seconds, so sometimes I'd acvept it to shut it up, then cancel when done. No thanks button is one of the best new features. (Still can't believe it eas ever missing)

GoBucks

The worse is when you are on the freeway then auto add pool tell you exit ram immediately. That's dangerous
Yes, with technology it should give you a certain amount of time to be able to exit the freeway safely. But then again everything on the app is a cluster and not well thought out gemerally...

Strange Fruit

Yes, with technology it should give you a certain amount of time to be able to exit the freeway safely. But then again everything on the app is a cluster and not well thought out gemerally...
Give u time, like predict that the person will request a ride? Let's keep human thought alive for a few nire years instead of saying the technology should do it.
You just go to the next exit, or the next if you still haven't gotten over safely enuff in time. It's not the technology. It tells you were a person is at. It doesn't make yr car do things. Pretend it's the 90s and humans can still think for themselves. Then do what's good to get to the rider, or cancel. Now, our little maps even have a route drawn on them, so even better. No need to make a sudden dash across the freeway. U even get paid for the miles.

This is like those people who said the navigation going off bridges was "unsafe" rather than just annoying. If an app tells u to jump off a bridge, u don't have to. They're just tools, not masters. U still have to use them. When u hammer yr thumb, it isn't the hammers fault.

PrestonT

Give u time, like predict that the person will request a ride? Let's keep human thought alive for a few nire years instead of saying the technology should do it.
You just go to the next exit, or the next if you still haven't gotten over safely enuff in time. It's not the technology. It tells you were a person is at. It doesn't make yr car do things. Pretend it's the 90s and humans can still think for themselves. Then do what's good to get to the rider, or cancel. Now, our little maps even have a route drawn on them, so even better. No need to make a sudden dash across the freeway. U even get paid for the miles.

This is like those people who said the navigation going off bridges was "unsafe" rather than just annoying. If an app tells u to jump off a bridge, u don't have to. They're just tools, not masters. U still have to use them. When u hammer yr thumb, it isn't the hammers fault.
More accurately, a better system wouldn't ping someone as they are driving by an off-ramp, give them further up on the right when they are sitting in a major urban left turn lane, etc. It could be better at predicting where you are real time when you would get the ping, and passing you up for the driver that is truly faster to the pickup. This would be a solution for the idiots who try to jump across 5 lanes in said urban intersection (namely, the Las Vegas Strip in the case I'm presenting). If they could better predict driver location and ping more appropriate drivers, everyone would be safer.

Strange Fruit

More accurately, a better system wouldn't ping someone as they are driving by an off-ramp, give them further up on the right when they are sitting in a major urban left turn lane, etc. It could be better at predicting where you are real time when you would get the ping, and passing you up for the driver that is truly faster to the pickup. This would be a solution for the idiots who try to jump across 5 lanes in said urban intersection (namely, the Las Vegas Strip in the case I'm presenting). If they could better predict driver location and ping more appropriate drivers, everyone would be safer.
It could be better. True. But it's not a safety issue is all I'm saying.
The satellite thingy doesn't even know which side of the street people are on yet, much less which lane. It works pretty well tho. Forum folk get upset when they have to activate too many brain cells while working. They could just go offline if they don't want freeway pings. The app doesn't make people drive across the freeway. Being an ahole is a preexisting condition. U can't get over in time, rack up some mileage going past and back again. Great.

And in case u guys don't know, u can cancel pretty easily without looking. The corner icon is small, but afyer that cancel button is pretty big, and it doesn't matter which option u pick. The list covers most the screen, so just tap at the list. I've already been the guinea pig. The options only matter for no show cancels. If u cancel 3 extra pool pings during one ride, it'll take u offline. No point in picking one up that doesn't extend a surge ride. I guess that's trickier on a freeway, but there's no hurry. If riders request pool, they can accept being inconvenienced wih a long wait time while u check the drop off order, and go past their exit and come back. That's great when it's surging. Only reason u took the pool on the fwy anyways, to rack up some surge miles, cuz the pool per minute is shit. At 1.9X it's only like an UberX 1.3X.