Uber driver app’s new features

alee

Finally Uber have new features on "destination" of bookings

Now it will prompt uber drivers if a trip is a long trip.

Drivers can tap "No Thanks" button if they are in a hurry to "siew kang" , no need to wait for booking time out which it find it irritating.

however, uber still cant fight with Grab on show all when bookings comes in.

ustar

Actually no need see destination, during driving time sure must take trip to go somewhere. Only end of the day trip going back home maybe once but now have the destination button good already.

Uber&Grab Driver

Normally I on destination trips if I actually far from home. But I will call them to ask their destination, can end up they are short trips which I not perfer and I will tell them I will cancel it. So the new features can see long trips etc? I did not on the apps for pass 2 weeks

razorblade

New trial. Waiting fee of 0.20/min after 3mins. Surge applies.

Usual cancellation fee of 4.80 applies if you cancel as no-show after 5mins.

Hopefully this will discourage riders from taking their own sweet time.

kb27

Destination trip has a "loophole" which happens to me.
I was given a trip which appears to be along my way home.
Then the rider wants to change destination which goes the opposite way before the trip ends.
I explain to him why I can't take his change and he accepted it.
Otherwise, there would be a quarrel on why he can't change destination.

alee

Normally I on destination trips if I actually far from home. But I will call them to ask their destination, can end up they are short trips which I not perfer and I will tell them I will cancel it. So the new features can see long trips etc? I did not on the apps for pass 2 weeks
Destination trip has a "loophole" which happens to me.
I was given a trip which appears to be along my way home.
Then the rider wants to change destination which goes the opposite way before the trip ends.
I explain to him why I can't take his change and he accepted it.
Otherwise, there would be a quarrel on why he can't change destination.

good that passengers understand and accept. many may complain.

New trial. Waiting fee of 0.20/min after 3mins. Surge applies.

Usual cancellation fee of 4.80 applies if you cancel as no-show after 5mins.

Hopefully this will discourage riders from taking their own sweet time.
not sure if u know that the Uber apps is f slow.
many x i arrived n passengers apps showed that i m still 5 mins away.
normally i will call once i arrive n see no one.
some cock passengers only leave their house when apps informed them that driver arrives but this wont work bcos apps is f slow.

LeSaux

Cheapo will still move to grab..Ccb Ytd I kena 2 idiots while on grab cancel when I reaching ccb

Last weekend I kena matched Grab share picked up 1 lady from Kitchener park royal and got another ping at Dunlop street. Wasted 10 mins to get to Dunlop street as it was Sunday night in the end reach there and no one called passenger said he already boarded another car. Damn waste time and worst is Grab once matched passenger cancel they won't assign you another match

Ultracraft

good that passengers understand and accept. many may complain.

not sure if u know that the Uber apps is f slow.
many x i arrived n passengers apps showed that i m still 5 mins away.
normally i will call once i arrive n see no one.
some cock passengers only leave their house when apps informed them that driver arrives but this wont work bcos apps is f slow.
Yes, it happened many times. There must be a lag.

Ultracraft

Yeah probably. But if I was the driver I’ll explain crab waiting fee of $3 per 5mins to the rider if they took a long time.
Grab policy more takgong! :biggrin:

"Uber’s rival, Grab, also has in place waiting time surcharges for customers who are more than five minutes late. Grab passengers are charged S$3 for every five minutes they keep their driver waiting."

razorblade

Grab policy more takgong! :biggrin:

"Uber’s rival, Grab, also has in place waiting time surcharges for customers who are more than five minutes late. Grab passengers are charged S$3 for every five minutes they keep their driver waiting."

Some grab drivers don’t dare to charge though, fear of getting poor ratings.

Anyway uber’s Waiting fee is pro-rated to the seconds. So if exceed 3 mins take your own sweet time to swipe start trip.

Ultracraft

Some grab drivers don’t dare to charge though, scared of getting poor ratings.

Anyway uber’s Waiting fee is pro-rated to the seconds. So if exceed 3 mins take your own sweet time to swipe start trip.
But $0.20 per min is peanut compared to Grab. :p