Uber driver attacked

flyntflossy10

im glad he clarified after saying "he was hitting on me in the car" a few times
that could be interpreted a few different ways...

dude shouldve just left. its not like Uber would hand is info over to police

W00dbutcher

And.......... This IS WHY YOU DON'T LET SINGLE MALES IN THE FRONT SEAT!

I don't care who you are if your alone your ass is in the back seat. Unless you're a previous rider I know/remember.

This does not apply to females...... I mean I'm not a total @@@@@@@.

Invisible

Did you watch video? Look at how driver was able to defend himself and push him off of him.
You think he could do that if he had been coming at him from the back?
A pax, who worked security in the military, told me it’s more dangerous at night to have a pax in the back because I couldn’t see if a pax was pointing a gun at my head. He said it’s important to see the hands of someone. I never thought of that

That kind of spooked me when he said it. He brought it up when I asked him to sit in the back at night. Thankfully he had no gun.

SFOspeedracer

A pax, who worked security in the military, told me it’s more dangerous at night to have a pax in the back because I couldn’t see if a pax was pointing a gun at my head. He said it’s important to see the hands of someone. I never thought of that

That kind of spooked me when he said it. He brought it up when I asked him to sit in the back at night. Thankfully he had no gun.
That much is definitely true, you wouldn’t even know until it was too late

SinTaxERROR

That much is definitely true, you wouldn’t even know until it was too late
“Too late” may be an understatement. In other words, you may never see it coming.
Post automatically merged:

Did you watch video? Look at how driver was able to defend himself and push him off of him.
If you were to ever be my Uber driver, would you allow me to sit in the front seat?

(I swear I will never brush up against you.) :roflmao:

Benjamin M

"He was hitting on me.... No, physically" ?

If he could still see after a blast of OC, he'd see my tail lights fade away as I called 911.

Driver handled it well but this does bring up the front seat / back seat issue. Second video like this that I have seen that could have easily resulted in the pax instantly taking the wheel and crashing.

Personally, if you can't walk a straight line or speak coherently, you're not riding in my car. But I typically avoid this by being off the road before midnight.

"What's my name" is all the rage because of a drunk college kid stumbling into a random car. Where's the big news story and hash tag for drivers who have been assaulted or murdered?
Post automatically merged:

lol!
The drunk telling the driver to calm down was great!
Drunk logic ?

Invisible

Vigilance is key, at night a lone passenger should definitely sit in the front
Would you say this rule also applies to a woman driver?

Yesterday I worked very late for me, until 11:30pm. It was crazy busy because we had a lot of events. But none of my pax were drunk. My last pax was the military security guy. But what he said really made me think how vulnerable we are. Don’t get me wrong, I know it’s dangerous to do this job. But I try not to think of that aspect.

W00dbutcher

No seat belt.... Slam on the breaks. Your car is the weapon. You're traveling even at 20 miles an hour you slam on the brakes where do you think this individual is going to be going he sure the hell ain't going to be swinging on you. And if all else fails guess what it's called a telephone pole. I'd rather destroy my car then lose my life. That's why you have insurance.

Cableguynoe

And if all else fails guess what it's called a telephone pole. I'd rather destroy my car then lose my life. That's why you have insurance.
I tell my wife if she was ever car jacked to hit another car. This way you're sure you get help fast and perp is more likely to run away if he's able to.
If you just hit a pole and he's ok he's gonna be pissed.