• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Driver App and navigation integration

marctony

New Member
Hoping someone can help here!
I just started with UberEats, and am having major app issues. I've searched through the forums, and although there are many navigation related problems, most with work-arounds, I couldn't find this particular issue:

The app seemingly works fine until I select a delivery. When I do, I get a "Enable Location" prompt from within the Uber Driver app. Well...it already IS enabled. Then, when I choose the only option available in the prompt, which is to "Turn On Location", I then get a similar "For a better experience, turn on device location which uses Googles location service..." message. It doesn't matter whether I then select the "No Thanks" option, or the "OK" option, I immediately get returned to the previous screen asking me to "Enable Location", an endless loop where only a reboot gets me out of it. The troubling (and time consuming) thing is that I can only test anything I do to try and fix this, after I select a delivery request!
I have a Moto G4, with few apps installed, and is at Android 7.0. I initially tried using the default Uber nav, but that had me off in the weeds. I changed the Uber app to use Google maps, then this fun started. I installed Waze and selected it from the Uber app, and have same/similar non-sense happening with it. I've tried removing and re-installing all associated apps, to no avail.

Am I missing something simple in the configuration of either the Uber app, Google Maps, Waze, or Location settings???

Any suggestions for a fix or a work-around are greatly appreciated.

MT
 

Ballermaris

Member
Perhaps check settings on the phone itself and ensure that they are enabled. Ensure that the use location always is operational on settings for the app as well.
 

marctony

New Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
Hey, thanks for the reply Ballermaris.

The required phone settings were already enabled. This is why I should never have been prompted to "enable" them to begin with, let alone get in a loop that required me to power-cycle the phone to regain any functionality.

I finally got the nav to work, by yet again (fourth or fifth time at this point) de-installing Uber Driver and Waze, and leaving Google Maps untouched. I then reinstalled Waze first, then UD. I find it hard to believe the sequence is what made the difference, but the Uber app will switch to either Google nav or Waze without issue now. Same app settings, same phone settings. Very strange. Very happy.

MT
 

Ballermaris

Member
Good glad to hear that it works now. With a future IPO in the cards investors may be the ones to plant foot up the rear end to get them to fix the messy integration.
 

Similar threads


Top