Uber Driver Addendum 1 June 2020.

PioneerXi

Three new addendums to the driver app arrived this morning.

Document 1: Schleuder is the new name for the new platform company. Uber begins referring to driver as the IC and that the relationship doesn’t begin until the driver accepts a request. Section 12 deals with opting out or arbitration.

Document 2: Deals with fees. They may offer discounts in price but it doesn’t affect driver earnings. You are bound by the agreement, if you don’t agree you can’t drive.

Document 3: Indemnity agreement. You indemnify Uber from everything. Drivers may terminate agreements within 7 days written notice, Uber may terminate at will.

Opinion: the documents on first read look like Uber is closing ranks against against AB 5, preparing themselves to walk in with copies and say “look, every driver has agreed they are an IC, and we have it in writing without cohesion”.

Seth619navy

The addendum I received had a section relieving Uber of liability for any disruptors that may set my car on fire in La Mesa or downtown.
Wow, seriously?? It would seem like if you were on the clock and in any stage of transport, James River would have you and your vehicle covered.

Seth619navy

Out of the loop, apparently. Wow, I haven't heard anything about James River in the past 2.5 years since my accident.

Buck-a-mile

Out of the loop, apparently. Wow, I haven't heard anything about James River in the past 2.5 years since my accident.
Yeah, Uber has a new insurer., or not.

Read the new waybill, last time I did it was nebulous at best.

Not driving till there is a vaccine..

Look for my new lyrics for "I want to be Sedated" in the Chatter forum.😄

PioneerXi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yesterday, I found these terms and read them once. Thought I’d come back and go through them again...the new terms are no longer being displayed.

I did not agree to them, but can go on line now.

PioneerXi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
...and now I have to verify before I can go on line.

325B0BAD-5ECE-4DE3-859E-0BAC47B38322.png

After getting terms which included a lot of IC language, how long will it be before a driver could claim that these pre-driving questions are employee requirements?

Disclaimer: spouse now has three of the four questions to be completed at home before leaving for her corporate W2 employment, and her union is now seeking OT for staff as the questionnaire becomes a condition of employment.

Seth619navy

Yep. And if you decline too many rides, the app will kick you offline. In order to get back online you have to pull over and do the whole mask-selfie thing over again. Insanity.

Paul Vincent

Yep. And if you decline too many rides, the app will kick you offline. In order to get back online you have to pull over and do the whole mask-selfie thing over again. Insanity.
Man that getting kicked offline is pissing me off. I would normally log off in an area I don't want to drive and drive away. I can't log back on while I'm on the freeway because of the mask selfie. Uber keeps logging me off when I reject $3 rides 20 minutes away. I've gotten logged off about 50 times in the past few days. I sent a text to support and of course I got a nonsensical response. It really sucks. Then I started receiving request that have no estimated earnings or times included.