Uber Driver Advanced Strategies and Tips for the New Ant - Vol#1

Jay Dean

This is a humorous post, but will compile all the posts and put in an actual article if people contribute. With more and more people getting forced out of work, a complete reference for new ants to dabble into would be helpful, and takes very little time to add. Will add name credit to each entry in article/document.

1. Keep doors locked until you confirm only 4 pax are taking regular Uber X / Lyft. Roll down window and ask before they enter your car, if you get 5 in a car, it could become an awkward moment telling everyone they need to leave the car.

2?

Last edited:

theMezz

2. Same with child/baby seats. Mom's here send the kid out alone. He's 5 and trained to jump right in the car to anchor the car. Then you wait wait wait while baby sitting a 5 year old. Mom finally comes out with no child seat and will argue while the kid is trained to stay in the car. Big altercations. Keep doors locked .. if kid is alone.. ask him how old he is.. what for Mom . .she will have no seat ... then don't let her in either. Deny the ride.. go around the corner .. wait for 5 minutes then cancel the ride. Otherwise you get nothing and you wasted your time.

Jay Dean

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
4. Keep at least a half a tank of gas at all times (seems like a no-brainer) but you never know when you will have that extra long ride, or idle at their favorite fast food joint that you don't refuse going through.

Timbrr

5. Don't drive around empty. Don't chase surges.

6. The front of your car makes a good weapon if you absolutely need to get out of a situation. (yes I know this from experience)

7. Stay alert. Don't let idiot drivers ruin your day.

ashlee2004

8. Carrying yourself with confidence, staying calm in any situation, smiling, kindness - these type of things are the most valuable assets you have on trips. Even if you aren't totally familiar with an area or a route, no one knows that but you. Pax perception is largely based on how you handle yourself.

9. Pax don't tip because you got them from A to B; they tip because they had a great experience. Some people accomplish this with amenities, some with nice cars, some simply have a great personality that people easily connect to. It's important to figure out what works for you personally.

10. You can always pee at McDonalds. 24/7. No matter what part of town.

Timbrr

11. Do keep an eye on your ratings, they show you how you're doing in the passengers eyes. But don't obsess over them. Some people expect more than you're willing to offer and they can't be pleased.
Post automatically merged:

I don't really want to number this one because it might be controversial to some people. But.. Make it a point to have a relationship with law enforcement. Say hi to the cops when you see them at the gas station. Smile and nod if you're sitting in the same parking lot as them. They'll start to recognize you and remember that you were friendly to them.

ashlee2004

My "town" is PHX, and no, you cannot pee at all McDonalds, unless you purchase something. Motion denied.
Your post makes sense, as absolutely no one in PHX is in need of advice as to where they can pee. However, there is a big world outside of your city, and I encourage you to pick up a good book or find a trusted adult to talk to and learn more about it.

Let's get this thread back on topic. I love this idea.

welikecamping

Carrying yourself with confidence, staying calm in any situation, smiling, kindness - these type of things are the most valuable assets you have on trips.
You might consider following your own advice.

Perhaps now we can move on with this thread, and I'll add the most basic, obvious recommendation.

Install a dashcam and use it.

FLKeys

Don't give new ants advice that will take possible rides from you. Especially don't compile them all in one place to make it easier for them. :eek:

....oh and look at my signature, best advice I can give.

welikecamping

stopped in at the ant lot in phx this morning around 9:30. Too slow to get a rematch, there were only about 20 people total at T4 and T3. The ant lot said 40 uber/40 Lyft. It was like a freaking party down there. I took a break, then watched the confused looks as I pulled out a few minutes later, looking like I was heading out on a run....

Bubsie

stopped in at the ant lot in phx this morning around 9:30. Too slow to get a rematch, there were only about 20 people total at T4 and T3. The ant lot said 40 uber/40 Lyft. It was like a freaking party down there. I took a break, then watched the confused looks as I pulled out a few minutes later, looking like I was heading out on a run....
Diamond priority queue lol