Uber Drive app on an Android tablet.

richk

I struggle with the driver app on my cell phone. Small display is rough on my 67 year old eyes. Today for the hell of it I downloaded and installed the driver app on my Android tablet. Worked great and much easier to see. I was under the impression that the driver app would not run on a tablet. Clearly I was wron

I wonder how many other drivers are using the driver app with a tablet?

richk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So if you run the driver app on an Android tablet how do you receive text messages or phone call from you riders. My tablet has no phone capability. Uber won't allow me to run the app on a phone and a tablet at the same time.

joebrown618

So if you run the driver app on an Android tablet how do you receive text messages or phone call from you riders. My tablet has no phone capability. Uber won't allow me to run the app on a phone and a tablet at the same time.
There is a $3 app called "Tablet Talk" and it basically enables your tablet to control your phone. It connects through Bluetooth. You Install the apps on the phone and then the tablet. It allows you to text and call from the tablet through the phone. It works pretty well.

richk

So if I use this app the phone does not have to be logged on to Uber? I can use the tablet for everything and all the phone needs is to be powered on?

joebrown618

Don't take this the wrong way please but it doesn't sound like you have a good understanding of this stuff.

The tablet will need a data connection. I use my phone as a wifi hotspot. My Sprint plan allots me 10 GB which is way more than enough. After you get that taken care of the tablet replaces the phone.

You do not need (actually you can't) to have the Uber app online on two devices. If you use the Tablet Talk app you can use the tablet to call or text riders if needed. It's not that complicated honestly. The biggest thing is making sure the tablet has a reliable data connection. I would also say that you should get a decent tablet. The apps use a lot of resources. I have the 11" samsung galaxy tab a. It works fine but does lag a little bit. Here is a picture of how mine looks.

Attachments

richk

Don't take this the wrong way please but it doesn't sound like you have a good understanding of this stuff.

The tablet will need a data connection. I use my phone as a wifi hotspot. My Sprint plan allots me 10 GB which is way more than enough. After you get that taken care of the tablet replaces the phone.

You do not need (actually you can't) to have the Uber app online on two devices. If you use the Tablet Talk app you can use the tablet to call or text riders if needed. It's not that complicated honestly. The biggest thing is making sure the tablet has a reliable data connection. I would also say that you should get a decent tablet. The apps use a lot of resources. I have the 11" samsung galaxy tab a. It works fine but does lag a little bit. Here is a picture of how mine looks.
My Chevy Equinox has built in WiFi so a reliable data connection is pretty much a lock. My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy 10.1. I've already used it with Uber but I wasn't sure if the phone has to be at least turned on in order for this technique to work.

joebrown618

No not at all. Just the way you worded it made me think you thought the phone would be sending information to the tablet or something.

AuntyUber

I am getting a new tablet. Asus to a galaxy tab. What is the best way to switch my Uber and Lyft drivers app.?
Do I uninstall on Asus then reinstall on galaxy?
Need help!!
Too afraid to buy new tablet till I am sure I can switch over.

joebrown618

I am getting a new tablet. Asus to a galaxy tab. What is the best way to switch my Uber and Lyft drivers app.?
Do I uninstall on Asus then reinstall on galaxy?
Need help!!
Too afraid to buy new tablet till I am sure I can switch over.
You can have the apps installed on multiple devices. You just need to install them and log in. Nothing to transfer.

AuntyUber

You can have the apps installed on multiple devices. You just need to install them and log in. Nothing to transfer.
How about my other apps like Audible on books?
Gosh, I hope I remember my log in!
So afraid of not being able to work AND get the dreaded
"You are already on another devise"

joebrown618

You can reset you logins if you have to. I don't know about every app but most of them save data off the device and sync it. You cannot be online on more than one device with Uber but you can with Lyft. I have two phones and a tablet so don't worry about it.

AuntyUber

You can reset you logins if you have to. I don't know about every app but most of them save data off the device and sync it. You cannot be online on more than one device with Uber but you can with Lyft. I have two phones and a tablet so don't worry about it.
Bless you brother Joe!
Going to Verizon tomorrow
For my new tablet. Asus sucked.

Aaron k

I use my phone for lyft and tablet for uber. Phone is mounted in cup holder while tablet is mounted using cd mount. That way you can see both screens and decide which ride you want.

AuntyUber

I struggle with the driver app on my cell phone. Small display is rough on my 67 year old eyes. Today for the hell of it I downloaded and installed the driver app on my Android tablet. Worked great and much easier to see. I was under the impression that the driver app would not run on a tablet. Clearly I was wron

Get 8 inch tablet, galaxy tab A Ssmsung at verizon. Game changer!

AuntyUber

I use my phone for lyft and tablet for uber. Phone is mounted in cup holder while tablet is mounted using cd mount. That way you can see both screens and decide which ride you want.

I found CD holder destroyed player. I have cup holder with arm for 8 inch tablet. Gives a much better overview and layout of land.

wareagle30

What do you like about the android auto app for rideshare purposes?

Rosalita

I'm reading all this and laughing. I bought a stronger pair of "cheaters" at the Dollar Tree for a buck and can see my phone just fine now.