Uber don't respecting equality

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriveMeNot

Let me start this thread by saying that I'm a person who respect all humans and believe everybody have the right to live the way and choose the lifestyle that they want. However, that doesn't mean I should be forced to respect a lifestyle that I disagree with.

While opening my Uber Rider application in Chicago today, I noticed that they colored all UberX cars with an icon in support of the Pride Parade. While many of you who are reading this post will accuse me of being homophobic for my views, let me assure you that I do not hate anybody and I love all people. However I disagree with the homosexual lifestyle. The media have brainwashed many people into thinking that if you disagree with gay people life style, then you are a bad person. I still believe in free speech and I can express my thoughts however I want.

To start, being gay should be a private lifestyle. Someone's sexuality is a private matter no matter what is their orientation. How come I do not see Uber change their car icons in respect for opposite sex love and donate to organization who build and endorse families and build healthy family with a father and mother? Don't you see how Uber is not being fair to those people and don't celebrate this kind of love? Uber is being discriminatory.

Since we are not employees of Uber and just contractors, we should be aware of any change where it affects the driver directly. For example, since I do not agree with the homosexual life style, I do not want my car on the rider map to show the homosexual flag. Uber is being discriminatory against me. They do not respect my faith and my view about this lifestyle, they want to force me to support it, even riders can donate to it through getting into a ride by me. At least if we were employees, we will know the mission statement of the company ahead of time to agree or disagree with. It seems like they make and take decisions without consulting us or at least give options to drivers. This is why I believe Uber is discriminatory.

Last thing, who cares what everybody's sexuality is? As I said, this is a private matter, why should Uber invest in it? What happened to support our troops, what happened to support organizations that send people around the world to help poor people and provide food and water to them, how come we don't show their flags? Don't you see how Uber is not respecting equality.

Under the influence of Media, I bet you that if Uber knew my identity, they will deactivate me for posting my opinion because they will treat me as an employee whenever they want and treat me as contractor whenever they want. I will save them the trouble and deactivate myself. So much for freedom of expression and speech.

DriveMeNot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree. Deactivate. Please do not bomb or shoot anyone.
Its sad how you can easily translate everything to a Joke. Since you don't have anything useful to say, you try to disrespect others. As stated I respect and love all people. I just don't have to agree with their life style. If a gay person wants to get into the car with me, I will be more than happy to serve them the same way as any person, but I wouldn't let them force me to respect their lifestyle.

WestBurbsMac

Its sad how you can easily translate everything to a Joke. Since you don't have anything useful to say, you try to disrespect others. As stated I respect and love all people. I just don't have to agree with their life style. If a gay person wants to get into the car with me, I will be more than happy to serve them the same way as any person, but I wouldn't let them force me to respect their lifestyle.
I wasn't joking. I agree that you should find something else to do, and I am hopeful you don't take your "disagreement" too far and injure someone.

WestBurbsMac

Why would you assume something like that? didn't you read what I said? that I love all people. Just to let you know, more than 50% of people who live in USA share the same views regarding to the same sex marriage as I do. You are just one of those who are brainwashed by the media who thinks if you disagree with this lifestyle then you are a violent person. You should be ashamed assuming this. Homosexuality was never looked at throughout the history as something normal. Only recently its being changed by the influence of minorities. The best way to fight people who disagree with it is by accusing them of being hateful and violent.
Yes, I am the brainwashed, hateful one. You caught me. Foiled again.

AllenChicago

You're making this overly complicated, DriveMeNot. As you pointed out in your first post, we are independent contractors. Like most corporations, Uber and Lyft choose to highlight certain holidays and social events in the manner they chose. (Thanks to you, I now know why the Lyft driver cars were a different color on my App this weekend.) Each independent driver has to decide if the annoyances are worth the rewards of driving for a particular company. Personally, I'd love to see Lyft/Uber cars converted into Turkeys on wheels for Thanksgiving, or Sleighs on Christmas.

WestBurbsMac

You're making this overly complicated, DriveMeNot. As you pointed out in your first post, we are independent contractors. Like most corporations, Uber and Lyft choose to highlight certain holidays and social events in the manner they chose. (Thanks to you, I now know why the Lyft driver cars were a different color on my App this weekend.) Each independent driver has to decide if the annoyances are worth the rewards of driving for a particular company. Personally, I'd love to see Lyft/Uber cars converted into Turkeys on wheels for Thanksgiving, or Sleighs on Christmas.
What? OMG!! They slaughter Turkeys! And Christmas is so totally religion oppression!

Maybe if it was a fall festival and a winter festival, and we all got participation ribbons and group hugged.

DriveMeNot

There are few traditional holidays and many private events. Even with the traditional holidays not everybody agree with. Not everybody agree with Christmas. The same with tons of private events, such as the Pride Parade. My point is, they need to give the driver the option if they want to participate or not. They should ask them if they want their car on the map to show such a flag or not. At least this will be respectful to me personally and my opinion.

WestBurbsMac

There are few traditional holidays and many private events. Even with the traditional holidays not everybody agree with. Not everybody agree with Christmas. The same with tons of private events, such as the Pride Parade. My point is, they need to give the driver the option if they want to participate or not. They should ask them if they want their car on the map to show such a flag or not. At least this will be respectful to me personally and my opinion.
Oh puke. What the hell makes you think your personal opinions matter? Drive when you want, don't drive when you don't want. Uber nor any of us actually give a flying @@@@ about your personal beliefs. It's immaterial. If you don't like it, quit. Welcome to America.

DriveMeNot

It's a damn rainbow. Who cares. Don't like the gay lifestyle? Don't have gay sex. Easy as that.
Your reply is shallow. To me it is a principle, it is not just a rainbow, it is a symbol that should be forced into me to support, respect and agree with. I don't want my car to show this symbol. Uber should let drivers decide if they want to put it on or not. The gay lifestyle got into my business, I didn't get into their business. Easy as that.

WestBurbsMac

Your reply is shallow. To me it is a principle, it is not just a rainbow, it is a symbol that should be forced into me to support, respect and agree with. I don't want my car to show this symbol. Uber should let drivers decide if they want to put it on or not. The gay lifestyle got into my business, I didn't get into their business. Easy as that.
Please enlighten us ... why do you object? Be specific.

DriveMeNot

Meh. I just don't understand why anyone would be butthurt (no pun intended) over a damn Icon of a rainbow.
Because, our freedom is being pulled away from us while we watch. As I mentioned in my post originally, we do we focus on a private life style? why not make a big deal out of something more important? Sexuality is a private matter, why you need to push it to the throat of everybody.

WestBurbsMac

Because, our freedom is being pulled away from us while we watch. As I mentioned in my post originally, we do we focus on a private life style? why not make a big deal out of something more important? Sexuality is a private matter, why you need to push it to the throat of everybody.
Come on.... tell us the basis for your thinking... what drives it. Westboro Baptist? Sharia?

DriveMeNot

Please enlighten us ... why do you object? Be specific.
I rather not to talk to you. You are disrespectful to my opinion and accuse me of horrible things. I feel while talking to you that I'm talking to a child who doesn't know how to participate in intelligent conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.