• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Driver Advice

davidwilliams

I think this one qualifies. I think it was in my first year of Ubering. I was still trying to find the most profitable times to drive and looking for the most profitable trips. Now I am fairly personable but I am older than most of my customers and at the time drove a BMW 325i which is smaller than i wanted to have. So one Friday night i am downtown at closing time and i get a call for a pickup at a country bar. Now I might be wrong but country people I figure are pretty normal everyday people. I look forward to a calm quiet ride. When i get there it is 4 people 2 couples so 3 squeeze into the back and the home owner happens to be a former BMW mechanic. So we talk about beamers and such for the 20 minute drive. As we get near the house he says that the woman he is with is his ex and pretty ready to have a man that night so if I had the time she is right there. God knows all my life I have been forced to admit that I have a lot of secret ( from me) rules and here I am discovering that work comes before fun. Not to mention I have a wife at home and if those reasons aren't enough SHE never said a word. Needless to say I passed on the ‘ opportunity'. And I dont remember if I ever told my wife or not, no need to worry her about things I never thought would ever happen.

25rides7daysaweek

I think this one qualifies. I think it was in my first year of Ubering. I was still trying to find the most profitable times to drive and looking for the most profitable trips. Now I am fairly personable but I am older than most of my customers and at the time drove a BMW 325i which is smaller than i wanted to have. So one Friday night i am downtown at closing time and i get a call for a pickup at a country bar. Now I might be wrong but country people I figure are pretty normal everyday people. I look forward to a calm quiet ride. When i get there it is 4 people 2 couples so 3 squeeze into the back and the home owner happens to be a former BMW mechanic. So we talk about beamers and such for the 20 minute drive. As we get near the house he says that the woman he is with is his ex and pretty ready to have a man that night so if I had the time she is right there. God knows all my life I have been forced to admit that I have a lot of secret ( from me) rules and here I am discovering that work comes before fun. Not to mention I have a wife at home and if those reasons aren't enough SHE never said a word. Needless to say I passed on the ‘ opportunity'. And I dont remember if I ever told my wife or not, no need to worry her about things I never thought would ever happen.
So did you get his # to work on your car someday or go back and hit that?

1.5xorbust

Are you asking for advice or offering advice?